Dimitri Seluk (Yaya's agent)

Well, the interesting aspect to this is that at Barcelona Seluk was a thorn in both the club (Txiki was running things then too) and Pep's side. My guess is they've made it clear to the agent & player not to disrupt things until the coach decides things

It was always going to be an interesting reunion based on the fallout when Yaya pushed to leave Barcelona but should also be noted that Pep tried hard to convince the player to stay & rotate rather than pushing to start ahead of Busquets. I think it can work but will depend on the player, as always

Well, the interesting aspect to this is that at Barcelona Seluk was a thorn in both the club (Txiki was running things then too) and Pep's side. My guess is they've made it clear to the agent & player not to disrupt things until the coach decides things

It was always going to be an interesting reunion based on the fallout when Yaya pushed to leave Barcelona but should also be noted that Pep tried hard to convince the player to stay & rotate rather than pushing to start ahead of Busquets. I think it can work but will depend on the player, as always
Or he's realised no one is going to sign Yaya and he is stuck at City for another year and he is trying to salvage this season for him. He comes across as the kind of agent who lets nothing get in the way of whats best for him and yaya, doesn't give two hoots about whats best for the club.

It's true but agents are like this in general, IMHO - at least modern ones it would seem. The thing with Seluk is that there is an acrimonious history between all parties so I'm sure Pep's arrival accelerated a form of detente until things are assessed

I don't think Pep would hold a grudge towards Yaya but I also am skeptical that the Ivorian is going to work as hard as Guardiola will require. I think it's a matter of time

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.