Discuss Pellegrini (Pt 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
FantasyIreland said:
Pablo1 said:
FantasyIreland said:
Dzeko: "At times, I believe that the coach [Mancini] failed to appreciate me as much as I thought I deserved''

Dzeko: "Pellegrini is good. Personally I am happy with him and, more importantly, all my team-mates are happy as well''

Dzeko: "He [Pellegrini] has restored our confidence and I am sure the next few seasons will be better than the last one''
Bet you enjoyed posting those quotes.
It's a fucking kop out to put all of lasts seasons failures on the toes of Mancini. There are a few players who should be putting last years showing behind them, not keep bringing it up. Dzeko certainly being one.

Of course i enjoyed posting the quotes.It shows everyone pulling in the same direction,that can only be a positive,surely?

Pellegrini is obviously doing a fine job.
Pellegrini will only be doing a fine job when he is winning something.

FantasyIreland said:
Pablo,i know you don't like to hear it......but obviously Mancini didn't get the best out of some of his players as they are clearly happier and more focused under the management of Pellegrini.

Dzeko may be happier but is he playing any better?

FantasyIreland said:
Pablo,i know you don't like to hear it......but obviously Mancini didn't get the best out of some of his players as they are clearly happier and more focused under the management of Pellegrini.

We can debate the rights and wrongs of such player attitude and behaviour,however,the fact remains we are apparently a happier camp this season because we have a manager with superior man management abilities.
It's not about wherever I want to hear it or not, it's wherever I agree with that stance or not. Personally I think one or two need to look at their own door before trying to shift all last seasons failures on Mancini. I wouldn't mind but Dzekos been hit and miss this season as well, who will he blame for that?
I'm enjoying this year enormously, even our poor results away haven't worried me too much as the quality we have was always going to come to the fore.
Just to put this to bed before it turns into another long drawn out argument on Mancini, I think he had to go, we had hit a point last season where some of the players didn't want to play for him anymore and the rest is history.
Pellegrini is doing just fine, and if the players are happier then that's the only important thing. I'm certainly enjoying it more..

moomba said:
FantasyIreland said:

Dzeko may be happier but is he playing any better?

I think he might be,however,i'm still not a big fan.

What's more important is the apparent return of a renewed enthusiasm and a collective morale - you cant buy that......

BobKowalski said:
However the pre-season physical preparation, which got everyone excited on here for reasons which still continue to elude me, are distinct from the mental environment that the man in charge creates. Moyes stepping up the physical training does nothing to give his team the same belief that Taggart gave them. Pellers is a less driven, less obsessive individual than Mancini (or a Benitez or a Mourinho or a Pep) and consequently the team is less driven to go the extra 1 or 2 percent that is the difference between success and failure at the highest level. It is not even a concious thing but you just settle at the level that is expected of you collectively and individually by the man in charge. And with Pellers this level is below what is needed to win trophies consistently.

So Pellers isn't driven? The guy that wants his team to keep playing at the level he wants (and achieved today)isn't driven? The hunger and desire that was shown by the team was in no way inspired by the current manager driving his team to show a merciless winning attitude?

But I guess its not the shitty business end of the season so it's OK for Chelsea to put in a performance their manager didn't like.

OB1 said:
BobKowalski said:
However the pre-season physical preparation, which got everyone excited on here for reasons which still continue to elude me, are distinct from the mental environment that the man in charge creates. Moyes stepping up the physical training does nothing to give his team the same belief that Taggart gave them. Pellers is a less driven, less obsessive individual than Mancini (or a Benitez or a Mourinho or a Pep) and consequently the team is less driven to go the extra 1 or 2 percent that is the difference between success and failure at the highest level. It is not even a concious thing but you just settle at the level that is expected of you collectively and individually by the man in charge. And with Pellers this level is below what is needed to win trophies consistently.

So Pellers isn't driven? The guy that wants his team to keep playing at the level he wants (and achieved today)isn't driven? The hunger and desire that was shown by the team was in no way inspired by the current manager driving his team to show a merciless winning attitude?

But I guess its not the shitty business end of the season so it's OK for Chelsea to put in a performance their manager didn't like.

You won't hear from Bob-loves-Bob for a while, OB1.

Was last seen telling us all how Mourinho has Chelsea as a killing machine and nice old Manuel just runs a Doss house.

Ducado said:
Does there not come a time for us all to move on, and forget old animosity ? We are all City fans after all
It will never stop while you have the same poster daily having digs at the past regime
Then the arguments start
He just won't let it go,bit of a fanny if you ask me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.