Diabetes

Recently diagnosed type 2 but due to covid not been able to see anyone as yet. 2 20 min phone calls with nurse and meds over the net so still a bit in the dark but I have been offered flu and pneumonia jabs don't know whether to have them. Any thoughts?

If you having the flu jab for the first time then it's highly likely that you'll catch it!

My blood sugars have been way up 18 even with medication for my diabetes for ages my own fault bad living and not listening to the experts had some shite news about my liver due to this
So decided enough was enough,10 days ago changed my diet started walking 3 miles a day with the odd 30 minutes on my excercise back here and there, checked my blood sugars today 6.5 amazing and that’s just within10 days. Stopped all shite foods and started eating very healthy also lost weight in the process onwards and upwards

Glad this thread exists. Diagnosed on Friday with type 2. Doc wants me to reduce my carbs by a third immediately. So my 4 rounds of toast now become 2 boiled eggs in the morning. My ham butty becomes god knows what. A bit in the dark actually! Going shops soon to see what thrilling and exciting snacks await.
Better get some trainers too I suppose. I knew it'd all catch up with me at some point!
Going to have a read of this thread later.

Is diabetes caused by consuming too much sugar?
I drink a big bottle of coke every day and have done for 20 years. I haven't been diagnosed with anything yet but I'm pretty sure I must have something from that level of sugar intake.

Glad this thread exists. Diagnosed on Friday with type 2. Doc wants me to reduce my carbs by a third immediately. So my 4 rounds of toast now become 2 boiled eggs in the morning. My ham butty becomes god knows what. A bit in the dark actually! Going shops soon to see what thrilling and exciting snacks await.
Better get some trainers too I suppose. I knew it'd all catch up with me at some point!
Going to have a read of this thread later.
Hi pal just a quick update there is no lazier fucker than me:) in one month I’ve stopped going to the toilet 6 times a night now once, gone from 38 waist jeans to 36 waist walk every day around 5 miles never felt as well in my body as I do now.No chocolate crisps etc all month replaced it with pears bananas etc,do it early when I got diagnosed 4 years ago I abused it now I realise I should have done something earlier but better late than never

Type 2 diabetes is a reversible condition especially if changes are made early after diagnosis. If you lose weight, exercise and eat sensibly your HbA1C can become normal. HbA1C is the test that is used most commonly to make the diagnosis. It basically is an average of your sugar readings over a few weeks. I have seen people make dramatic lifestyle changes and in essence become normal. As all medical matters it is never simple. Certain drugs, like anti-depressants,anti-psychotics, affect the metabolism in a negative way. There may be genetic factors in some people too. It is not easy to suddenly change a lifetime of living a certain way. It can be done though. The truth is that many people will go down the (medication)metformin etc route and not address the issues that need to be addressed. Happy within reason to answer queries.

Hi pal just a quick update there is no lazier fucker than me:) in one month I’ve stopped going to the toilet 6 times a night now once, gone from 38 waist jeans to 36 waist walk every day around 5 miles never felt as well in my body as I do now.No chocolate crisps etc all month replaced it with pears bananas etc,do it early when I got diagnosed 4 years ago I abused it now I realise I should have done something earlier but better late than never
Thanks for that mate, and good for you.
It's all just lifestyle for me. Kids grown up and after my divorce I fell into a routine of finishing work and hitting the keg/wine/whisky. And it's been like that for too long. Started getting a tingling in my feet like they'd been rubbed with sand paper and were over sensitive. The loo thing is another one too. I can go for a piss in the night and after 10 minutes need another one. Mouth parched all night too so went for a test. It's not diagnosed in full yet as he wants a full diabetic test next week. The one I had was for other things, but he said it all points to type 2. Read about it and the words 'heart disease' are what struck me. My daughter goes uni ini September and I wouldn't mind seeing how her life pans out. I'm 50 fucking years old and should know better, but that routine has just been far too easy, and my partner likes a drink too so it's the norm to drink. I'm off to the shops after work to stock up on all the good stuff - but no cans!
Exercise is something I enjoy and will get into without any problem. I mean let's face it, there's fuck all else to do eh?

Thanks for that mate, and good for you.
It's all just lifestyle for me. Kids grown up and after my divorce I fell into a routine of finishing work and hitting the keg/wine/whisky. And it's been like that for too long. Started getting a tingling in my feet like they'd been rubbed with sand paper and were over sensitive. The loo thing is another one too. I can go for a piss in the night and after 10 minutes need another one. Mouth parched all night too so went for a test. It's not diagnosed in full yet as he wants a full diabetic test next week. The one I had was for other things, but he said it all points to type 2. Read about it and the words 'heart disease' are what struck me. My daughter goes uni ini September and I wouldn't mind seeing how her life pans out. I'm 50 fucking years old and should know better, but that routine has just been far too easy, and my partner likes a drink too so it's the norm to drink. I'm off to the shops after work to stock up on all the good stuff - but no cans!
Exercise is something I enjoy and will get into without any problem. I mean let's face it, there's fuck all else to do eh?
As people have said on here m8 you will reverse it with a lifestyle change, good luck and think positive, this lockdown is probably the best time to change your lifestyle as there’s no pubs etc open hope it all pans out I’m sure it will bud

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.