Diabetes

Is diabetes caused by consuming too much sugar?
I drink a big bottle of coke every day and have done for 20 years. I haven't been diagnosed with anything yet but I'm pretty sure I must have something from that level of sugar intake.
Go on amazon and put in urine sugar monitoring and buy some dipsticks that you wee on and it will tell you if there is any sugar in it ,if there is you need to give the surgery a bell and get a blood test done , if not give up the coke anyway , it is bad for you

I have horrific family history of diabetes and so i check my wee every month, i eat shit with the odd spell on the keto diet , i am the youngest so expect it but maybe i take after the right side of the family and wont get it

I drink a big bottle of coke every day and have done for 20 years. I haven't been diagnosed with anything yet but I'm pretty sure I must have something from that level of sugar intake.
Not on its own no it shouldn't.

Being overweight will be the biggest risk factor, obviously though consuming large quantities of sugar can go hand in hand with being overweight, so there is that natural link.

Much like the Gout thread,the same principle/advice applies.....

Look after yourself in terms of diet and exercise and,for the vast majority,these 'illnesses' will never bother you.

My blood sugars have been way up 18 even with medication for my diabetes for ages my own fault bad living and not listening to the experts had some shite news about my liver due to this
So decided enough was enough,10 days ago changed my diet started walking 3 miles a day with the odd 30 minutes on my excercise back here and there, checked my blood sugars today 6.5 amazing and that’s just within10 days. Stopped all shite foods and started eating very healthy also lost weight in the process onwards and upwards
On the back of reading this post I've just ordered a blood sugar monitor. Levels previously have been OK with nothing to worry about but....I've put on weight over the last year and even though we've stuck to basic diets it's nice to know what you're aiming for.

Not on its own no it shouldn't.

Being overweight will be the biggest risk factor, obviously though consuming large quantities of sugar can go hand in hand with being overweight, so there is that natural link.

While being overweight is a factor its not the only one. I recall seeing an interview with one of the Tour De France cyclers who was saying he was pre diabetic and his doc said hit was guranteed he was going to get it, just a matter of when. it was all down to having to have the high calorie diet when he was cycling.

Much like the Gout thread,the same principle/advice applies.....

Look after yourself in terms of diet and exercise and,for the vast majority,these 'illnesses' will never bother you.
Often for D2 this is all it takes for most people, Unfortunately, the discipline for keeping on top of both is beyond a lot of folk. Simple walking, cycling etc would cover the exercise -as I sit on this comfy chair! -, but the stuff I like to eat isn't always the best so I hover on the borderline!

From what I've read, T2D is mostly caused by carbs/glucose. Sugar doesn't seem to be a big factor.
The problem is fatty deposits from glucose being retained first around your gut, then your liver, then finally the pancreas. Once this happens the pancreas can't produce natural insulin and your blood sugar glucose rises!
I've only just jumped on this thread so will post some more at the end of current postings!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.