Discuss Pellegrini (Pt 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ducado said:
Does there not come a time for us all to move on, and forget old animosity ? We are all City fans after all
Frankly, I dislike suggesting what moderation staff should or shouldn't do as it's their prerogative but as it's a direct question... if the ban hammer had been wielded with some force people might have learned their lesson and shut their fucking mouths instead of having to line up to smugly crow about their forum superiority. As it is at this point, you could ban both sets of them or leave it as is I suppose. Anything else will just exacerbate it.

Really interesting interview with Jurgen Klopp in today's Guardian ... this bit stood out for me.

It has combined to make him an attractive proposition and the predators have sniffed, particularly from the Premier League. Klopp does not want to say that Manchester City and Chelsea wanted him before they appointed Manuel Pellegrini and José Mourinho respectively – to him it is in the past – but the references are almost matter of fact.

"I know that some clubs were interested, of course," he says. "They thought about us. You know these clubs … they changed coaches last season. Man City? But I don't say anything about this. From other countries, they were also interested."

It was always improbably that he'd leave Dortmund but it's good to know City tried. Apologies if people think this was the wrong thread to put this in.

BillyShears said:
Really interesting interview with Jurgen Klopp in today's Guardian ... this bit stood out for me.

It has combined to make him an attractive proposition and the predators have sniffed, particularly from the Premier League. Klopp does not want to say that Manchester City and Chelsea wanted him before they appointed Manuel Pellegrini and José Mourinho respectively – to him it is in the past – but the references are almost matter of fact.

"I know that some clubs were interested, of course," he says. "They thought about us. You know these clubs … they changed coaches last season. Man City? But I don't say anything about this. From other countries, they were also interested."

It was always improbably that he'd leave Dortmund but it's good to know City tried. Apologies if people think this was the wrong thread to put this in.

TBF you called this right a while ago and I heard a German pundit recently say [in English] that he likes to talk a lot to the players and so never really wants to leave Germany, and that BM are the ideal club for him there. Maybe next manager of their national side, I suppose, but little chance of him coming to England anyway.

coleridge said:
TBF you called this right a while ago and I heard a German pundit recently say [in English] that he likes to talk a lot to the players and so never really wants to leave Germany, and that BM are the ideal club for him there. Maybe next manager of their national side, I suppose, but little chance of him coming to England anyway.

He could even end up being the type to stay at Dortmund his whole career. He's a formidable opponent for Pep in the Bundesliga, and for all top coaches and teams in the Champions League. Be an interesting rematch between him and Pellegrini if we get them at any point in the CL.

Pellegrini very very nearly outdid him ... which considering the gulf in class between the two team's players, would've been some fucking achievement.

taconinja said:
Ducado said:
Does there not come a time for us all to move on, and forget old animosity ? We are all City fans after all
Frankly, I dislike suggesting what moderation staff should or shouldn't do as it's their prerogative but as it's a direct question... if the ban hammer had been wielded with some force people might have learned their lesson and shut their fucking mouths instead of having to line up to smugly crow about their forum superiority. As it is at this point, you could ban both sets of them or leave it as is I suppose. Anything else will just exacerbate it.

I'm curious on how you would moderate it differently, you can't just ban people for having a difference in opinion or disagreeing with each other, this forum would be a lonely place if that was the case?

You could like others do though and avoid the thread at all costs ;-)

Danamy said:
taconinja said:
Ducado said:

I'm curious on how you would moderate it differently, you can't just ban people for having a difference in opinion or disagreeing with each other, this forum would be a lonely place if that was the case?

Its inevitable this season that any debate about City's performances will centre on how things have changed from last year. What's improved? What's not so good?

The sacking of Mancini divided City supporters. Good performances will be viewed by those who wanted him gone as vindicating their opinion. And vice versa for bad performances.

It's going to be like that at least for this season, probably longer. Just a shame when it turns into a clash of egos between the most vociferous pro and anti Mancini factions.

Danamy said:
taconinja said:
Ducado said:

Well I suppose the easiest way would be to give someone a short break such as 24 hours or 72 hours or some such when they take it from being about football and about each other. It's fairly obvious on reading when someone is attacking another person and not their footballing argument. That isn't disagreement, nor is it a difference of opinion.

Well... I suppose it is a difference of opinion if a person calls another person "a fucking moron" (to pull an example that's hypothetical but wouldn't surprise me if it existed in this discussion) and the person in question disagreed with that assessment, but what would that have to do with Pellegrini or Manchester City Football Club?

cibaman said:
Danamy said:
taconinja said:

Its inevitable this season that any debate about City's performances will centre on how things have changed from last year. What's improved? What's not so good?

The sacking of Mancini divided City supporters. Good performances will be viewed by those who wanted him gone as vindicating their opinion. And vice versa for bad performances.

It's going to be like that at least for this season, probably longer. Just a shame when it turns into a clash of egos between the most vociferous pro and anti Mancini factions.

It'll probably carry on through until the next manager to be honest, comparisons will always be made and rightly so, they both have pros and cons.

It becomes tedious and boring when egos of being right or wrong get in the way of good debate though, there's nothing wrong with debating the issues it's when people troll other posters it becomes a problem and breaks the CoC, people from both sides have been issued bans for this reason.

I've said before that if you could take the usernames away from a thread you'd have a different outlook on certain issues, in my opinion some people just disagree with certain usernames for the sake of argument.

He was tasked with doing it, and he's done it.

Got City through to the knockout stages.

Can he now take us to the quarters by beating one of the favourites in the last 16?

Then it's open season, where we could draw another English team in the last 8.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.