Discuss Pellegrini (Pt 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
BLUEMATT23 said:
Realistically what will happen IF this win at home but lose away pattern carries on?.
I'm worried we won't make the top 4 if this carries on, particularly seen as though we have Liverpool, Rags, Arsenal and Tottenham away to come.

Could the hierarchy make a call at Christmas, like Chelsea have done in the past and get rid. If so who would they bring in?.
I wasn't Mancini's greatest fan at times but this would NOT have happened under him.

As it stands we are still only 6 points adrift so its still a bit early. Pellers has to get a grip with the PL his track record is starting to worry me a bit. The Spanish duo also have to take some blame regarding the defence in not strengthening

I was taking my daughter to the airport when they announced five changes to the starting eleven today and she nearly didn't catch her plane such was my surprise at the news. Ok make changes because of injuries but if three players are out due to injury then stop there with the changes and keep as many players in from last week as possible. If there are no injuries then by all means rotate a couple of players but changing half the outfield is asking for trouble which was clear to everyone in that first 45.

Garcia should only ever be played in a home game if he has to play at all and Micah should never play ahead of Zabba in a league game. I read the other week Pellegrini questioning Micah as a centre half and telling him he needs to make the right back place his own but for me he's miles off being anywhere near Zabba and MP should stop fucking around trying to give him the opportunities.

Start your best available 11 for each and every game in my opinion and if somebody gets injured then replace them with their back up and stop making so many changes in one game. Got to be honest and say overall so far I am disappointed in his management but hey ho we're into the last 16 of the Hyperbole that is the Champions League so its all cool.

bobmcfc said:
Are we 8th then ? I'm actually speechless

Six points off top spot - looks like the season is lost then!

My opinion is there is too much squad rotation going on. I would say Pellegrini is doing this to fully assess his playing squad and identify who is and who isn't up to the level required. He can only do this at the beginning of the season and in his first season.

Today, he had his hand forced by a couple of injuries, not sure what else he could have done. The team made enough chances and conceded a goal following a dodgy decision on Milner, but sometimes things don't go for you - Sunderland packed their defence and every rebound went their way.

This is where we'll see how good he and the squad really are.

From Official site:

Manuel Pellegrini says he is stunned that City lost to Sunderland.

Phil Bardsley’s first-half strike gave the Black Cats all three points and condemned the Sky Blues to a fourth away loss of the season – this despite the visitors enjoying two thirds of the possession during the 90 minutes.

“I really can’t believe we lost this match,” said the City boss.

Groundhog day performance followed by Groundhog day response from the manager!

Paulmcfc2703 said:
City points tally after 11 games

13/14 - 19
12/13 - 25
11/12 - 31
10/11 - 20 (already played Spurs, Liverpool, Utd, Arsenal & Chelsea)
09/10 - 20 Hughes sacked for his start to the season
08/09 - 13
07/08 - 22 Under Sven

So there we go. It's our worst start since the season we were taken over. Pellegrini shows he is out of his depth each away game we play

Shocking isn't it

Just look at the next 4 or 5 games - imo MP is standing on the precipice staring bollox down into the abyss- I´ll be amazed frankly if he gets out alive by xmas

Blue Indian said:
I would seriously go all out and get Pochettino in. He has absolutely transformed the way Southampton play. Got them working hard, chasing down the ball, pressing high up, pass and move. Just what we need!!
That's all well and good but I don't think the players we have can do or are prepared to do the things Pochettino has his Southampton team doing....one of the reasons Yaya was allowed to leave Barca was he can't do the high press, he is not mobile enough....

Paulmcfc2703 said:
City points tally after 11 games

13/14 - 19
12/13 - 25
11/12 - 31
10/11 - 20 (already played Spurs, Liverpool, Utd, Arsenal & Chelsea)
09/10 - 20 Hughes sacked for his start to the season
08/09 - 13
07/08 - 22 Under Sven

So there we go. It's our worst start since the season we were taken over. Pellegrini shows he is out of his depth each away game we play

Shocking stats

Cobwebcat said:
2nd best home record.

16th best away record

That's got to be tactical it's not the players

You couldn't be more wrong, i would suggest that means it is the players, as it was last year, you can't sack a squad of players though

We have spent a load of money and are going backwards 7th/8th whatever way you look at it is as bad as it gets really, time for the players to carry the can, the owner has a big decision to make if this carries on

A lot of people at our club are taking the piss out of our owner and not doing their jobs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.