Discuss Pellegrini (Pt 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
jimbopm said:
Mistakes, Injuries, Bad refereeing decisions. 3 reasons why our away form has been bad, nothing more, nothing less.

With the exception of the Stoke game which I haven't seen due to it being my wedding day, you can attribute all of our defeats to one or more of the above factors.

Cardiff - Mistakes
Villa - Mistakes, Bad Refereeing decision (offside second goal IIRC)
Chelsea - Mistakes, Bad Refereeing, (Webb was terrible)
Sunderland - All 3 (Larsson should have seen Red, goal was obviously a mistake, and Injuries stacked up yesterday)
Pelligrini certainly doesnt put any referees under pressure to give decisions in our favour, (like Ferguson and Mourinho). I am not condoning bullying and disrespect, but I feel officials are under no pressure get decisions right with our manager.
Even when repeated poor decisions have changed results against us.
IMO Laudrup struck a good balance this weekend mentioning the officials bad decision but keeping due respect.
I also find it very surprising to hear from Pelligini that he feels we dont need to change anything despite 4 PL defeats so far.

Re: Clueless manager

Ducado said:
kippax81 said:
Norman kneejerk said:
A lot of fair questions here and I'm kindda worried too at some of these things.

A question I would have is when Sunderland were hanging on with all the team defending why we only had about 2-3 men in the box and the rest outside, just statistically not enough to get through against 8 or 9. I have noticed when the reds chase a game near fergie time they will have 3 along the 6 yard box, 2 behind and 1 near the edge of the box to get after the cross coming in and often scramble one in.

was a bit strange MP said after cant understand how we didn't score but we were so out numbered in the box and instead just passed it around the edge.

Another worrying trait for me is our lack of any aptitude at corners. Statistically we have got to be the worst in the country. Out of 14 yesterday I think only 2 beat the front post area and that was because Kolarov knocked it nigh on 20 yards too long. Another question is why oh why do we always seem to take outswinging corners?

Where are thease statistics?

Why does this thread deserve to be stand on its own when there is already a Pellegrini thread?

Colins Bellend said:
Getting even more wound up now with this Fukin Champs League this and Champs Knockout that. Personally I couldnt give a fuck about CL the Premier League is the competition we were in on Sunday getting beat by one of the bottom 3 again, thats the cold truth of it
The club is more holistic now.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Pellegrini really is getting a seriously raw deal from some on here.

I've seen 'clueless', 'clown', 'yes man', that's more character assassination than managerial critique?

A guy who flew home to Chile to attend the funeral of his mother and flew back straight away for a meaningless friendly in the Far East.

I don't think anyone should be any doubt over his commitment to get it right. Question the ability to get it right, sure, but a lot of the comments still seem rooted in resentment rather than rationale?

We are also being let down by long-term offenders that even Mancini could not bring into line.

When people start using terms like clueless about this manager, you know that it tells you more about the poster than Pellegrini.

BillyShears said:
Cheesy said:
At the risk of being battered on here, & with none of those available I'd have preferred us to go for Rafa :-O

Now let me preface this by saying that I rate Rafa very highly, and have done since long before the football hipsters cottoned on to how good a coach he was. The problem with him getting the City job, and it's a wider and more relevant discussion than most people realise, is what did the owners want?

Broadly speaking when you look across the top coaches in Europe you have two kinds ... you have those who don't believe in playing percentages and play every game from minute one to minute 90 in pretty much the same attacking way (Pep, Klopp, Pellegrini), and you have those who are more pragmatic for want of a better word (Benitez, Mancini, Mourinho).

Strikes me that the owners made a conscious decision to employ Txiki and Ferran which means that they wanted a certain attacking philosophy. This obviously has meant a change in emphasis from when Mancini was in charge and yes it's meant we are more open. But what can you do when it's the choice the owners made? If they wanted that kind of coach, Pellegrini was the best available on the market this summer. Klopp has all but said City tried to get him. Pep was already in Munich. When you look at who the rags ended up with, who PSG ended up with, I'm very happy we got Pellegrini. But then I rate the guy and believe he'll be a success.

The problem is that the one that the rags ended up with is above us in the league (with an arguably poorer team) which has got to be a problem for Pellegrini. Can this be turned around ? I hope so and I believe so. There's no point in pretending though that overall 8th place is a poor start. Our get out of jail card lies in the fact that no one else is running away with the league - that's good luck on our part.

MP only took Garcia off at half time because he was injured. Had he not been i would hazard a guess that he would have stayed on the pitch. MP needs to have a serious look at how he sets the team up. He has suggested that we will play the same style whether at home or away. Clearly its not working, pick your best team to beat your opponent, SAF did it and he didn't do too bad, its not rocket science.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Pellegrini really is getting a seriously raw deal from some on here.

