Discuss Pellegrini (Pt 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Marvin said:
wireblue said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
And therein lies the problem.

Just as Mancini also identified, but had thrown £250m at it.

Pellegrini had few options outside of the personnel available to him today.

I'm shocked blues are surprised we seem to struggle when Kompany, Silva and Fernandinho are not in the team.

Each has a pivotal role. Outside of 12-13 players, the quality is shite.

The decision to play a two man midfield of garcia and yaya worries me. Fernandinho was a big blow but there were other solutions.
That was an awful, awful decision
And the alternative was what? Rodwell? Maybe, but he's scarcely played
Jimmy, where he's best.

Re: Clueless manager

The good thing about the Manchester city owners is that they dont want their club to become a circus like plastic chelsea, You cant be sacking managers every 11 games!!!! . Ofcourse people who pay their money have the right to complain, but it doesnt say "win guaranteed" on your ticket so there is a chance that football disappoints you sometimes,

Tolmie -pellets had the options available. Why does he keep playing Garcia, anyone who watches him week in can see he his useless in this league. Garcia and yaya (lazy git) do not work hard enough to be played together in midfield.

He should have started with the team that started the second half but with zab at full back. If you have to change the CBS because of injuries then why change the right fb as well?

Pellers is getting so many things wrong tactically it's frightening.

Colins Bellend said:
Just back and still angry. Got to say that is the most inept display of management I have seen in a long time , this guy is fucking clueless. Need to score swap a right back ,jimmy out wide right with navas on bench and Garcia in the team. To completely change the back four for a game away from home with great results going into it is beyond belief. 3 hours on a coach and still not calmed down he is fucking useless
Got back about two hours ago and I've still got steam coming out of my ears. An absolutely shite performance even allowing for Dean's blindness. They may have been two crucial fuck ups but I doubt whether either could explain our inability to score against the worst defence in the Premier League.
But you are loyal if you wake up five minutes before kick-off, watch the game on couch or in the pub, accept all the bullshit spouted by the manager and then spend your evening typing crap.

Blue2112 said:
OB1 said:
Bluescholar said:
They sound like winning tactics, the 'wide open spaces' tactics currently deployed away don't.
Forget pretty when struggling and dig in. Can we do this? Is it holistic enough ;-)

Wasn't going to post again tonight but couldn't resist a response here. Maybe City do offer wide open spaces but fact is that there has been less play in City's half of the pitch so far this season and City have conceded less shots than any other team. We've had more possession than any other team and have better pass completion. We've scored more and are running second on shots and shots on target. Pellegrini is not doing much wrong and we are a bit a fine tuning and a bit of luck away from good away results.

I'm not a stats person one single bit but I thought this the other day whilst driving around that why the fuck for too long now do teams manage one shot and score one goal or in Villas case three shots for three goals yet we seem to have an unhealthy amount of shots to goals ratio in comparison. It can't just be down to luck as this has been going on for years. Go as far back as Middlesbrough beating us 1-0 without even having a single shot yet we gifted them an own goal. QPR in the title clincher two shots two goals. It cannot just be down to bad luck. I'm now thinking that for all their dominance did Bayern really make Hart make any other saves apart from the three goals?
The end bit is exactly what I've been saying since the Bayern game. They didn't exactly open us up ever really, teams just seem to be so clinical against us.

I have to say the body language Pellergrini portrayed today was clueless . He looked like he couldn't give a shit . What does that tell the team , are well we don't have to try . Only good thing for me today was not going to Sunderland and seeing that pile of shit . Bloody hell, even Sparky won at Sunderland in of his rare away wins .

jimharri said:
wythenshaweblue£££ said:
The team tactics were a bit dodgy today to start Garcia I don't know but to say he's clueless is a bit harsh. I believe we will come good in every way the team and the manager and pellegrini won't be happy with today's result. Back the manager it's been a crazy season so far.
I'm pretty sure that similar sentiments would have been expressed after the Cardiff game.
And after Stoke, and after Villa.

pudge said:
Marvin said:
wireblue said:
The decision to play a two man midfield of garcia and yaya worries me. Fernandinho was a big blow but there were other solutions.
Jimmy, where he's best.

Or play five in the middle and one up top; possibly Nasri between YaYa and Garcia (if he had to play) with Milner and Navas out wide. At least we would have had more chance of controlling the middle of the park.

There's no way Pellegrini's getting sacked IMO - he will see out his contract, regardless of what happens (barring a complete results holocaust). Ferran and Txiki went out on a limb to bring him in, and he will be given every possible opportunity to succeed...

We all hope he does.

They need to pray that results at home don't suffer as they are keeping the crowd doped up at the moment. If we start to lose at home as well things could get sticky fast, and the Mancini stuff will rise to the surface again.

Would love to know what Khaldoon is thinking at this point.

Marvin said:
wireblue said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
And therein lies the problem.

Just as Mancini also identified, but had thrown £250m at it.

Pellegrini had few options outside of the personnel available to him today.

I'm shocked blues are surprised we seem to struggle when Kompany, Silva and Fernandinho are not in the team.

Each has a pivotal role. Outside of 12-13 players, the quality is shite.

Considering there was no silva I would have bitten the bullet and played three in midfield - milner and garcia and pushed yaya on. If that means dropping negredo then so be it.
It's not ideal and it shows how badly short we are when we get one injury - fernandinho.
We were between a rock and a hard place to an extent but a two man midfield of yaya and garcia was a disaster waiting to happen.
There's no point having negredo and aguero up front if you get outrun in midfield and they're starved of service

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.