Discuss Pellegrini (Pt 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Discuss Pellegrini (Pt 2)

I thought Pellegrini did really well today but ultimately he will be judged by results not might have beens. He is the manager, a highly paid one, and he is paid to win things. If I'm being harsh then you could say that Guadiola has already improved Bayern despite them being the best team in Europe already. Pellegrini has not improved City just got us to attack more. The attacking tactics has shown up the weaknesses of some of our defenders. That needs to be addressed as quite frankly every team we play gets good chances.

Managers are hired, fired and judged on results regardless if the players make individual mistakes and so he must as well,especially as he was handed the best squad,best defence and goalkeeper with the golden glove again.imo it was wrong to push ahead with so many tactical changes whilst vinnie was out and we are seeing the results.still has along way to go to convince me he is the right man for this job

Matt the Giant said:
It strange... I was thrilled to see him as our new manager, please with the way he conducts himself and how the players are adapting to a new style and philosophy.
Over all I think we play very very well, but... we now have 16 points from a possibly 27, and it seems to me a lot of those drops points are due to individual mistakes.
That's not acceptable, and could prove to be very costly in the end.

But I still feel will will make the top three, and we will progress through the group stage in the CL. If we do that, I'd still be content, but would expect far more from Manuel the next season.

So a £100m investment in the team and 3rd in the league then get dumped out of the CL as soon as we meet a half decent team is progress? I think not.
A small few on here would like you to think it is - but it isn't. Don't be fooled.

Wretched Vengeance said:
Take away all the individual mistakes, and there have been many, too fucking many and Manuel and City are flying high.

But that's like saying we are doing everything right except winning - it's the winning that gets us the points though.

There seem to be some view on BM that we are the best team in the league and that united are utter crap (I don't think either is true atm !) but if that is true it would meet that Pelli (with the best team) has done only 2 points better than wee Davey (with the crap team)

Individual mistakes or not - Pelli has to sort them out as so far the only team we have beaten away in the league is the powerhouse that is West Ham. We ate 7th and the scum are 8th - he needs to sort this out.

dave bacuzzi said:
The guy is too old, with no experience of this league. Everton got the best man and we gave away a gem!

His age and experience probably made him the perfect candidate to see over a transition of the club/squad/philosophy... paving the way for Pep. :D<br /><br />-- Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:17 pm --<br /><br />
TGR said:
Matt the Giant said:
It strange... I was thrilled to see him as our new manager, please with the way he conducts himself and how the players are adapting to a new style and philosophy.
Over all I think we play very very well, but... we now have 16 points from a possibly 27, and it seems to me a lot of those drops points are due to individual mistakes.
That's not acceptable, and could prove to be very costly in the end.

But I still feel will will make the top three, and we will progress through the group stage in the CL. If we do that, I'd still be content, but would expect far more from Manuel the next season.

So a £100m investment in the team and 3rd in the league then get dumped out of the CL as soon as we meet a half decent team is progress? I think not.
A small few on here would like you to think it is - but it isn't. Don't be fooled.

So what do you reckon the board demands (at least) from Manuel this season?

Everyone going on Pelegrini got it right today regarding team and formation, don't care what formation we have we don't defend as a team Chelsea will win trophies this season we won't win nothing with this manager unless he gets us defending as a team as we attack as a team at the moment which is pretty good to be fair..

As frustrating as it is, I think I'd rather be dropping points due to stupid mistakes than due to us being outplayed: it means that what's needed isn't wholsesale change, just a matter of concentration.

Marvin said:
A 5 year-old could work out why we've conceded stupid goals and it's got nothing to do with Pellegrini

Hopefully Pellegrini is man enough to know that it is his responsibility. I don't think the manager saying "I told them to go out and win and not make any mistakes" would wash. Do you?

Danielmanc said:
Wretched Vengeance said:
Take away all the individual mistakes, and there have been many, too fucking many and Manuel and City are flying high.

But that's like saying we are doing everything right except winning - it's the winning that gets us the points though.

There seem to be some view on BM that we are the best team in the league and that united are utter crap (I don't think either is true atm !) but if that is true it would meet that Pelli (with the best team) has done only 2 points better than wee Davey (with the crap team)

Individual mistakes or not - Pelli has to sort them out as so far the only team we have beaten away in the league is the powerhouse that is West Ham. We ate 7th and the scum are 8th - he needs to sort this out.

I understand ya, but Manauel got it right today.How can you legislate for the error today and the ones at Villa? Absolutely appaling indivudual mistakes, and ones we probably shouldn't be making; well, not over and over again.

I am, however, none too pleased with his substitutions. I think he could make better use in that area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.