I've seen 'clueless', 'clown', 'yes man', that's more character assassination than managerial critique?

A guy who flew home to Chile to attend the funeral of his mother and flew back straight away for a meaningless friendly in the Far East.

I don't think anyone should be any doubt over his commitment to get it right. Question the ability to get it right, sure, but a lot of the comments still seem rooted in resentment rather than rationale?

We are also being let down by long-term offenders that even Mancini could not bring into line.

Tolm - a lot of is is frustration at what happened to Mancini and there are some who just can't get over it and will deliver as much senseless abuse in MP's direction - some can't move on, but comparisons are going to be made as he was reasonably successful.

The issue here is - are the board going to back MP into making the changes required to get the results. If this form continues, sooner or later players will start to have doubts. My biggest concern is the reliant on certain players. Mancini had go to men in the team and it is looking that way for MP -

MP needs time, but there are some bad apples that need to be shifted, unfortunately their attitude has not improved even with a change of management - we have Southampton and WBA away coming up and both teams are flying - a rocket needs to be delivered up the arses of the players. Be it from MP and even sanction Khaldoon to come down hard.

Danielmanc said:
BillyShears said:
Cheesy said:
At the risk of being battered on here, & with none of those available I'd have preferred us to go for Rafa :-O

Now let me preface this by saying that I rate Rafa very highly, and have done since long before the football hipsters cottoned on to how good a coach he was. The problem with him getting the City job, and it's a wider and more relevant discussion than most people realise, is what did the owners want?

Broadly speaking when you look across the top coaches in Europe you have two kinds ... you have those who don't believe in playing percentages and play every game from minute one to minute 90 in pretty much the same attacking way (Pep, Klopp, Pellegrini), and you have those who are more pragmatic for want of a better word (Benitez, Mancini, Mourinho).

Strikes me that the owners made a conscious decision to employ Txiki and Ferran which means that they wanted a certain attacking philosophy. This obviously has meant a change in emphasis from when Mancini was in charge and yes it's meant we are more open. But what can you do when it's the choice the owners made? If they wanted that kind of coach, Pellegrini was the best available on the market this summer. Klopp has all but said City tried to get him. Pep was already in Munich. When you look at who the rags ended up with, who PSG ended up with, I'm very happy we got Pellegrini. But then I rate the guy and believe he'll be a success.

The problem is that the one that the rags ended up with is above us in the league (with an arguably poorer team) which has got to be a problem for Pellegrini. Can this be turned around ? I hope so and I believe so. There's no point in pretending though that overall 8th place is a poor start. Our get out of jail card lies in the fact that no one else is running away with the league - that's good luck on our part.

I don't think you can call it good luck, more a total reality of the entire league this season.

Everton have lost just once this season, to ourselves. We have lost four and sit one point behind them. There has to be a correlation between some of our results and the fact United and Chelsea have also experienced poor results against teams previously considered cannon-fodder?

One team won the league by 12 points last year, the other, another European trophy, having recruited top players the previous summer, and who also spent an additional £60m this time around, with Mourinho at the helm.

All three teams changed manager, so allowances have obviously been made.

Moyes and Mourinho have vast experience of the English league, yet plenty don't wish to afford Pellegrini any type of slack whatsoever after 11 games, sitting a couple of points behind both.

So we lost to Sunderland (again) having battered them (again). All it shows is not only how important Silva is to us, but how much we missed Fernandinhio and that Garcia is just not good enough. Every team will miss players of this calibre.

Last week Pellers was rapidly becoming a GOD! Now it's sack the c***! Is he flavour of the week again if we bash Spurs?

FFS. Sunderland are hugely improved under Poyet and still in the Cinderalla 'new manager' phase. Other teams will drop points there. SHIT HAPPENS!
We learn, move on and support the team just like we did when we thrashed the Rags, Norwich and CSKA. We WILL turn our away form around.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Danielmanc said:
BillyShears said:

I don't think you can call it good luck, more a total reality of the entire league this season.

Everton have lost just once this season, to ourselves. We have lost four and sit one point behind them. There has to be a correlation between some of our results and the fact United and Chelsea have also experienced poor results against teams previously considered cannon-fodder?

One team won the league by 12 points last year, the other, another European trophy, having recruited top players the previous summer, and who also spent an additional £60m this time around, with Mourinho at the helm.

All three teams changed manager, so allowances have obviously been made.

Moyes and Mourinho have vast experience of the English league, yet plenty don't wish to afford Pellegrini any type of slack whatsoever after 11 games, sitting a couple of points behind both.

Fair comment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.