Dickov

Just seen his interview on SkySports News and it shows the playoff final goal... still makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up!!

Best of luck lad!

Petemeister said:
lets hope he does well...

future city manager with goater as his assistant:)
What Drugs are you on ?

-- Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:02 pm --

bluezippy said:
Legend... could end up being the perfect appointment for CITY (NOT AT CITY!!!)..... a great opportunity to send our up and coming youth players, to somewhere local enough they can still be involved with the City squad, and to a manager who has a hugh part of City in his heart, and could be the perfect role model and mentor.

Lets hope City don't let this opportunity pass us by!
He is not a Legend to me .Ok he scored That Goal but let us not forget if he had scored a few more that season & the season before we would not have been in that position in the first place.he might have run about all over the pich but his scoring record was pretty poor .dont forget he could have doomed us by missing in the penalty shootouts

cyberblue said:
Petemeister said:
lets hope he does well...

future city manager with goater as his assistant:)
What Drugs are you on ?

-- Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:02 pm --

bluezippy said:
Legend... could end up being the perfect appointment for CITY (NOT AT CITY!!!)..... a great opportunity to send our up and coming youth players, to somewhere local enough they can still be involved with the City squad, and to a manager who has a hugh part of City in his heart, and could be the perfect role model and mentor.

He is not a Legend to me .Ok he scored That Goal but let us not forget if he had scored a few more that season & the season before we would not have been in that position in thre first place.he might have run about all over the pich but his scoring record was pretty poor .dont forget he could have doomed us by missing in the penalty shootouts

got to say mate, i disagree, maybe he didnt score many goals, and maybe he did miss the penalty, but look at the positive from that match, if it wasnt for dicky we wouldnt be were we are now imo, always always gave 200% for this club, and how many professionals of today can you say that about? maybe we do have better players now etc and thats why he may not be saw as a legend to you, but at the time and the position we was in i thought he was excellent

i for one have sent an email to oldham hoping they pass it onto dicky.

but you are entitled to your opinion mate

I have met him a couple of times & he was in TGIs in Prestwich this afternoon but i just never saw the things in him that people believe they did .if scoring a goal at Wembly makes someone a legend it is a pretty narrow definition

cyberblue said:
I have met him a couple of times & he was in TGIs in Prestwich this afternoon but i just never saw the things in him that people believe they did .if scoring a goal at Wembly makes someone a legend it is a pretty narrow definition

im not just on about that goal mate, but why does everybody love bellamy? because he gives 200%? or is it his prolific goalscoring? i remember meeting dicky at deepdale after a pre season tournament with preston, barnsley and tranmere, and after he got that red card for butting someone cant remember who, he came up to the fans after the game, and il never forget his words, he said to me 'dont do what i did before, but always give your all' he then said to me dad 'he did deserve it though didnt he' and to me that summed dicky up, not an excellent football player but one who cared and had passion and always gave his all

blupoo said:
bluezippy said:
Legend... could end up being the perfect appointment for CITY..... a great opportunity to send our up and coming youth players, to somewhere local enough they can still be involved with the City squad, and to a manager who has a hugh part of City in his heart, and could be the perfect role model and mentor.

Don't know about future manager ( think we've moved on up in the world now) but in relation to blooding the younger lad's I agree. i think I also heard/read that oldham are looking at relocating. which, if I remember correctly will be quite close to Eastlands, so a great opportunity to build a good relationship between clubs.
i think the stadium is earmarked for the end of broadway,on the avro site.(failsworth end of broadway)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.