Diabetes

Basmati is lower on the GI however........'Isnt too bad' or good for you and you will notice no difference? Your choice.

The veg rice will also fill you up for longer as you can have far more and its slower release.

Drink more water too when you think you are hungry.
I'm making little changes. So today I have had greek yoghurt and pear for breakfast. Some pumpkin seeds to snack on (I know), chickpea and edemame beans with cottage cheese for dinner and just now a couple of carrots. Luckily I like stuff like this, but I'll tell you something, the 4 rounds of marmite on toast, bags of crisps and ham sandwich is being highly missed!
No booze either, so if I am told to cut my carbs by a third i'd say i'm well on the way. When I actually get diagnosed and have a convo with the doc, I might be forced to change things entirely. We'll see. I feel full off what i've had today.

I'm making little changes. So today I have had greek yoghurt and pear for breakfast. Some pumpkin seeds to snack on (I know), chickpea and edemame beans with cottage cheese for dinner and just now a couple of carrots. Luckily I like stuff like this, but I'll tell you something, the 4 rounds of marmite on toast, bags of crisps and ham sandwich is being highly missed!
No booze either, so if I am told to cut my carbs by a third i'd say i'm well on the way. When I actually get diagnosed and have a convo with the doc, I might be forced to change things entirely. We'll see. I feel full off what i've had today.
Good on you.

The little and often,fibrous carbs/healthy fats and lean protein approach has served me very well for over 20 years now.If you can factor in some resistance training all the better too.

It becomes the norm and you start to forget about unhealthy stuff,just have a blow out occasionally (pizza or curry etc.) when you get the urge,it will even do the metabolism good.

Good on you.

The little and often,fibrous carbs/healthy fats and lean protein approach has served me very well for over 20 years now.If you can factor in some resistance training all the better too.

It becomes the norm and you start to forget about unhealthy stuff,just have a blow out occasionally (pizza or curry etc.) when you get the urge,it will even do the metabolism good.
Good advice. Thank you.

My 17 year old lad has Type 3c...Probably doesn't inject enough insulin tbh but in his defense not having a pancreas has knock on effects (he's on digestive enzymes) that basically means conventional calculations to how the body uses carbs is out of kilter with traditional advice.

Attachments

• bms..JPG
    bms..JPG
    27.8 KB · Views: 3
As Bluemedic would hopefully agree, T2D is an epidemic. There is a difference between being diagnosed and then behaving yourself, and actually trying to reverse the problem. It is great to see City fans being interested in their welfare and taking psositive steps. Reversal probably needs a loss of a couple of stone in weight and for it to be maintained. Please read up on it, because not everyone is overweight,may have other health issues, it MUST be done under supervision. If you are making significant changes speak to your GP as medication may need to reduced. If you take tablets and suddenly drop weight, you are at risk of hypo's. Then DVLA etc may need to be notified, so not good news.

Greek yoghurt was on the site I found yesterday and I had some earlier, with sliced pears. I like that kind of stuff but man I missed my toast and marmite. I don't have figures yet, or even a full diagnosis but something is off. When I get all that, around 2 weeks, I can plan properly. I love fish and med veg. But like tonight it's curry night, so white rice. I'm fucking paranoid now until I get to speak to the doc.
White rice/ all rice spikes my blood sugars! I'll have a couple of tablespoons occasionally.

White rice/ all rice spikes my blood sugars! I'll have a couple of tablespoons occasionally.
If you don't mind my asking, does something happen? Like a symptom? You see nothing has happened to me other than some weird sensation in my foot and pissing loads, but nothing happens to me if I eat certain things. I read about spikes, but how do you know?

I was at the ABC brewery one Saturday had a couple of beers and just felt like shit.
It was end of April but I went and stood by the bbq to get warm.
Then I noticed I was pissing more in the night. Then being in the car and a few minutes from home and thinking I was gonna piss myself.
Also drinking lots of fluids.
But as for feeling strange after eating, no!

Good on you.

I've tried the cauliflower rice and the biggest mistake was buying it ready made. As soon as I opened the package it smelled like someone had farted in it!

It is more palatable fresh but I'm still not a lover of it. However I do take everything back I said about Gillian McKeith and Quinoa. I much prefer this or cous cous to cauliflower rice.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.