Discuss Pellegrini (Pt 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
Ducado said:
The result tonight was totally his doing, the team looked clueless from the start like they did not have a clue what was going on, it was a shambles from the kick off, we have some excellent players in that team

He has got a few games to turn it around, and they are all difficult games he better get his finger out and start working for his money
I detect the first little doubts are entering your head?
Ive made my mind up and im sticking to it pal...call me knee jerk but that was abysmal tactically from manager and tge desire was awful from the players

I am angry because he got it so wrong tonight, and that was obvious from kick off, but this could be a cathartic moment, who knows but if you think for one moment I am going to start acting like an hysterical teenage girl about this you are wrong

Blue Haze said:
tuearts overhead said:
a modern day Kevin Keegan f---in joke

we got rid of Bobby someone who bought us success (and would have achieved more if the club had backed him in the transfer market last year) because we wanted to be holistic ffs

He had his own unresolvable problems. We were in dire form when Mancini was sacked.

We had lost the final and finished second but I think we all know he was sacked because he wasnt enough of a nice guy and more importantly wasnt part of the Tixi cabal.

Personally I would prefer the biggest c--t in the world regardless of whether he puts his arms around everyone or not as long as they produce results.

Holistic yeah whatever nice to have I suppose but doesnt seem like much after a surrender at Villa and a bending over today (wasnt Pellers meant to be a genious at CL?)

He has much to learn it seems.

Many of our performances so far this season have had me worried and confused, but the one thing that makes me think we will turn this around is the players and their attitude towards Pellers.

I'm not saying because the players are happy all is ok. I'd rather have unhappy players with trophies and titles than happy players with fuck all, but he seems to have some pretty strong personalities and ego's in check and they seem to ALL want to play for him. Even poor Barry who had to watch tonight in a studio praised how Pellegrini has got the best out of some of the slackers of the previous campaign. You could argue that was Barry being an ultimate pro but he was quite forthcoming with his praise.

We have some brilliant players, and I remain confident Pellegrini will get this right and with that we'll see some great football.

We are top heavy though. Another top CB is a must!!

Ducado said:
St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
Ducado said:
The result tonight was totally his doing, the team looked clueless from the start like they did not have a clue what was going on, it was a shambles from the kick off, we have some excellent players in that team

He has got a few games to turn it around, and they are all difficult games he better get his finger out and start working for his money
I detect the first little doubts are entering your head?
Ive made my mind up and im sticking to it pal...call me knee jerk but that was abysmal tactically from manager and tge desire was awful from the players

I am angry because he got it so wrong tonight, and that was obvious from kick off, but this could be a cathartic moment, who knows but if you think for one moment I am going to start acting like an hysterical teenage girl about this you are wrong

Did he not get it wrong at villa.stoke and cardiff aswell?
Out of his depth im afraid.

bluemoon73 said:
Four Four Fucking two...what fucking year is it!
It's like he's watched a video of Wimbledon in the 80s and thought; "ah, yes, this is how to line a team up in English football!"

Four four fucking two. Is he on drugs? It's almost laughable, but I'm too gutted to even raise a smirk.

I think if silva was fit enough to start tonight he' d of had the option of playing an extra midfielder, but he wasnt. But maybe Pellegrini wants to develop the idea that at home we play with 2 strikers, and we dont sit back and try to counter teams because it has never worked in big games for us has it..ever? So why will it work now..? I cant imagine bayern or barca putting 5 in midfield and just being happy to score a break away goal then defend for there lives... and maybe his plan is if we want to be as big as these teams then we must adopt the attitude of these teams?

It is worrying. The main reason for appointing him was his Champions League record (although he underperformed in that respect at Real Madrid) surely? However, even after playing excellent sides like Real Madrid, Bayern and Dortmund, he's just handed us our first loss at home in the Champions League, and the nature of it as well, 3-1 is not at all flattering on them, and once again, three goals conceded... Eight times since Mancini left, four times in competitive games. We can't bury our head in the sand about our defensive woes, it is a serious issue. We need to readjust the balance of our side to be a bit more defensive. Once more, our central defence was exposed through the middle getting dragged out of position leaving gaping holes due to the lack of cover on the flanks. This was made all the more irritating by the fact we were playing Clichy. Clichy's next to fucking useless going forwards, keep him back if you're going to play him!

Caveman said:
Robbo. said:
Caveman said:
Completely unacceptable from Pellegrini.

I'm not saying that had we played the right formation and personnel tonight that we would have won that game, but at least it may have given us a chance. However we lost that game when the team sheet was handed in before the match, or even for the past few days if he's been preparing them to play this formation in training. Dreadful dreadful coaching. I don't know whether to be angry with him or feel sorry for him. I certainly felt sorry for the lads on the pitch because what could they do?

With the ball Bayern played a 3-7 / 3-2-5 formation; the two centre-halves split and Lahm sat between them, the two full back pushed forward and Schweinsteiger Müller Kroos Robben and Ribery interchanged around the midfield - they didn't play with a striker:
------------------------Neuer---------------------
----------Boateng-----Lahm-----Dante----------
Rafinha--------------------------------------Alaba
Robben--Kroos--Schweinsteiger--Muller--Ribery

And we played 442, giving them between 2 and 4 free men with all the time and space in the world. You could have got a kid from the local primary school to work out that was wrong. Yet it took him until the 70th minute to change it.

Awful

Unacceptable

Yes, they are the best team in the world; yes, they are on another plant to us...but that makes it worse! The space they had for 70minutes was criminal!

I really want to give Pellegrini some time and see him trough his time with us without calling for his head - and I won't - but I'm sure as fuck don't want to see that level of tactical ineptness from him again!

-5/10!
Funny your name suits your post
My name suits Pellegrini's formation.

You're spot on with your post, Pellegrini got it wrong and Pep's team look even better than last year, we have the players to emulate Bayern but can Pellegrini get our team to play like them. I hope he can get it right, but the next few away games will see if he can or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.