Didsbury

According to the Daily Mail, Didsbury is now a no go zone for white people, smh

it's not true. Given what came out of Didsbury Mosque already, it's not unexpected that it's an easy target for stuff like this. Up to the community to be transparent and show how much progress they've made.

I lived there first 25 years of my life. Great place then and real characters in the pubs. I worked in St Caths, Times Square and the nelson.

According to the Daily Mail, Didsbury is now a no go zone for white people, smh

Headline doesn’t match the story. No mention of Didsbury being a no go area in the article other than the implication in the headline and the picture. Click bait bollocks.

Yeah mate looks like it. I was out Sunday on the moor and there were 3 times the people in the Moor Top than the Liz.
Appreciate this post was from a few years ago, but really like the Moor Top since it got done up. Big beer garden, lots of outdoor heaters given the current situation and decent inside. The Liz has always been a bit pretentious imo and don’t treat their staff well at all

Appreciate this post was from a few years ago, but really like the Moor Top since it got done up. Big beer garden, lots of outdoor heaters given the current situation and decent inside. The Liz has always been a bit pretentious imo and don’t treat their staff well at all
Yeah, The Moor Top is pretty decent now. As for the Mail report, the idea that Didsbury is a “no-go area for whites” is genuinely one of the most ridiculous things I’ve ever heard. Just goes to show the depths some papers will go to to try and sow some discord. Shame on them, and anyone believing this bullshit.

Yeah, The Moor Top is pretty decent now. As for the Mail report, the idea that Didsbury is a “no-go area for whites” is genuinely one of the most ridiculous things I’ve ever heard. Just goes to show the depths some papers will go to to try and sow some discord. Shame on them, and anyone believing this bullshit.
Agreed, that end of the Moor is thriving now - La Cantina looks great and although I’ve never been into Roost they do a great takeaway. The Liz would be the last pub I’d go to on the Moor.

As for the Mail article, I can’t bring myself to click on one of their links and I’m glad the tweet didn’t directly link to one of the articles, but ridiculous as per - hopefully no one reads this tripe.

I lived there first 25 years of my life. Great place then and real characters in the pubs. I worked in St Caths, Times Square and the nelson.

I still drink down there, I was in the Royal Oak last night. I used to drink in Squires and Times Square and still do the Nelson now and then. It's still rough in there.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.