Diabetes

Are your morning readings always higher than other readings mate?
No, the opposite really. Anything between 5 and 6.5, depending on what I had for my tea the night before. If I've had a dessert and a main course, it could be higher, but generally not above 7.5. I've still got to eat more veg, so I've bought all the ingredients for a ratatouille, which I can freeze to have at my leisure. I'm trying (very!), and it seems to be working.
When the podiatrists give me the nod, I'll be going back to the gym for cardio work, but not until after the New Year. The next stage is then to get off the medication, but that will take time.

Last edited:
Mine are. It's a pain as I don't take my kit to work so testing in the morning gives slightly higher readings than waiting 2 hours then testing.

I have taken to having a tea spoon of apple cider vinegar in the mornings to knock it down it seems to do the trick, the blood sugars have something to do with your body preparing you for breakfast and the medics have even named it the dawn phenomenon.

Saying that...my morning blood sugars are only about 7 now and they lower soon after waking with them around the normal range all day.

No, the opposite really. Anything between 5 and 6.5, depending on what I had for my tea the night before. If I've had a dessert and a main course, it could be higher, but generally not above 7.5. I've still got to eat more veg, so I've bought all the ingredients for a ratatouille, which I can freeze to have at my leisure. I'm trying (very!), and it seems to be working.
When the podiatrists give me the nod, I'll be going back to the gym for cardio work, but not until after the New Year. The next stage is then to get off the medication, but that will take time.

You're doing all the right things mate, my doctor didn't like me coming off the medication but now he's converted. Granted I haven't got any underlying conditions so it was considerably easier for me to go cold turkey. I am seeing the podiatrist today even though I have the healthiest feet in greater Manchester, at least something of mine works the way it should :)

You're doing all the right things mate, my doctor didn't like me coming off the medication but now he's converted. Granted I haven't got any underlying conditions so it was considerably easier for me to go cold turkey. I am seeing the podiatrist today even though I have the healthiest feet in greater Manchester, at least something of mine works the way it should :)
You're lucky. Even my feet don't work properly these days! ;-)

Edit: just checked my blood glucose level - 5.6!

Can anyone medical explain what diabetic ketoacidosis is and why it would take a life unexpectedly?

I learned that an old face from the past died earlier last year and that was the explained cause after a post-mortem. He was young so it’s all very strange to me.

Fuck having to pee roughly every hour even through the night!! Take my meds every day but can’t stop needing the toilet any ideas please

Can anyone medical explain what diabetic ketoacidosis is and why it would take a life unexpectedly?

I learned that an old face from the past died earlier last year and that was the explained cause after a post-mortem. He was young so it’s all very strange to me.

Your liver produces ketones naturally, they’re created when you’re on a very low carb diet such as keto. These ketones allow your body to use Fat as fuel, however in a diabetic they’re created when your body no longer produces or produces very little, insulin. This is due to your body being unable to ‘place’ glucose in your cells for energy. This leads to your body creating more and more and more ketones which are very acidic.

I believe it’s more common in type 1 diabetes

I’m on 40 units of novorapid per meal and 44 units of Lantus at bed an I still wake up high

My kidneys are also producing albumin so renal
Clinic for me on August 1st

Also on 2000g SR metformin a day which is doing sod all

The further in my pregnancy I get the more resistant I become

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.