Discuss Pellegrini (Pt 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
BLUEMATT23 said:
cookster said:
Mike D said:
How long does Pellegrini get ? What I seen tonight and so far I am not exactly brimming with confidence. Against the shit teams of that I include the rags (who I also add are shit) we've struggled against probably the best team in the world tonight we were humiliated apart from the last 20 minutes when Pellers woke and smelt the coffee.

Just how long do we give this in my book it was always a gamble bringing in? This a man no spring chicken who has fallen at the big club before? His only success has been at the smaller club and I guess that well could be his level over achieving. Despite now being on the fence I think that unless he doesn't turn things around by christmas he'll be gone with the turkeys.

Christmas maximum

Who the hell do we bring in if we get shut though?
I guess Santa would be free from boxing day onwards

SoDakBlue said:
It might be the conspiracy theorist in me, but I think Pele's hands are somewhat tied by the ethos the Spanish duo is trying to instill in the club. Anyone with a casual football knowledge could see we were getting run over in midfield, and the look of frustration on Pele's face within the first few minutes of the game speaks to me as someone whose hands are tied.
Huh...if that is true then it shame and the blame goes straight to chairman .

RandomJ said:
Jumanji said:
Why the slagging off of Pellegrini?

Mancini made the same exact mistake against Bayern. (2 man midfield)

Pellegrini also didn't give up 2 soft near post goals to put the team on the back foot.

Because he got the team and formation wrong and waited until 70 minutes had passed to change things? Just a thought.
Yes it was naïve but now he knows you can't play like that against Bayern.

allan harper said:
I'm just pissed off that is was obvious after 20/30 seconds our team needed charging but nothing happened until it was too late in the second half.

fixed

Jumanji said:
RandomJ said:
Jumanji said:

Pellegrini also didn't give up 2 soft near post goals to put the team on the back foot.

Because he got the team and formation wrong and waited until 70 minutes had passed to change things? Just a thought.
Yes it was naïve but now he knows you can't play like that against Bayern.

Great. Maybe if he did his fucking homework on them he'd have known this before the game.

Genuinely don't know what your all harping on about. There was a lot of positives to take from that game tonight.

We know Dzeko is positivly shit. For those who didn't know anyway.
We know Hart has completely lost it.
We remembered how good Silva is.
We realised that Milner has a lot to offer.
And we know that MP is shit with substitutions and too stubborn to see it.

Roll on Bayern away where I'm concerned that the only difference is we will need to learn most of this shit all over a-fookin-gain because the manager will be too stubborn to try the extra man in midfield!

Jumanji said:

You can't compare our performance against them under Mancini to tonights shambles. We had two stonewall pens not given at their place. Tonight was just embarrassing, not only did he get his tactics wrong, but he stubbornly refused to change them until it was too late.
Worst performance by a City team since Pearce was in charge. There really is no defending him tonight.

Don't you think if Hart hasn't let in 2 soft near post goals, the game could have been different?

For all Bayern's possession, they didn't create much.

Gift of goals.

Was screaming for another midfielder as totally outnumbered. Everyone on TV was saying needs another midfielder. Changed it far far too late but we looked better when we finally matched them for numbers in the middle. Team selection and use of substitutions is worrying

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.