Did City ever have any Southern Hooligans?

BluePurgatory said:
Dont know why but these kind of posts make me cringe with embarassment the " Battle of London Bridge" FFS!
Don't read the posts then. Plenty of older Blues enjoy looking back at the old days.

Ian said:
BluePurgatory said:
Dont know why but these kind of posts make me cringe with embarassment the " Battle of London Bridge" FFS!
Don't read the posts then. Plenty of older Blues enjoy looking back at the old days.
Here here, well said that man

Ian said:
BluePurgatory said:

I was at said battle and at the age of 18 it was fcking scary. Most of the lads there were from Manchester but there were 20 or so London blues there and in the 80's we regularly took a 100 or so to away games. A few of them were up for the fight.

I remember around a dozen black lads used to come up from London when the Governors were at it. Once Francis, Berry, Townsend etc got jail Citys mob dwindled. Didnt see much of these London lads again. Pretty sure they were originally Spurs who got the run around from our Young Governors at Euston after we went West Ham last game. (relegated). Spoke to some and they got on with our lads. Weve still got game lads who follow us from Midlands Wales, South. Not in the numbers them Red bastards have though.

The Pink Panther said:
tidyman said:
Yaya_Tony said:
Well, y'know, all City fans are from Stockport, and Stockport is South of Manchester, so there probably was loads of Southern City Hooligans.

What a silly question. Also, who cares? Surely the infighting among Londoners would keep them all entertained.

If silly questions were banned, this gaff would be a lonely place most of the time.

Don't see what's that silly about the question anyway.

The answer's no btw.

Yes there was and I refer you to the battle of London Bridge
This lot were the ultimate "bitters" They despised united and their London support so followed City (I use the word "followed" quite loosely)
They were a gang of nutters out for trouble
The Battle of London Bridge is where they gave Millwall a good kicking, however Millwall took their revenge in Manchester a few years later

Fair enough, well the first bit anyway.

I wasn't meaning City have never had any lads at all from London/ The South.

Even though the title of the thread is .....ANY southern hooligans, I took the post for asking if there was a cockney City firm similar to United, which is why I said, no.

Southern "hooligans" - worst of both worlds.<br /><br />-- Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:20 pm --<br /><br />
strongbowholic said:
citymad said:
There was a couple of hardcore hoodlums from the London branch a few years back. Called themselves the cockney kittens after the cool cats. After a while people used to avoid the 9.30 from Euston on a Saturday morning.
Remember those boys very well. They were lead by Del "The KitKat Kid" Cooper weren't they? I did a couple of aways to with them and they were proper handy. Liked nothing more than tearing up a manor and running riot round the gaff.

Distinctly remember the Handbags At Hyde Park Corner incident. And if you weren't at the Swiss Cottage Set To, you're not a real Blue.

Ha, ha, ha - lol

What is your destription of a Hoologan ? is it a Bully ? is it a Top lad ? is it an arseole ? is it a dipstick .? is it some one who wont take Libertys ? is it a shit house who will only fight whem backed up by numbers ?

cyberblue said:
What is your destription of a Hoologan ? is it a Bully ? is it a Top lad ? is it an arseole ? is it a dipstick .? is it some one who wont take Libertys ? is it a shit house who will only fight whem backed up by numbers ?

Look no further than the idiot who ran on and facepalmed Kirkland tonight. Talk about wanting to get yourself banned from football for ever !!!!

the kippax kid said:
no but we did have a welsh mob even though it only consisted of 3 lads

-- Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:56 pm --

no but we did have a welsh mob even though it only consisted of 3 lads

And good lads they were as well.<br /><br />-- Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:54 pm --<br /><br />
Didsbury Dave said:
There actually were a couple of cockneys who were part of the Guvnors. And the Guvnors occasionally 'colluded' with arsenal. One of these lads is dead now

There was also a lad 'close to spurs' who was a main city player... posts on here.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.