Discuss Pellegrini (Pt 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dress it up any way you want, our away form is shite & he has been backed more than virtually any manager ever. It's not good enough to lose as many away games as we have already.

Re: Clueless manager

baildon blue said:
I have to say the body language Pellergrini portrayed today was clueless . He looked like he couldn't give a shit . What does that tell the team , are well we don't have to try . Only good thing for me today was not going to Sunderland and seeing that pile of shit . Bloody hell, even Sparky won at Sunderland in one of his rare away wins .

SalfordCityBlue said:
There's no way Pellegrini's getting sacked IMO - he will see out his contract, regardless of what happens (barring a complete results holocaust). Ferran and Txiki went out on a limb to bring him in, and he will be given every possible opportunity to succeed...

We all hope he does.

They need to pray that results at home don't suffer as they are keeping the crowd doped up at the moment. If we start to lose at home as well things could get sticky fast, and the Mancini stuff will rise to the surface again.

Would love to know what Khaldoon is thinking at this point.

That's the worst part. The Spanish duo will never sack him midway through the season as they look like a bunch of cunts. So we are stuck watching these car crash of away performances risking our top 4 place just so they save face.

wireblue said:
Marvin said:
wireblue said:
The decision to play a two man midfield of garcia and yaya worries me. Fernandinho was a big blow but there were other solutions.
That was an awful, awful decision
And the alternative was what? Rodwell? Maybe, but he's scarcely played

Considering there was no silva I would have bitten the bullet and played three in midfield - milner and garcia and pushed yaya on. If that means dropping negredo then so be it.
It's not ideal and it shows how badly short we are when we get one injury - fernandinho.
We were between a rock and a hard place to an extent but a two man midfield of yaya and garcia was a disaster waiting to happen.
There's no point having negredo and aguero up front if you get outrun in midfield and they're starved of service

I honestly said this was going to happen as soon as I saw the team sheet; not because I know shit loads about football but because I've watched Garcia in the middle for us before and this is what happens. We should have played one up front and then brought on a striker later on, depending how the game was panning out.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
If some are now suggesting messrs Moyes, Rodgers, AVB, Pochetino are better than Pellegrini, then where to begin?

This title race is WIDE open, adding to the hysteria and frustrations, as we are using previous campaigns as the barometer.

Come the end of December, we will be in that top three and right in the mix.

Thankfully, the transfer window will be open and we'll be busier than most, getting rid of the deadwood frauds who have stolen a living for too long.

Pellegrini will get what he wants after qualifying for next stage of Champs League.

Do think he and we would have been better served keeping Barry for his final year.

Dzeko, Richards, Lescott, Milner, Hart, Kolarov, Garcia, all on borrowed time.

We will be champions.
And what happens if the players he wants aren't available,january window usually isn't that great for top signings....

Re: Clueless manager

As soon as I seen the line up today I feared the worst and that's been honest. The back line is just a total and utter shambles you wouldn't see worse on a Sunday morning from a pub team, All it takes is a long hoof up top and we do be at 6's and 7's, Even if we score 2 or 3 in a game away from home we still wouldn't be guaranteed to get a result with the way we defend. With Kompany and Nastasic missing I can understand why we had to play Demicheles and Lescott, But why on earth drop Pablo Zabaleta (Supposedly rested) which I can't understand. There is so many players on our books that I would love to see been shipped out too many players in that team today who are simply not good enough and will cost us points.

Rammy Blue said:
Cheesy said:
Stoned Rose said:
The loss today wasn't down to MPs selection, formation, tactics or underwear choice.

That team he put out today was more than capable of demolishing the 2nd Shittest team in this division.

You can skrike all you want and blame this that and the other but the reason for today's shit performance and shit result was that the players didn't put a shift in and didn't show 10% of the required level of desire and energy.

No ifs no buts. Simple as that.

So when the players don't put a shift in and don't show 10% of the required level of desire and energy on a regular basis, would you not say there's a bit of a pattern developing?

And if there is a pattern developing, who's job is it to ensure that the players do put in the effort required?

It was a poor post from Stoned Rose, not really worthy of being debated. Of course the desire levels were abysmal but that still lands at the door of the manager as much as the players.

It wasn't a 'poor post' ram.

The losses against Chelsea , villa and cardiff were due to errors for their goals. This has been debated to death but most of us pretty much agree on it.

Today's goal shouldn't have been allowed and wasn't a mistake it was a fucking foul.

The 3 games above were not down to lack of effort or energy or determination .

Today clearly was. If you can't see that your entitled to your opinion but you're wrong.

Perspective - Sunderland had 4 points from 30 and had conceded the most goals in the division. They are WANK. The team we put out today - every single one of them were internationals most of which have CL level experience. They were very very capable of beating a collection of premier league journeymen and lads from lower divisions who got lucky.

We can't be blaming this on not having this player or that player or the manager .

Our application was woeful. There were no glaring mistakes no howlers no fuck ups. We just didn't have enough desire to get the points.

We saw this under RM and it has now resurfaced under MP.

The only 'pattern' I see here is the fucking players.

We aren't good enough away from home, we do only have 13-14 players in the squad who are good enough to win the league, the other squad players are very poor and actually have got worse over the past couple of years. This isn't a Mancini v's Pellegrini situation, so please stop bringing up Mancini, he's gone.

The "holistic" approach is right for the club but mistakes have been made all along since the takeover. We will get some bad results, and our owner will keep pushing the club forward. We are the richest club in the world, and have moved forward a long way in a short time. We need to bring in players from the Academy but to date we don't have any who are good enough. Further down the line we currently have some very good teams of English players.

Pellegrini is also making mistakes but he is correcting them and getting a clearer idea of those who's futures are in doubt for the next two windows. I also agree with the doubters that if we fail to claim a top four place then this will affect our recruitment process for the next summer window.

Starting with 3 changes in defence was a mistake and Yaya isn't captain material. I also agree that the Yaya/Garcia midfield is a bad idea and if we had to go that way then play one up front to pad out the midfield.

We can't keep losing or even drawing with these weaker teams in the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.