Dimitri Seluk (Yaya's agent)

Yaya will go this summer however I expect it to be a fraught affair. He will not want the bit part role that he will be offered and a range of big clubs will come in for him. The salary is the problem (it’s basically £10m for the year). We don’t need to pay a bit part player such a big salary so if we keep him it’s not cost effective – letting him go for free makes sense. However there is silly money being thrown around at the moment and Yaya is one of the big iconic figures of the game, I’d expect us to hold on to him right to the death of the window to see if we can extract a fee out of someone! Expect his agent to stink the place out in the interim!

Trouble is, the squad is full. Seluk knows this.

We need to either get Yaya on board or get rid & do it with time to spare.

His performances do not justify his salary. Pep got rid of him once, he won't hesitate to do it again. Threaten to leave all you want, we are bigger than one player.

021113-cake.jpg

Last edited:
Yaya will go this summer however I expect it to be a fraught affair. He will not want the bit part role that he will be offered and a range of big clubs will come in for him. The salary is the problem (it’s basically £10m for the year). We don’t need to pay a bit part player such a big salary so if we keep him it’s not cost effective – letting him go for free makes sense. However there is silly money being thrown around at the moment and Yaya is one of the big iconic figures of the game, I’d expect us to hold on to him right to the death of the window to see if we can extract a fee out of someone! Expect his agent to stink the place out in the interim!
Happy to let him become our Winston Bogarde, who I don't even think had to turn up for training, or be like McMannaman at Madrid, don't even give the twat a squad number when he can become a free transfer he'll only have played for Ivory Coast and will be a waste of space lard arse. His last big payday, he's having it now.

he will be used in a deal as a sweetner to make a deal for a big player coming in and we will loan him out to them and pay up is 1 year left on the old contract yaya will leave and man city need to get him off the books so new signings can level out the FFP rule we are still under. also heard that 2 major key players at man city are leaving and will be a bit of a shock but pep knows best

His performances do not justify his salary. Pep got rid of him once, he won't hesitate to do it again. Threaten to leave all you want, we are bigger than one player.
I agree. Some players just don't seem to comprehend that they are just one member of a TEAM. I remember when George Weah came, on his first interview he said that no player is bigger tha the team. That's fine but he made that comment on every interview he made after that. Having an ego is fine, talking bullshit is not.
I personally believe we owe Yaya so much and I don't want my great memories of him tarnished. Oh and employing that twat Seluk to represent him is fucking stupid.

I watched Kroos solid for 90 mins lst night.

1: when under sudden pressure he often sent the ball back to the cbs. (He will be under much more pressure constantly in the Prem)
2: he rarely ran with the ball
3: he was often 20 yards off the play when Germany were trying to create stuff around the oppo penalty area, taking no part in the game
4: he was usually the closest midfielder to the German penalty area when they were in possession, but was often not even in the picture on tv in that region when Germany were out of possession.

Get Yaya fit, he can do anything that bloke does & score 5 times as many goals.

He's carrying too much weight & has been allowed to stagnate due to weak, shit management. Challenge him to get fit, or fuck him off.

But ffs don't sign some other half arsed fucker, who needs two players to look after him, to replace him. Frying pan/fire.

@Neville Kneville
best football analysis i've read in the latter part of this thread so far... That's Kroos and that's why he wasn't an automatic starter at Bayern and Lahm came in the middle to do his work; then Alonso... but he is a superb distributor of the ball....

people are so quick to have replacements for Yaya but if they really compare them to him they will come second best always... and this myth that Pep sold him when he was at Barca (Pep did say that he did not want to sell him just like he said he did not want to sell Kroos)... no Barca sold him, Pep wanted him to stay as an understudy to Busquet when Yaya does better what Busquet does and scores on top of it (without Iniesta, Xavi, and Messi)... anyway, the good thing is Pep isn't an idiot supporter like we are... he already knows what he will do with Yaya... IF he stays every one here will eat their words... i am not holding my breath though...

I have to agree with the last two posts. Pep brought a player like Alonso to Bayern to act as a conduit between defence and midfield and break the lines quickly.

Alonso was at the twilight of his career and I cannot imagine anyone more suited to that role now than Yaya. He has the passing, the tactical sense and chuck in the bonus of his set pieces, free kicks.

The less demanding nature of the role would also suit him at this stage of his career. I would not be surprised to see him next year.

I agree. Some players just don't seem to comprehend that they are just one member of a TEAM. I remember when George Weah came, on his first interview he said that no player is bigger tha the team. That's fine but he made that comment on every interview he made after that. Having an ego is fine, talking bullshit is not.
I personally believe we owe Yaya so much and I don't want my great memories of him tarnished. Oh and employing that twat Seluk to represent him is fucking stupid.

I have some wonderful memories of Yaya and I'm really happy he played in a City shirt. However, I'm confused about what we owe him! He plays football for a living. He is paid close to a quarter of a million pounds a week for doing his job. Sometimes he does his job like no other, other days he doesn't even try to look busy.
Move on Yaya, let us remember the good times!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.