Discuss Pellegrini (Pt 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
gmckennasell said:
bennyboy said:
gmckennasell said:
Pellegrini is not the problem , its our superstars who cant follow simple instructions and stop making diabolical mistakes .
Pellegrini is always the problem as long as Garcia starts.This is the manager that let Barry go and kept Garcia.
Richards starting today another stupid decision.
We had a manager that won things,now we have a nobody who is nice to the players but has won feck all.

agree with richards , but i dont think garcia put a foot wrong today , yaya was the problem he did absolutely nothing , and aguero missed a couple of chances he would normally stick away , a very fine line between tactical genius and being a turnip for a manager.
Agree Garcia was not the problem today but letting Barry go and keeping Garcia was the first major decision he got wrong.

Re: Clueless manager

MeatnSpudsMCFC said:
I think Pellegrini is more of a pushover than being tactically inept.

If we played like that today under Mancini. Bobby would be going f*cking beserk on the touchline and then later call out the culprits in a press conference to the entire world. Khaldoon and the board are now in no position to complain, they wanted a boss to get on well with the players... and there seems to be a pattern with everywhere Pellegrini goes. A well respected manager where no one has a bad word to say about him. Sounds very Hughes/Redknapp like... you know why players kiss their ass? Because they're all pushovers who won't call out their own players when they turn in half-arsed performances.

Look at the long list of enemies Ferguson made, you only have to look at the extracts from his book to get an idea of what he was like, almost a dictator at Yoonited... bullied his way around the rags for over a decade, yet it got the results. And Mancini adopted the same philosophy, not here to make friends, but get results. And before last season even kicked off, he was undermined by the board and they had gone with players before the manager. The transfer window was a good indication of what was to come...

Aguero, Nasri, Clichy, Boateng, Silva, Toure, Kolarov, Milner, Balotelli, Dzeko etc. ambitious transfer targets in comparison to the 2012/13 season of:

Garcia, Maicon, Sinclair, Rodwell.

It's no secret, the best managers in football history make enemies, not friends. Tevez and Mancini, a huge dislike for each other... yet when they just got on with it, Tevez returned and immediately we got our finger out and closed that 8 pt gap to clinch the title. He also practically dragged us into the CL on his own. Same with Guardiola and Messi at Barcelona... neither got on well, but Messi played his best football under him. When Mancini was sacked and the club put out that statement about the holistic approach bollocks, my old man even said to me that it's going to be all backwards from here. If you want to make friends and have fun fun f*cking fun, just hire Redknapp and be done with it. Rinus Michels, widely known that he was a ruthless c*nt... a c*nt that got results is also regarded as the greatest manager of all time. Pellegrini has simply got to grow some balls, even with Joe Hart, backing a player and kissing his ass never works... can't help but feel the club are trying to please the media rather than put the club itself first. They like managers like Redknapp, managers who will kiss English footballs backside but go out and lose on a weekly basis. Ferguson had a habit of banning them... Pellegrini simply needs to be more demanding and aggresive, it looks as if he has the respect but no authority. And there's a difference there.

Sorry this is just nonsense. The first lesson of leadership is you criticize in private and you praise in public. Dressing someone down to the media creates nothing. It just destroys a player and you will never have his confidence again. Did you ever hear Alex Ferguson lambasting his players in public? Or Bill Shankley? Or Bob Paisley?

Yes City won the title in 2011/12 from 8pts behind and yes it was magnificent, but it was something of a freak. Who could expect Wigan to beat Man Utd and Everton to score 2 in the last 10 minutes at Old Trafford? How about the abjectly awful performances in 2 years of CL?

Clubs need continuity. It's way too early to pass any meaningful judgment on Pellegrini. Aside from his weird obsession with Garcia, I don't think his selections or tactics have been that bad. He has chopped and changed the defence around, but there have been an unusual number of injuries and those entrusted have made serious mistakes.

The critiques on this forum are not at all consistent. Clichy has been poor this season. After his penalty gaffe in midweek, most labelled Kolarov as our best left back. Yet today, Pellegrini is criticized for changing the left back. And slated for not picking enough English players. Goes with Richards and Lescott today, yet still cops it here. I'm sure if Pellegrini had kept the same back 4 (injuries aside) all season, he would be slammed for showing blind faith and favoritism.

