Discuss Pellegrini (Pt 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you feel strongly against Pellegrini then you should take a leaf out of both Inter and Galatasaray fans' book.

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
Not once have i ever heard the fans sing about Pellegrini.He is just to distant in my opinion.He is clearly a yes man to the Spaniards but this has caused in my opinion the players to get on easy street with one or two exceptions.He is a good manager,but not for Manchester City.I for one will not shed any tears if he is sacked because his excuses are wearing thin.The buck stops with the manager and I expect the axe to fall should we lose at west brom and Southampton.
What is unbelievable is how far we have regressed defensiveley and also after spending 100million pounds..not 10 million.100 bloody million.
Jovetic..what exactly was he bought for..
Time for the.club to make some changes..kolarov.lescott.richards.garcia.milner.hart yes hart.dzeko would be sold to make way for better replacements.

I will take top three right now and be done.

Spot on about the Manager.

I think we need someone city through and through.. I'd have Uwe Rosler anyday!.. We can have all the italians, Spaniards in the world... i think someone who has Blue blood who appreciates the fans and takes on board what's going on around him..

Poyet was at Brighton and hes shining already at Sunderland. Uwe would be legendary. Be good for the club and fans.

Bodicoteblue said:
What stands out for me was the fact that without Silva , we seriously lack any real creativity - we would not have lost yesterday with him in the side.
Of course the down side of this is a certain reliance on one player , and when he's unavailable we look rudderless.
The up side is that best players in all the other sides at the top will also become injured/ suspended at some time - nature has a way of evening things up!
But what an opportunity it would have been yesterday for a fully fit Jovetic.

I still think that we screwed up the Isco transfer - by not making an early offer that couldn't be refused. Not Pelle's fault if we did though but he could do with having another creative player in the mix. And, as teddykgb said, it would help to have one that can dribble, without needing a bib.

joshsimsolo88 said:
I think we need someone city through and through.. I'd have Uwe Rosler anyday!.. We can all the italians, Spaniards in the world... i think someone who has Blue blood who appreciates the fans and takes on board what's going on around him..

Poyet was at Brighton and hes shining already at Sunderland. Uwe would be legendary. Be good for the club and fans.
I suspect the owners' ambitions extend a little beyond someone with "Blue Blood".

gordondaviesmoustache said:
joshsimsolo88 said:
I think we need someone city through and through.. I'd have Uwe Rosler anyday!.. We can all the italians, Spaniards in the world... i think someone who has Blue blood who appreciates the fans and takes on board what's going on around him..

I suspect the owners' ambitions extend a little beyond someone with "Blue Blood".

To be fair, if you've read the ignorant hypocritical dogshit he's replied to then you should've stopped reading his post at "Spot on about the manager".

OB1 said:
Bodicoteblue said:
What stands out for me was the fact that without Silva , we seriously lack any real creativity - we would not have lost yesterday with him in the side.
Of course the down side of this is a certain reliance on one player , and when he's unavailable we look rudderless.
The up side is that best players in all the other sides at the top will also become injured/ suspended at some time - nature has a way of evening things up!

I still think that we screwed up the Isco transfer - by not making an early offer that couldn't be refused. Not Pelle's fault if we did though but he could do with having another creative player in the mix. And, as teddykgb said, it would help to have one that can dribble, without needing a bib.
Maybe

Silva is a one-off, but even without him we had Yaya and Nasri and that should have been enough. Unfortunately I don't remember one moment of quality from Yaya. Every now and again in a season, you get days when no one performs, and yesterday was one of those days

The top side see themselves through those games unbeaten, and we would have done had the ref done his job.

The very minimum is that City force the opposition to do something special to beat us. Defeats at Villa and Cardiff and Chelsea were all handed to the opposition on a plate.

OB1 said:
Bodicoteblue said:

Completely agree I think signing Isco would have been a masterstroke. Similarly when the one world class player became available (Ozil) this summer we had spent up. I also think the money could have been much better spent over the summer with only Negredo looking like a signing worth of his transfer fee, I still have high hopes for Jovetic but without seeing him regularly it is too difficult to judge whether he will be a success.

I have calmed down a bit now and I am looking for green shoots.

The problems on the road are nothing new. If we look at our away record in the premier league this calendar year it reads

P 14 W 5 D 2 L7

That is Kevin Keegan type stat's that is.

It is very unfair (I laid in to the manager also this morning) to blame Pelligrini completely for this .

We can have days when we are not ruthless and we have had more than our fair share so far in 2013.

Losing at Chelsea was a right kick in the teeth as we were starting to put a bit of a run together.

I miss Vincent

gordondaviesmoustache said:
I should have thought you'd be delighted only those with blue blood could be considered. As you are the entire middle-class fanbase of this football club, the job is yours. Now please sort out our away form.

joshsimsolo88 said:
St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
Not once have i ever heard the fans sing about Pellegrini.He is just to distant in my opinion.He is clearly a yes man to the Spaniards but this has caused in my opinion the players to get on easy street with one or two exceptions.He is a good manager,but not for Manchester City.I for one will not shed any tears if he is sacked because his excuses are wearing thin.The buck stops with the manager and I expect the axe to fall should we lose at west brom and Southampton.
What is unbelievable is how far we have regressed defensiveley and also after spending 100million pounds..not 10 million.100 bloody million.
Jovetic..what exactly was he bought for..
Time for the.club to make some changes..kolarov.lescott.richards.garcia.milner.hart yes hart.dzeko would be sold to make way for better replacements.

I will take top three right now and be done.

Spot on about the Manager.

I think we need someone city through and through.. I'd have Uwe Rosler anyday!.. We can have all the italians, Spaniards in the world... i think someone who has Blue blood who appreciates the fans and takes on board what's going on around him..

It's complete nonsense about the manager. This is small time thinking. What would having Uwe manage the club accomplish aside from potentially having a manager as angry as the fans are when the results don't go our way? Do you really think this is what we're missing? It's so easy to blame effort when the results aren't there. But it's a logical fallacy. You can't will the ball into the net. If Samir Nasri has blood as blue as the bluest thing on the planet, he isn't magically able to part the Black Cat sea to create an opening.

Managing is of course somewhat about motivating the players. Having Uwe scream up and down about what it means to be a blue might not conjure up the effort you're assuming it would. Then we'd be in the uncomfortable position of needing to move on from a club legend manager who couldn't produce the results we need. This isn't meant to insult Uwe, but I think it's insulting to the position of manager to think that all they have to do is show up and be fiery and love the club they manage and the results will take care of themselves. This is the very top tier of football, these managers have the very difficult job of motivating millionaires and responding to the tactical adaptations at the very top of the game. I understand the romanticism of wanting to have a blue through and through managing the squad to european and league glory. But to get where we're wanting to go, it's going to take a lot more than simply "wanting it" whatever that means.

And I simply don't care whether our fans are singing the manager's name or not. This has to be the dumbest measure possible of manager's effectiveness. There are legitimate reasons right now to wonder whether our manager is capable of making this group of players into the Champions we want them to be, but whether or not our fans have chosen to sing his name isn't one of them. These things will only come with time and success, they are not a harbinger of time and success.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.