Did Mancini hold us back?

He thrived for a period of time. But his management style reached its expiration date and we're now 'out of date' if you will and need change. His role in our history is established forever... all the current and imminent revelations about his personality and bad relations with many at the club will be forgotten in years to come and he'll just be remembered for the good things - which I'm happy for.

Tactics were far too cautious in away games against inferior teams this season.

As Champions, we should have gone out and imposed ourselves on teams rather than let them hold out for a creditable 0-0 draw, or in the case of Sunderland sneak a 1-0 win.

There was an alarming lack of plan b at times and in Europe, we're further behind the likes of Barca, Bayern, Dortmund etc than we should be. I couldn't see us bridging that gap in the near future with him.

Mancini was a marked improvement on Hughes and was head and shoulders our best manager since Kendall. That said I think there's better out there and hopefully our owners will have someone lined up.

LoveCity said:
He thrived for a period of time. But his management style reached its expiration date and we're now 'out of date' if you will and need change. His role in our history is established forever... all the current and imminent revelations about his personality and bad relations with many at the club will be forgotten in years to come and he'll just be remembered for the good things - which I'm happy for.
Correct imho. People have their day, and their day passes, and so we move on. Mancini did great things but had his day, and we should be grateful for those days but accept that his limitations will ultimately make us evolve.
As Billy Mc Neill brought us up, he found his limit
As Mel Machin was a good coach with a world beating youth team, he had hi linits as a miserable **** noone liked
As Howard Kendall was great, we just werent for him
As Peter Reid did great with Niall Quinn, he signed Rick Holden to put the crosses in
As Horton was great, he was always just Horton
Ball was always a ****, but we had a go
Frank Clarke, ditto
Joe Royle was amazing, a motivator and a leader, but found his level
Keegan tried incredibly hard, but he was squeeky and small and signed McNamanamamamamamaaamamammamamamam
Pearce did his best, with shite

But then it improved, and thats the key. Forget baconface and longevity and stability, thats rare and not the model to follow, its not commonplace. Change and evolution happens and is natural. Embrace it

PhuketBlue said:
No he didn't hold us back.

1 league and 2 cup finals in 3 years is, I believe, a pretty good achievement given the current squad. I doubt any new manager will do better without major expenditure.

Got to be a WUM.

Tonight it looked like we played with freedom. The team really looked together when they celebrated the first goal. But of course it could've been Because it was such a wonderfully made goal.

to all Mancini lovers...
there is no wrong in supporting him. those who say it is a bad step to sack him... u are all expecting us to be like chelsea. but i think it is not the case.
i think we will be like Barcelona. it is in respect that when pep came to them he took the team to new level. our system is build in such that managers will come and go.the thing is bringing in similar kind of managers who have the similar philosophy in playing to the previous one.
we are not bringing in managers like Chelsea. like bringing one time scolari in a team build by mourinho. then ancelloti then AVB then RDM then benetez. they have different philosophy of playing. it is a mistake.
mostly Manchester living people are expecting city to be like untd. sir Alex regime of 27 years.nothing wrong in then but i thing it is a good step to sack Mancini with similar philosophy manager.
any way none of the staff and players are backing Mancini except fans. this explains a lot about mancini and his man management skills

mancity61 said:
nevilletogoater-in said:
The rags are shitting it at the moment. All of them wanted Mancini to stay.

Put it this way, who are the most worried: Rags at getting Moyes or Blues at losing Mancini?

Not a difficult one is it!

If ManUre stumble out of the gates next season, the pressure on Gollum will be excruciating. Having SAF looking over his shoulder from his new seat on their Board may not be helpful, either...<br /><br />-- Tue May 14, 2013 9:35 pm --<br /><br />
Uncle Wally One Ball said:
LoveCity said:
Correct imho. People have their day, and their day passes, and so we move on. Mancini did great things but had his day, and we should be grateful for those days but accept that his limitations will ultimately make us evolve.
As Billy Mc Neill brought us up, he found his limit
As Mel Machin was a good coach with a world beating youth team, he had hi linits as a miserable **** noone liked
As Howard Kendall was great, we just werent for him
As Peter Reid did great with Niall Quinn, he signed Rick Holden to put the crosses in
As Horton was great, he was always just Horton
Ball was always a ****, but we had a go
Frank Clarke, ditto
Joe Royle was amazing, a motivator and a leader, but found his level
Keegan tried incredibly hard, but he was squeeky and small and signed McNamanamamamamamaaamamammamamamam
Pearce did his best, with shite

But then it improved, and thats the key. Forget baconface and longevity and stability, thats rare and not the model to follow, its not commonplace. Change and evolution happens and is natural. Embrace it

Bobby played an instrumental role in the evolution of the club. When he arrived, the squad consisted of very well-conditioned athletes with little tactical knowledge or awareness in their play. He brought us forward in a massive way, and I will always consider him a legend, but ultimately, even legends reach their expiration date. He took us as far as he could, and now a new leader will attempt to take us further forward.

It's going to be an exciting summer.

Well, after Hughes, if you offered 1 PL title, 1 FA cup, permanent CL place in the next 3 yrs. I'd bite your hand off.

To be fair, he did an abysmal job in Europe. But I'd always wanted him to break his Europe duck with us. Same as with Mario, he's got massive potential. Shame we couldn't be the place where it all happen.

I'd like to point out that I was neither an inner nor an outer.
However, its pretty naive and disrespectful to say we won the league inspite and not because of Mancini.
Infact it is a rather idiotic statement and shows lack of appreciation for the circumstances that led to the capture of our premier league title.
We could have given up after Arsenal but Mancini without a doubt fired up the players and motivated them to keep winning even as failure seemed inevitable.
He also checked his ego and brought Tevez back so we could have a good chance, Alex Fergiscum would not have done the same.
He set up the team to play fluent attacking and dominating football which resulted in best attack and best defence in Britain and coincidentally goal difference won us the title.
Say what you want about Mancini but you cannot question his desire to win and Mancini won Manchester City the title

jauganaut said:
Say what you want about Mancini but you cannot question his desire to win and Mancini won Manchester City the title

He did, and that's a fantastic achievement.
But, had our freakish once-in-a-lifetime win over the weakest Manchester United side for many many years been just 5-1, instead of 6-1, they would have won the league. I'm not trying to belittle our title win, but it was more a case of United loosing the plot than Mancini's managerial qualities winning it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.