direct cup and you get first chance of tickets !!!

If city want to ensure better attendances, then people shouldn't just be automatically rewarded for signing up to different schemes (whether it be season cards, CDS,) People should only be rewarded for turning up to games. I would suggest that points are only given if your card is used for that game, if not then the points are deducted. i.e if you get 190 points for a season ticket, then 10 points are deducted for every game your card isn't used - same with the cup scheme. If you can't go to a game there is then a benefit in making sure your card is still used whether it be giving it to a mate, relative, etc. thus ensuring more bums on seats.

Good move. Rewards those prepared to go to the low interest half empty stadium games that are also on TV. No point having a Cup direct scheme otherwise as you can always get a ticket in the early rounds anyhow. Commit to the shit games that half our support can't be arsed with and we'll give you some priority if we happen to get to wemberlee in the same competition. Fair enough really. I'm sure there will be more turning up in cup games next season and thats all City are trying to achieve.

Balti said:
Good move. Rewards those prepared to go to the low interest half empty stadium games that are also on TV. No point having a Cup direct scheme otherwise as you can always get a ticket in the early rounds anyhow. Commit to the shit games that half our support can't be arsed with and we'll give you some priority if we happen to get to wemberlee in the same competition. Fair enough really. I'm sure there will be more turning up in cup games next season and thats all City are trying to achieve.

Spot on. Maybe there won't be half a empty stadium for cup ties next year. All this bleating about it being alright for those who can afford to join the cup scheme makes me laugh. Life is about money and who can afford what. As a former Thatcher youth I couldn't go to the '81 final cos I was on the dole, even though I could have had a ticket for free. I went to the replay because it was on a Thursday which was giro day for me, and I could get a train ticket. Left me totally skint for 2 weeks and I mean skint.

FA Cup attendances this season and price;

Leicester 27755 £15
Notts County 27276 £15
Villa 25570 £22.50
Reading 39133 £25/17.50/15

One of the reasons people give for not turning up is the cost. So if you can't afford to go to the early rounds how are you going to afford a £200 day out at Wembley, hopefully twice?

People simply couldn't be fucked against the likes of Notts County and gave it a miss.
Those on the cup scheme agreed to pay for an unspecified number of games, against unspecified opposition, at an unspecified cost.

Their loyalty has been rewarded correctly on this occasion.

GStar said:
People arguing against this action from City are extremely blinkered in the main.

The one criticism of City is that they should have communicated their intentions to reward CSD members with the ability to be at the top of the queue for SF/F tickets.

New comers aren't pushing long term ST holders out, loyalty still equals priority to tickets but it's now been given a bit of a facelift... there's more emphasis on continued loyalty as opposed to past loyalty allowing access to big games and the 'choice' of giving the less attractive games a miss.

I don't think you should ever believe you've 'earnt your stripes' following City... the one's at the top are there because they've gone to every game home and away for a number of years, and most importantly continue to do so... they will always be able to get tickets for every game at the top of the pile.
Great post

SWP's back said:
GStar said:
People arguing against this action from City are extremely blinkered in the main.

The one criticism of City is that they should have communicated their intentions to reward CSD members with the ability to be at the top of the queue for SF/F tickets.

New comers aren't pushing long term ST holders out, loyalty still equals priority to tickets but it's now been given a bit of a facelift... there's more emphasis on continued loyalty as opposed to past loyalty allowing access to big games and the 'choice' of giving the less attractive games a miss.

I don't think you should ever believe you've 'earnt your stripes' following City... the one's at the top are there because they've gone to every game home and away for a number of years, and most importantly continue to do so... they will always be able to get tickets for every game at the top of the pile.
Great post

Agreed.

Good to see you're doing your patrolling of the ticketing threads still mate, always good for a laugh....

GStar said:
sniff said:
but thats the point mate. if they dont sign up to the cup scheme then they wont be able to go.

Next years uptake is goig to be huge on the back of this. and yeah the higher end would still get a ticket for a semi final.

But what happens in the final, you have 36k season card holders 15k + on the cup scheme and 25k tickets. Now those numbers dont add up enough for the scenario you propose. If the uptake is the same as this year then id agree. but that isnt going to be the case.

in that situation you are bound to be left with people on high points who will miss out, whilst another on the first year jumps the queue. that isnt fair.

this year it makes very little difference, but next year and the following 5. It really is.

in practice next year, a supporter who has never been to a city game in his life, could pop on the waiting list and get a season card. Nothing wrong with that, the same person then signs for the cup direct, nothing wrong with that.

Big game totts up on the doorstep, sorry mate i know you got 4000 points and been to all the games, you should get a ticket to the final. but 6000 new ticket holders who couldnt point to coms on a map, signed up to the cup scheme.

Sorry.

the ones at the top still would get tickets, but what about the 4-5 year ticket holders in the middle, do they not matter ? The majority would fit that bracket, why is it ok for them to be demoted ?

thats not far fetched, not dreamt up. those are the rules as they stand. How anyone can justify that is beyond me.

It's entirely possible that next year's uptake will see a big increase, in that case why wouldn't everyone sign up to the cup scheme?

Why is it ok for some (25k) to fuck off every single cup game until a semi final and then demand a ticket because they're in a position to have had a ST for a number of years and now want to pick and choose the big games?

You're argument is valid, but i think there's many good, valid points on both sides.

Personally i think its a good move by City, we're already having to get used to many moved kick off times because of europa league/sky tv etc

I don't think its right a 35 year old with a ST for 10 years yet decided to watch every cup game at home should then stroll to the top of the queue over a 20 year old who's had a season ticket for a few years but has also pledged loyalty up front and attended every single cup games.

City fans have shown over the past few years that they're not prepared to come out and support the team in the cup games, so give the tickets to the ones that will... that's got just as much merit as saying 'loyalty points trump all'.
Could you give me eloquence lessons one day fella?

Again a great post.

ell said:
Ive been to every single home cup game this season so I dont understand why Im not getting rewarded aswell.
It's explained about 129 times on the preceding 66 pages.

Hope that clears things up

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.