Discuss Pellegrini (Pt 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The cookie monster said:
Ducado said:
Does there not come a time for us all to move on, and forget old animosity ? We are all City fans after all
It will never stop while you have the same poster daily having digs at the past regime
Then the arguments start
He just won't let it go,bit of a fanny if you ask me.
Both sides are at fault. There's unnecessary digs at Mancini after a good result and Pellegrini after a bad result.

Another big decision coming up for pellers. Massive game against CSKA does he stick with panty after 2clean sheets (although yesterday shouldn't count, we could have played fly keeper) or bring back joe? I'd keep panty in. Has pellers got the balls to keep panty in for a game this size?

southstand117 said:
Another big decision coming up for pellers. Massive game against CSKA does he stick with panty after 2clean sheets (although yesterday shouldn't count, we could have played fly keeper) or bring back joe? I'd keep panty in. Has pellers got the balls to keep panty in for a game this size?

I'd be amazed if Pantillimon doesn't play on Tuesday. Although I think on a decent pitch, without Garcia in central defence we will batter CSKA and it won't matter too much who is in goal.

southstand117 said:
I can't see him.changing it until the Leicester game. Unless of course he decides he's going to rotate for.all cups.

Pants should start the game, no doubt whatsoever.

Joe needs to realise that he isn't a protected species and doesn't have a career long mortgage on the position regardless of how he plays.

Didsbury Dave said:
OB1 said:
BobKowalski said:
However the pre-season physical preparation, which got everyone excited on here for reasons which still continue to elude me, are distinct from the mental environment that the man in charge creates. Moyes stepping up the physical training does nothing to give his team the same belief that Taggart gave them. Pellers is a less driven, less obsessive individual than Mancini (or a Benitez or a Mourinho or a Pep) and consequently the team is less driven to go the extra 1 or 2 percent that is the difference between success and failure at the highest level. It is not even a concious thing but you just settle at the level that is expected of you collectively and individually by the man in charge. And with Pellers this level is below what is needed to win trophies consistently.

So Pellers isn't driven? The guy that wants his team to keep playing at the level he wants (and achieved today)isn't driven? The hunger and desire that was shown by the team was in no way inspired by the current manager driving his team to show a merciless winning attitude?

But I guess its not the shitty business end of the season so it's OK for Chelsea to put in a performance their manager didn't like.

You won't hear from Bob-loves-Bob for a while, OB1.

Was last seen telling us all how Mourinho has Chelsea as a killing machine and nice old Manuel just runs a Doss house.

And I thought you were a Mourinho groupie at sometime in the past - silly me!<br /><br />-- Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:59 pm --<br /><br />
Danamy said:
Gaylord du Bois said:
Danamy said:
The players have certainly bought into his philosophy of always playing to score, no signs of shutting the game down and killing time.
It cost us a point Sunday though.

You can look at it which way you like but the game was there to win, we we're finishing the stronger team and just a hopeful punt up field and a fuck up cost us, shit happens.

The way I look at it with that mentality we'll gain more points than lose them, dont you think?

No. Suicidal defending never won any team anything. The top teams close up the shop - take 1 point away from home and move on.

I like things just the way they are. We're seen by media types to be be behind where we were with Mancini but I see exactly the opposite. Champs League ko stage is the measuring stick for me. The league will be close and I can see it being won in the last 2 weeks.

Much improved pressing of the opposition yesterday. Probably the main reason why Norwich were absolutely zero threat - when they had the ball they were pressed hard, so they very quickly lost possession. If you press as well as we did yesterday you CAN afford to defend at a higher line. If you don't, press as well as that you can't successfully defend a higher line. Indeed, the press was so successful that in effect we were playing a 4-1-3-2 formation for most of the game.

That said I need to see that standard of play in away games. So far it hasn't been replicated away from home constantly enough. Even at West Ham there was a 20 minute period in the 2nd half where we sat on our arses and gave them a chance.

southstand117 said:

Pants stays in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.