Did City ever have any Southern Hooligans?

Bilboblue said:
BL2blue said:
BluePurgatory said:
Who are you calling the idiot. Those who condone violence or me who is against it. And what are you going to do if i dont stay off the thread. Set your gang on me (sic) and No I am not the Plod.

Incorrect use of (sic)

Anyway, I know of a few lads from down south in the 90s who formed a "hooligan" group to combat the cockney rags who used to populate the train stations up & down the country. Not sure of numbers or success in fighting. Named themselves Blue Suede Crew which probably deserved a beating in itself!

Weren't they the 'Similar Shoe Crew'?

As for the original question, I would say not exactly hooligans, but there was indeed a group of Blues who while not going looking for it, would certainly dish it out if met with hostilities, and they held their own, trust me.

"Anyone who was at Euston station would remember the battle with the cockney reds which followed months of provocation, they backed off after that".[/quote]

Bilblo, without naming names, tell us more.

We've always had a decent support from the South n' as already mentioned there was always an ever present followin from the South West tho they mainly would coach it the match n' would never back down if approached by rivals.

In London there were never enough to be consided a firm as such but again some well abled bodies were never shy when trouble came !

One of the more well known was a lad with a Mohican who could more than hold his own !

The day it kicked off on London Bridge station there were no more than 12-15 up for it thugs from London with City ...Nipper Herd Gooners in the main who'd had n' shared good friendships with Young Guvnors throughout the 80's era.

Of course the Cockney Reds come into the equation as far as navigatin a lot of Saturdays out of Euston goes ...formally Southern/London Reds general support would have three specials packed to the brim no probs that would set off a fair bit of time before most London mobs would congregate Euston concorse for their respective away days to the Midlands or North n' North West.

The Cockney Reds as a mob would later differ from their general southern support in regards choice of journey ...they'd opt for regular BR Inter-City n' thus became a rite fuckin nitemare tryin to avoid at times especially on D'Days.

Back in them days lads would be gettin sussed left right n' centre by oppossin lads week in week out so to get caught out on a train n' take afew slaps tho unfortunate it were also the name of the game, didn't matter if it were by the Cockney Reds or any other mob, it were simply tough luck n' the name of the game n' not the modern day connotation of bullyin !!!

Many City from the South had no option but to attach to firm them days, in the old Division-2 it was never as hard to meet up with the rest of the lads, in the old 1st Division unless you traveled up nite before then it's fair to say a day of hostilities would start from as early as 7/8 in the mornin.

Early-Mid 80's gettin on Euston station was a lottery in itself whilst the adrenaline buzz n' adventure of it couldn't be beaten for any law abidin football hooligan :)

R.I.P Larry
4 years ago this week that creapin woman Cancer took his life.
Top Blue n' sound friend to many on this board.
Abscent friends never forgotten.
MCFC OK

tueartsboots said:
We're all nice, respectable and friendly. I do know one of bunch was quite high up in the Young Guvnors, can't say who as he posts on here !
...twas always fun gettin asked/told politely by Cockney Reds to 'pick a window' or fuckoff n' catch a slower train from Stafford or Crewe on the way up wernt it mate haha ;)

Zin 'messiah' Zimmer said:
A few but the worse was a jock named Scotch Dave, he was the partner of City social club barmaid 'Karen', who was the wife of a top lad who died to early, a mechanic from moss-side named Everton. Anyway Dave would fight his own shadow, also saw him paste Micky and donald for spilling his bitter on the snooker table in the city club, hardest fucker ive ever seen - no fear!!!
Thats cruel,what about Goofy ?

erast fandorin said:
yeseye said:
I remember Larry from North London used to come up a lot in the late 80s, we were in the Cyprus one night when somebody let him down with somewhere to stay, so we took him back to Hulme with us to party, happy days good kid.
Good lad Larry,seen him outside Old Trafford at the Munich anniversary game,he died couple of years ago of cancer in his early 40s
That's sad news, R.I.P fella.

Thenumber1blue said:
Zin 'messiah' Zimmer said:
A few but the worse was a jock named Scotch Dave, he was the partner of City social club barmaid 'Karen', who was the wife of a top lad who died to early, a mechanic from moss-side named Everton. Anyway Dave would fight his own shadow, also saw him paste Micky and donald for spilling his bitter on the snooker table in the city club, hardest fucker ive ever seen - no fear!!!
Thats cruel,what about Goofy ?

yeah forgot about chris (O:

the kippax kid said:
no but we did have a welsh mob even though it only consisted of 3 lads

-- Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:56 pm --

no but we did have a welsh mob even though it only consisted of 3 lads

Did they go into the lee arms? my mate has told me about them said they where off their heads?

I know chelsea had a firm in stockport still have now i think but all old and twats.

Anyone remember Dave K from Leicester way,will be in his 50s now,very handy bloke and a gentleman,not seen him for years,used to see him every week before we moved to new ground

Fu*k me its like ( Hooligans Reunited ) but they are all handy but dont no what they got up to .Wow 3 handy Lads from Wales & one from Leicster .wot a tasty firm that is .By the way what shoes did they wear ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.