Did Pantz do enough to warrant a final appearance (merged)

Re: Did Pantz do enough to warrant a final appearance

Ragnarok said:
adrianr said:
sir baconface said:
Difficult decisions but I would argue it was good man management rather than being nice. Maybe RM was playing the longer game by ensuring we keep an able back-up goalie onside and on the books.

This is exactly what he was doing. You can't keep someone like Pantilimon around on 4/6 domestic cup games a season.

Exactly. But i hope he leaves this summer to a top club. He is far too good a keeper to be sitting on the bench most of the time.

But what if Joe was out injured? Isn't that the point of having a deputy? If Panti is paid well, treated respectfully and given a number of games he might well hang around.

sir baconface said:
Ragnarok said:
adrianr said:
This is exactly what he was doing. You can't keep someone like Pantilimon around on 4/6 domestic cup games a season.

Exactly. But i hope he leaves this summer to a top club. He is far too good a keeper to be sitting on the bench most of the time.

But what if Joe was out injured? Isn't that the point of having a deputy? If Panti is paid well, treated respectfully and given a number of games he might well hang around.
Yes thats up to him. But i feel that such a good goalkeeper should seek regular first team opportunities in my opinion. Usually deputy goalkeepers are all not that good.

I think he did well. It was good to see him trying to calm the defence down after he won the ball from Mata, which was a good clean intervention, both hands on the ball.

Ragnarok said:
adrianr said:
sir baconface said:
Difficult decisions but I would argue it was good man management rather than being nice. Maybe RM was playing the longer game by ensuring we keep an able back-up goalie onside and on the books.

You hope a good player that is useful for the team leaves us? Right....

Ragnarok said:
sir baconface said:
Ragnarok said:

Yes thats up to him. But i feel that such a good goalkeeper should seek regular first team opportunities in my opinion. Usually deputy goalkeepers are all not that good.

what like brad friedel and shay given ?? ;)

I'd have picked Hart yesterday, but Mancini made his decision and, after the event, it turned out to be a good one. If he was willing to trust Pantillimon in the semi against Chelsea then I don't see why he'd replace him with Hart for the Final against a weaker side in Wigan.

DruntBlunt said:
Ragnarok said:
adrianr said:

You hope a good player that is useful for the team leaves us? Right....

Yes. For his own career as he deserves regular first team opportunities.

adrianr said:
sir baconface said:
de niro said:
Mancini's gamble paid off......just.

He can have the final now but next time we play any top side in any competition we should always put out our best 11 possible. Even the league cup, not the Watford's etc just the big boys.

I simply hate defeat. I don't want him to be "nice' .

he'll want the money and a trophy, he'll also be involved with one of the best clubs in football, reward enough. i'm glad he redeemed himself after his dodgy start and i do think he can keep his place for the final but never again in a semi bob.

I shit you not I was worried beyond belief at his inclusion. The Komapny goal line clearance was evidence and basis for my opinion. His two saves in the second half were world class though, the save where he fetched the ball out of Mata's feet was one of the best saves of the season. He misses that and it's a penalty or a goal, yet he saved it, take a bow Panty.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.