Did City ever have any Southern Hooligans?

sweynforkbeard said:
Many older fans will recall the three or four seasons in the mid 80s when there was a crew of seemingly sweet old ladies from the West Country who regularly took a mini bus to all City games. There weapons of choice were extra long knitting needles and hat pins. I remember some rag meatheads taking them on only to be rolled up in a tangled giant trap made of dozens of hair nets sewn together and then savagely prodded by the game game old gals. The Bristol Bad Biddies they called themselves - they disbanded when Enid their leader developed severe rheumatism and a couple of the others had varicose vein operations.

A timely reminder that this place can still deliver some real quality.

Once more i doth my cap Sweyn ;-)

sweynforkbeard said:
Many older fans will recall the three or four seasons in the mid 80s when there was a crew of seemingly sweet old ladies from the West Country who regularly took a mini bus to all City games. There weapons of choice were extra long knitting needles and hat pins. I remember some rag meatheads taking them on only to be rolled up in a tangled giant trap made of dozens of hair nets sewn together and then savagely prodded by the game game old gals. The Bristol Bad Biddies they called themselves - they disbanded when Enid their leader developed severe rheumatism and a couple of the others had varicose vein operations.

Rumour has it they still come out for the big games. Could've sworn I saw a zimmer frame near the away end vs Dortmund.

citymad said:
sweynforkbeard said:

Rumour has it they still come out for the big games. Could've sworn I saw a zimmer frame near the away end vs Dortmund.

beat 'em on the 'ead
beat 'em on the 'ead
beat 'em on the 'ead with a zimmerframe
oh yeah, oh yeah

buzzer1 said:
totallywired said:
BluePurgatory said:
I wonder how many of those 100 would have coped in a real war zone?
For fucks sake, stay off the thread if you don`t like it. For some of us it was part of growing up. It was of the times and you could either sneak out of the away grounds or go out together. Stick together.

Unreal these fkin idiots mate, if you don't agree then don't come on the thread,simple as.
May i ask Bluepurgatory if you are indeed, plod?

Who are you calling the idiot. Those who condone violence or me who is against it. And what are you going to do if i dont stay off the thread. Set your gang on me (sic) and No I am not the Plod.

BluePurgatory said:
buzzer1 said:
totallywired said:
For fucks sake, stay off the thread if you don`t like it. For some of us it was part of growing up. It was of the times and you could either sneak out of the away grounds or go out together. Stick together.

Unreal these fkin idiots mate, if you don't agree then don't come on the thread,simple as.
May i ask Bluepurgatory if you are indeed, plod?

Who are you calling the idiot. Those who condone violence or me who is against it. And what are you going to do if i dont stay off the thread. Set your gang on me (sic) and No I am not the Plod.

Apologies and wasn't directly attacking you, i was making a generalisation about people that come onto threads offering nothing as to what the OP was asking. if you know the answer to his question then answer it... Maybe you should start your own thread castigating the hooligans and for what they stood for.
Oh btw, i never have been and never will be part of any gang as you say, although if it came on top and a fellow Blue was taking a chasing then i would gladly as i did on Wembley way at the Semi, offer my services,with pleasure.

Yaya_Tony said:
Blue Streak said:
Unlikely as it seems but I thought I'd pose the question?

I've heard many a story of Cockney Reds leading Manc Reds into situations. I've also watched City many times in London and although people might not like to hear this we have a serious amount of fans in the south.
Well, y'know, all City fans are from Stockport, and Stockport is South of Manchester, so there probably was loads of Southern City Hooligans.

What a silly question. Also, who cares? Surely the infighting among Londoners would keep them all entertained.

We love City regardless of anything even in Cheshire.

City were so superior to United in the 70s.

What we need is a BM History Lesson.

yeseye said:
I remember Larry from North London used to come up a lot in the late 80s, we were in the Cyprus one night when somebody let him down with somewhere to stay, so we took him back to Hulme with us to party, happy days good kid.
Good lad Larry,seen him outside Old Trafford at the Munich anniversary game,he died couple of years ago of cancer in his early 40s

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.