Discuss Pellegrini (Pt 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Clueless manager

Manager deserves the sack with our away form this season. Pains me to say but true.

robbieh said:
I realise english players are generally crap but if we get rid of four don't we need to buy four more as we have to have 8 home growns.

No we don't... we just can't name more than 17 non-home grown players, so say we did only have 4 HG players, we'd submit a 21-man squad which isn't that unusual (quite a few submit squads with less than 25 names). The way around that is to stock up on excellent young players since under-21s like Nastasic don't count on the 25-man squad list. Guidetti, Lopes wouldn't have to be registered but by the time they do (Guidetti next year, Lopes in 4 years), both will be counted as homegrown anyway.

Shocking, shocking away form would suggest he doesn't quite 'get' the Premiership or how to battle it out in away games. I knew we'd struggle as soon as I saw our lineup today. Pellegrini just a massive gamble, and it looks like it might backfire, he doesn't understand the premiership. In particular we seem to play shit every time Javi garcia and Kolarov play in the same team,

Yaya was also an embarassment today. Imagine someone like Vieira in his prime playing like yaya did today? Nope, he'd have got that midfield by the scruff of the neck and affected the game. We just haven't got enough spirit within the squad, or enough players who can really grind it out when the going gets tough.

Yaya goes home now, and goes oh well, £220k a week, he will sleep well tonight, it just doesn't seem to hurt them enough, there is not enough passion or depth of feeling from the players towards the club. Time for a rethink about how we build for the future methinks, look at what Rodgers is creating at Liverpool with less money but more focus on the group collective and team spirit. We've built our team on greedy players who just can't be arsed for games like today.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
andypandy said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Sober as a judge!

Will bookmark this all the same ;)

Of the 7 players above who are all on borrowed time, Pellegrini chose to play 6 of them?

And therein lies the problem.

Just as Mancini also identified, but had thrown £250m at it.

Pellegrini had few options outside of the personnel available to him today.

I'm shocked blues are surprised we seem to struggle when Kompany, Silva and Fernandinho are not in the team.

Each has a pivotal role. Outside of 12-13 players, the quality is shite.

The decision to play a two man midfield of garcia and yaya worries me. Fernandinho was a big blow but there were other solutions.
That was an awful, awful decision

The team tactics were a bit dodgy today to start Garcia I don't know but to say he's clueless is a bit harsh. I believe we will come good in every way the team and the manager and pellegrini won't be happy with today's result. Back the manager it's been a crazy season so far.

wireblue said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
andypandy said:
Of the 7 players above who are all on borrowed time, Pellegrini chose to play 6 of them?

And therein lies the problem.

Just as Mancini also identified, but had thrown £250m at it.

Pellegrini had few options outside of the personnel available to him today.

I'm shocked blues are surprised we seem to struggle when Kompany, Silva and Fernandinho are not in the team.

Each has a pivotal role. Outside of 12-13 players, the quality is shite.

The decision to play a two man midfield of garcia and yaya worries me. Fernandinho was a big blow but there were other solutions.
That was an awful, awful decision
And the alternative was what? Rodwell? Maybe, but he's scarcely played

LoveCity said:
robbieh said:
I realise english players are generally crap but if we get rid of four don't we need to buy four more as we have to have 8 home growns.

No we don't... we just can't name more than 17 non-home grown players, so say we did only have 4 HG players, we'd submit a 21-man squad which isn't that unusual (quite a few submit squads with less than 25 names). The way around that is to stock up on excellent young players since under-21s like Nastasic don't count on the 25-man squad list. Guidetti, Lopes wouldn't have to be registered but by the time they do (Guidetti next year, Lopes in 4 years), both will be counted as homegrown anyway.

Cheers for clearing that up for me. The last thing we need to be doing is overpaying for english players.

wythenshaweblue£££ said:
The team tactics were a bit dodgy today to start Garcia I don't know but to say he's clueless is a bit harsh. I believe we will come good in every way the team and the manager and pellegrini won't be happy with today's result. Back the manager it's been a crazy season so far.
I'm pretty sure that similar sentiments would have been expressed after the Cardiff game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.