I am as dismayed as everyone else with today's performance and the other f**k-ups at Cardiff, Stoke and Villa. But I'm not jumping out of the window. Nobody is setting the world alight and we are 6pts off the pace in November. There is still time to right the ship and if they do, I'm sure the same fair weather fans will be wanting a knighthood for Manuel.

bennyboy said:
gmckennasell said:
bennyboy said:
Pellegrini is always the problem as long as Garcia starts.This is the manager that let Barry go and kept Garcia.
We had a manager that won things,now we have a nobody who is nice to the players but has won feck all.

agree with richards , but i dont think garcia put a foot wrong today , yaya was the problem he did absolutely nothing , and aguero missed a couple of chances he would normally stick away , a very fine line between tactical genius and being a turnip for a manager.
Agree Garcia was not the problem today but letting Barry go and keeping Garcia was the first major decision he got wrong.

cant understand why we let barry go , he was worth another season , my neighbour is a bluenose season ticket holder , and barry has been the main man in every game they have played , he commented on barry's reading of the game , the best he has seen since howard kendall apparently.

gmckennasell said:
bennyboy said:
gmckennasell said:

cant understand why we let barry go , he was worth another season , my neighbour is a bluenose season ticket holder , and barry has been the main man in every game they have played , he commented on barry's reading of the game , the best he has seen since howard kendall apparently.
He is way too slow and could have been sent off 2-3 times already

One thing playing for EFC another for MCFC who are expected to win every game<br /><br />-- Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:45 am --<br /><br />
deano ou812 said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
If some are now suggesting messrs Moyes, Rodgers, AVB, Pochetino are better than Pellegrini, then where to begin?

This title race is WIDE open, adding to the hysteria and frustrations, as we are using previous campaigns as the barometer.

Come the end of December, we will be in that top three and right in the mix.

Thankfully, the transfer window will be open and we'll be busier than most, getting rid of the deadwood frauds who have stolen a living for too long.

Pellegrini will get what he wants after qualifying for next stage of Champs League.

Do think he and we would have been better served keeping Barry for his final year.

Dzeko, Richards, Lescott, Milner, Hart, Kolarov, Garcia, all on borrowed time.

We will be champions.
And what happens if the players he wants aren't available,january window usually isn't that great for top signings....
I hope we're not going to get a campaign against Richards, Hart, Milner etc

It's not clever undermining your own players

argyle said:
bennyboy said:
gmckennasell said:
Pellegrini is not the problem , its our superstars who cant follow simple instructions and stop making diabolical mistakes .

Mancini was also the guy that sanctioned the buying of Garcia. You seem to have left that bit out.

Yeah but it was like a kid asking for a Schwinn bicycle all year and then on Christmas day it never comes because his parents don't have the money and he's devastated so his they try to take him to the store the day after Christmas to try and make up for it and in a mix a sadness and anger he just wipes away the tears, stays within the budget and picks some shite scooter. The kid needs a way to get to school, and he has been kind of a tw*t, but he can't exactly be blamed fully for the scooter having squeaky wheels. He knew the bike would've gotten him there safely and in style.

So yeah, Garcia was available and appeared serviceable, but is far from what I would consider "Mancini's guy".

horrific metaphor over!

chicagoblues said:
Pelle seems like a nice guy but that about it .......we need a manager who is superior in tactics then him.

I don't care whether it's Sunderland or not, away from home in the Premiership is tough when you don't get the breaks from the refs and you are missing players like Hart, Kompany, Nasty and Silva. Ideally Jovetic and Dzeko would have started today too

green pennies said:
argyle said:
bennyboy said:

Mancini was also the guy that sanctioned the buying of Garcia. You seem to have left that bit out.

Yeah but it was like a kid asking for a Schwinn bicycle all year and then on Christmas day it never comes because his parents don't have the money and he's devastated so his they try to take him to the store the day after Christmas to try and make up for it and in a mix a sadness and anger he just wipes away the tears, stays within the budget and picks some shite scooter. The kid needs a way to get to school, and he has been kind of a tw*t, but he can't exactly be blamed fully for the scooter having squeaky wheels. He knew the bike would've gotten him there safely and in style.

So yeah, Garcia was available and appeared serviceable, but is far from what I would consider "Mancini's guy".

horrific metaphor over!

Not quite holistic :).

Marvin said:
chicagoblues said:
Pelle seems like a nice guy but that about it .......we need a manager who is superior in tactics then him.

I don't care whether it's Sunderland or not, away from home in the Premiership is tough when you don't get the breaks from the refs and you are missing players like Hart, Kompany, Nasty and Silva. Ideally Jovetic and Dzeko would have started today too
You can't really use Joe in your list to be fair.

Marvin said:
chicagoblues said:

Exactly...we need a manager who can cope with injuries and still manage a better result with the squad we have now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.