direct cup and you get first chance of tickets !!!

joe salford said:
The cup scheme itself was worth entering for the extra loyalty points. Why should fans who have entered the scheme not be given priority? they have been to every cup game. Irrelevant of loyalty points. So some are saying that a fan who may have 6000 points accumulated over years and years but might not have been to any cup game this season ( shite attendances all year!) should have preference over a relatively newish fan who has chosen to support his club all season. Thats bollocks. Loyalty for this seasons support is being shown by the club.
The fans who say they couldnt get to Timisuora(sp) or notts county etc at home due to work commitments or whatever - well tough shit. I bet if the semi final was played on a Friday, work commitments would'nt get in the way then i think.
The club is being as fair as possible the group ticket policy for instance.

To the fans who joined the cup scheme - well done, your loyalty is rewarded,
for those who didnt - thats the chance you take when choosing to watch it telly!
p.s a day out to Wembley all told ( travel, hotel,food, beer, ticket etc )will cost as much as all the home cup ties we have played this season. Think on next year i say.

Not joining the CDS does not mean I stayed at home and watched the telly.
I went to all the cup games, domestic and European...I also saw every home game for the last 4 seasons.
I'll get my wembley ticket some days later than I might have done but please don't make stupid generalisations about non CDS members.

GStar said:
sniff said:
Im sorry mate but you seem to have missed the point that most are making.

Lets say next year 15k sign up to the cup scheme (as is the clubs aim)

then although not forced to buy, you are cleary left with less chance than newcommers who have. Its unreasonable to suggest people who lose out to a first year ticket holder will not be left bitter.

We are heading towards United's two tier ticket system, and you lot are happy to let that come in, whilst it suits.

The club is a buisness, but not in the same sense as the rags, they cant survive if the fans dont agree at this point in our history. We do not yet have the glory hunters and happy clappers to fill the gap. But they sure do make it easy and appealing for a happy clapper, get a season card next season, sign up to the cup scheme. Then jump the queue full of people who propped the club up, you know whilst the others decided it wasnt worth it.

Thats not how i want the club to end up, thats why we always considered our selves the people's club of manchester.

Amazing how things like this prove who really meant it. All i will ask is that everyone looks past this April, before putting others down for their foresight

Personally i think you've missed the point mate... City have brought this in now, as it rewards the people who signed up to the cup scheme, doesn't affect anyone getting a SF ticket and also increases chances of getting the pickers and choosers to the cup matches increasing the chance of this SF repeat.

Long term loyalty won't loose out to 1t time ST holders as i imagine next season it will be ST + CDS + X amount of loyalty points. We're not heading to a two tier system and i thought all utd away games were done via ballot; where long term support can be looked over for a newcommer.

The last bit is a bit over the top and i've no idea what point you're trying to make?

Well the last point is very clear, its an open door for the fair weather fans to come in at the same level as every one who has been here for years.

Why in any way should a season ticket holder for xxx years be demoted because a newcomer has agreed a direct debit.

United in the leauge might be done through a ballot, but not the cup games.

Its nothing to do with this season, its to do with the future. Your clearly blind to the opinion of others on this. Although its a fair and valid as yours, in fact i would say more so in the interest of the fans than yours.

Kenzie: that isnt a two tier system for Season tickets is it ?

Season card City cards have always been that way. Its not like you got to this point in the year and realised you wont get the same benefit is it ?

sniff said:
GStar said:
Personally i think you've missed the point mate... City have brought this in now, as it rewards the people who signed up to the cup scheme, doesn't affect anyone getting a SF ticket and also increases chances of getting the pickers and choosers to the cup matches increasing the chance of this SF repeat.

Long term loyalty won't loose out to 1t time ST holders as i imagine next season it will be ST + CDS + X amount of loyalty points. We're not heading to a two tier system and i thought all utd away games were done via ballot; where long term support can be looked over for a newcommer.

The last bit is a bit over the top and i've no idea what point you're trying to make?

Well the last point is very clear, its an open door for the fair weather fans to come in at the same level as every one who has been here for years.

Why in any way should a season ticket holder for xxx years be demoted because a newcomer has agreed a direct debit.

United in the leauge might be done through a ballot, but not the cup games.

Its nothing to do with this season, its to do with the future. Your clearly blind to the opinion of others on this. Although its a fair and valid as yours, in fact i would say more so in the interest of the fans than yours.

Kenzie: that isnt a two tier system for Season tickets is it ?

Season card City cards have always been that way. Its not like you got to this point in the year and realised you wont get the same benefit is it ?
who is a newcomer in your opinion?

People arguing against this action from City are extremely blinkered in the main.

The one criticism of City is that they should have communicated their intentions to reward CSD members with the ability to be at the top of the queue for SF/F tickets.

New comers aren't pushing long term ST holders out, loyalty still equals priority to tickets but it's now been given a bit of a facelift... there's more emphasis on continued loyalty as opposed to past loyalty allowing access to big games and the 'choice' of giving the less attractive games a miss.

