Discuss Pellegrini (Pt 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Clueless manager

crmcfc said:
Could not agree more with the comment. What do you expect when we employ a 60 odd year old who has never won anything and never managed in the premier league, has anyone thought about us not qualifying for CL?

Yes and we won't

de niro said:
Colins Bellend said:
Just back and still angry. Got to say that is the most inept display of management I have seen in a long time , this guy is fucking clueless. Need to score swap a right back ,jimmy out wide right with navas on bench and Garcia in the team. To completely change the back four for a game away from home with great results going into it is beyond belief. 3 hours on a coach and still not calmed down he is fucking useless

I feel for you mate I really do, been there done that. however to be fair to pelli even though i'm fuming he rotated we battered sunderland today, they got lucky. as did Chelsea and villa. the tide will turn I promise you.
When? Time is running out for us to start producing constant performances away from home. 4 defeats out of 6 against (on the whole) mediocre opposition on our travels is not the form of CL qualifiers, let alone title contenders.

Rammy Blue said:
Marvin said:
TGR said:
I genuinely and honestly hope you are right Marvin come May. However I have to say on what we have seen so far away from home and the repeated mistakes I really am starting to lose hope.
I genuinely do hope that you are right and that I am wrong.
What are the repeated mistakes that Pellegrini is making?
I see repeated poor away performances, but I can't link these to Pellegrini selection and tactics. if I could, I'd be critical too

For me, it's a combination of bad luck away from home, and injuries to defensive players.

If we had started the season, and knew that hart and Kompany would be out, I think we could all predict a few away defeats. teams know they can get at us at the moment. Even when Hart was in, he was weak, or presented as weak, and we had to take him out of the firing line as he was getting so much stick in the media

He keeps fucking picking Garcia.

For that alone he needs to be strung up.

People think the criticism of Garcia is unfair (see the five steps to winning the league thread)

He makes the same mistakes again and again. He has turned the best defence in the league into a colander.
He is frankly clueless.
Get rid.

de niro said:
Colins Bellend said:
Just back and still angry. Got to say that is the most inept display of management I have seen in a long time , this guy is fucking clueless. Need to score swap a right back ,jimmy out wide right with navas on bench and Garcia in the team. To completely change the back four for a game away from home with great results going into it is beyond belief. 3 hours on a coach and still not calmed down he is fucking useless

I feel for you mate I really do, been there done that. however to be fair to pelli even though i'm fuming he rotated we battered sunderland today, they got lucky. as did Chelsea and villa. the tide will turn I promise you.
we didn't batter anybody today, Sunderland got the goal and then withdrew to defend their goal, tactics. Villa did get lucky if you mean we handed the game to them on a plate & I`ll promise you we will get worse under this clown of a manager.

Summerbuzz said:
I would have rather rotated a little for norwich or even cska (h) rather than save it all up for this match. maybe he felt norwich was the dress rehearsal for cska, and cska's importance trumped everything.

and something that bothers me oddly - the papers aren't in full 'city in meltdown' mode. that worries me because it suggests that we aren't bothering the rest of the world. they ought to be disgusted, envious, horrified at the unspeakable thought of us running away with the league title for the next few years. they ought to be pouncing on every little crack to persuade themselves and others that it's probably not going to happen. I just think no one is scared, any more.

I said in a previous post he's getting an easy ride from the press in my opinion because we've progressed further in the Champions League. The fuckers are fixated with it and so he's done ok so far. Once we're out of that they'll turn their attention to his league performances and if they continue as they are he'll get a hammering.

As soon as SAFC scored I knew it was going to be a long way back.

I don't think Pellegrini underestimated Sunderland. He's been in football long enough to know that these games can be just as difficult as the games against Chelsea etc. They just present different challenges

I'm am disappointed as any other City fan. I just don't see any positive gain to be had by blaming the manager. Maybe he did plenty wrong, but I didn't see what he did wrong that contributed to the poor performance. I can see City played a bad game. Sometimes these things are out of a manager's control

I know it's not a defence but look at Klopp at Dortmund. His team have just lost at home to Arsenal in the Champions League and this weekend they lost in the Bundesliga too. Is he a bad manager? Is AVB? Is Mourinho?

Ultimately results are the be all and end all. Sadly we have reached the stage in football when a manager has one season. That's ridiculous and little more than a lottery decided on players fitness and referee's eyesight

john blue said:
OBI. HOW MANY SAVES DID THE SUNDERLAND KEEPER MAKE. ?

Not many. Although numerous shots were blocked. We did not hit the target enough, we didn't make enough of the good positions that we had but was that the manager's fault? Dzeko, Aguero and Navas should all have scored, IMO, and didn't.

Now I see people are blaming 4-4-2 for today's defeat. Hmmm, how did that prevent us scoring? Cos it had fuck all to do with the goal we conceded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.