I don't think you should ever believe you've 'earnt your stripes' following City... the one's at the top are there because they've gone to every game home and away for a number of years, and most importantly continue to do so... they will always be able to get tickets for every game at the top of the pile.

GStar said:
People arguing against this action from City are extremely blinkered in the main.

The one criticism of City is that they should have communicated their intentions to reward CSD members with the ability to be at the top of the queue for SF/F tickets.

New comers aren't pushing long term ST holders out, loyalty still equals priority to tickets but it's now been given a bit of a facelift... there's more emphasis on continued loyalty as opposed to past loyalty allowing access to big games and the 'choice' of giving the less attractive games a miss.

I don't think you should ever believe you've 'earnt your stripes' following City... the one's at the top are there because they've gone to every game home and away for a number of years, and most importantly continue to do so... they will always be able to get tickets for every game at the top of the pile.

Good post!

GStar said:

but thats the point mate. if they dont sign up to the cup scheme then they wont be able to go.

Next years uptake is goig to be huge on the back of this. and yeah the higher end would still get a ticket for a semi final.

But what happens in the final, you have 36k season card holders 15k + on the cup scheme and 25k tickets. Now those numbers dont add up enough for the scenario you propose. If the uptake is the same as this year then id agree. but that isnt going to be the case.

in that situation you are bound to be left with people on high points who will miss out, whilst another on the first year jumps the queue. that isnt fair.

this year it makes very little difference, but next year and the following 5. It really is.

in practice next year, a supporter who has never been to a city game in his life, could pop on the waiting list and get a season card. Nothing wrong with that, the same person then signs for the cup direct, nothing wrong with that.

Big game totts up on the doorstep, sorry mate i know you got 4000 points and been to all the games, you should get a ticket to the final. but 6000 new ticket holders who couldnt point to coms on a map, signed up to the cup scheme.

Sorry.

the ones at the top still would get tickets, but what about the 4-5 year ticket holders in the middle, do they not matter ? The majority would fit that bracket, why is it ok for them to be demoted ?

thats not far fetched, not dreamt up. those are the rules as they stand. How anyone can justify that is beyond me.

The club are only doing what every commercial organisation in the world is trying to do... create a demand for their product by making it more attractive and scarce.

This is a shot across the bows of those that don't sign up to the Cup Direct Scheme... it's a way of the club compelling the supporters to buy what is, in effect, a Cup season ticket.

Next season we will have better home cup crowds... of that you can almost guarantee, simply by them tinkering about with potential cup final (and semi-final) ticket availability.

No one will miss out that is deserving... but there will be many next season who may perceive this as a way of sidesterpping the normal methods.

But don't expect City to do the same thing again, next season, should we be in a similar situation... they might very well go for another option.

Get used to it. They are changing the culture of the club even if there are still a few out there who think we will do the same things as we did in the past...

Signing up for the Cup Scheme doesn't guarantee decent crowds. Some may sign up and still choose not to attend early rounds of Cup competitions. It should be done on attendance only with CDS for future criteria.

sniff said:
but thats the point mate. if they dont sign up to the cup scheme then they wont be able to go.

Next years uptake is goig to be huge on the back of this. and yeah the higher end would still get a ticket for a semi final.

But what happens in the final, you have 36k season card holders 15k + on the cup scheme and 25k tickets. Now those numbers dont add up enough for the scenario you propose. If the uptake is the same as this year then id agree. but that isnt going to be the case.

in that situation you are bound to be left with people on high points who will miss out, whilst another on the first year jumps the queue. that isnt fair.

this year it makes very little difference, but next year and the following 5. It really is.

in practice next year, a supporter who has never been to a city game in his life, could pop on the waiting list and get a season card. Nothing wrong with that, the same person then signs for the cup direct, nothing wrong with that.

Big game totts up on the doorstep, sorry mate i know you got 4000 points and been to all the games, you should get a ticket to the final. but 6000 new ticket holders who couldnt point to coms on a map, signed up to the cup scheme.

Sorry.

the ones at the top still would get tickets, but what about the 4-5 year ticket holders in the middle, do they not matter ? The majority would fit that bracket, why is it ok for them to be demoted ?

thats not far fetched, not dreamt up. those are the rules as they stand. How anyone can justify that is beyond me.

It's entirely possible that next year's uptake will see a big increase, in that case why wouldn't everyone sign up to the cup scheme?

Why is it ok for some (25k) to fuck off every single cup game until a semi final and then demand a ticket because they're in a position to have had a ST for a number of years and now want to pick and choose the big games?

You're argument is valid, but i think there's many good, valid points on both sides.

Personally i think its a good move by City, we're already having to get used to many moved kick off times because of europa league/sky tv etc

I don't think its right a 35 year old with a ST for 10 years yet decided to watch every cup game at home should then stroll to the top of the queue over a 20 year old who's had a season ticket for a few years but has also pledged loyalty up front and attended every single cup games.

City fans have shown over the past few years that they're not prepared to come out and support the team in the cup games, so give the tickets to the ones that will... that's got just as much merit as saying 'loyalty points trump all'.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.