Discuss Pellegrini (Pt 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ducado said:
Having ruminated over this my own opinion is this

Pellegrini has seen what we can do to team at home, generally rip them apart, and not unreasonably seem to feel that they should be able to do the same away from home, and in practise he is not wrong, however it's not working out, he is a pragmatist and will now fully understand that the Prem is a tough league and he will change his approach to one that works

I have my doubts but hope you are right.

coleridge said:
uwe rosler 28 said:
People need to be careful what they wish for! For me there is only 1 game where we have played bad and deserved to lose and that was stoke which we drew we have deserved to win every other lge game I, d be more worried if we were getting out played by the opposition but we are not im sure these away results will change everyone just needs to get behind both the team and management!

This is the current problem. Pellers either believes this [which is troubling] or he is being highly defensive after only a few months in charge [which is even more troubling]. Time has run out for 'getting it right'. He needs to sort it by Xmas or face the consequences. We finished second last year and won it the year before, with 8O% of the same squad and then spent £100m. No excuses. We are always behind the team and club. But time has come for both management and players to do their bit rather than just looked like neither management or players can be sufficiently arsed away from home.

In Mancini's full season in charge both Leicester and Notts County (Dzeko saved our arses in the first game) took us to a replay in the FA Cup.

jake28 said:
Ducado said:

Pellegrini has seen what we can do to team at home, generally rip them apart, and not unreasonably seem to feel that they should be able to do the same away from home, and in practise he is not wrong, however it's not working out, he is a pragmatist and will now fully understand that the Prem is a tough league and he will change his approach to one that works

Ducado, mate, the problem that I am having is that he thinks his approach is working and we should have won every away game!!!

coleridge said:
jake28 said:
Ducado said:

Ducado, mate, the problem that I am having is that he thinks his approach is working and we should have won every away game!!!
We should have with the possible exception of Stoke

Re: Clueless manager

badge said:
East Level 2 said:
kenzie115 said:
Before taking the OP too seriously it may be worth considering these previous posts (about Negredo):

15-Aug

16-Sep

03-Oct

A knee jerker of epic proportions.

As for the clueless manager, his changes actually made a difference, bringing Navas on, and later Zab, made us much more threatening down the right hand side and had we had more players in the box we might have had a chance of scoring. Richards was shocking yesterday and it was the right decision to replace him.

As for the initial selections, many would argue Kolarov has been our best left back this season so you can't really argue with that. Richards annd Zabaleta have rotated in the last few games with decent results and Sunderland's aerial threat means Richards wasn't a stupid selection. Lescott was the only choice at centre half. Navas hasn't been in great form recently and so Milner's industry and fight was probably selected as a better option, plus he could cover for Richards who tends to take a while to track back. Fernandinho was injured and with Rodwell's fitness a doubt playing Garcia becomes the only option once you'd picked Milner out wide.
So tell me kenzie115, how did you feel when leaving the SOL yesterday? How did you feel being surrounded by gloating locals walking back to the car, coach or train? How about when being stuck in traffic getting away from the ground and then on the three or four hour journey back?

woohoo! been to an away match have we? of course, travelling for three or four hours should guarantee a win for you, shouldn't it.
Been to lots of away games smartarse and no it doesn't guarantee a win. However the OP was reflecting his annoyance at another pathetic surrender to a poor side and I shared his annoyance.

ifiwasarichfan said:
I desperately wanted Mr Mancini to stay on and Mr Pellegrini was certainly not number one choice on many lists or my idea of an upgrade but I have very quickly become a fan of Mr P.

Just like Chelsea, Spurs and United we are in a season of transition, so it isn't all going to be a bed of roses.

The only question marks against him for me would be the 4 -4 -2 shambles at Home to Bayern and possibly not doing his homework on Gareth Barry and what he brought to the table. Although that may have been purely financial and out of his hands. I can't really think of anything else.

He hasn't been helped by injuries to practically all our Defenders or the total loss of form from Joe Hart at a time when he has been trying to initiate a different philosophy to the side.

This guy has a calmness about him and the extra 30% in performance that he has brought out from our more creative players I am convinced will stand us in good stead when we get to the business end of the Season.

We are only 6 points behind Arsenal with an awful lot of Football still to be played, now is not the time to panic.

Where we are now is irrelevant. It's where we are after 38 games that matter, and the fact is that if City are to win the title, then they cannot afford to lose any more than another 15 points this season. That would give us a final total of 85 points. Even each draw will cost us two points, so it's going to be all or nothing from now on.

uwe rosler 28 said:
Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
uwe rosler 28 said:
People need to be careful what they wish for! For me there is only 1 game where we have played bad and deserved to lose and that was stoke which we drew we have deserved to win every other lge game I, d be more worried if we were getting out played by the opposition but we are not im sure these away results will change everyone just needs to get behind both the team and management!

Well I beg to differ.

We were average against Cardiff and a point was the most we deserved, against Hull at home we were extremely lucky to win, against Chelsea we deserved a draw but not a win. We could easily have been 3-0 down in that match and conceded a penalty and yesterday we were very average. Lots of huff and puff but little end result and did not do enough to win.

We were the better team at cardiff and villa and yesterday as I said stoke were the better team against us! Chelsea we deserved at least a point I see nobody coming on here slagging the manager off after we put 7 past norwich and 5 past moscow! Our performances this season have been alot better than alot of our title rivals maybe arsenal liverpool excepted.

I'm sorry but when we give away stupid goals as at Cardiff, Villa, and Chelsea then we deserve what we get no matter how well or badly we play. We certainly deserved nothing yesterday if we couldn't muster a single goal from all that possession and territorial dominance.

As I've already said (before Ducado asks!) I don't want Pellegrini sacked but he has got to do something more than keep claiming we played well after each away defeat. The next two away PL games are now crucial to our season, they really shouldn't be but they are.

Colins Bellend said:
Just back and still angry. Got to say that is the most inept display of management I have seen in a long time

I wouldn't say it's been a long time since the Munich game

ParboldBob said:
Don't forget some of the players last May got their wish and got rid of Mancini, not to mention the cup final joke so here we are with a 60 year old manager from abroad who has never won anything and rotates his squad for fun !!!! surely if you have only won 1 game away from home and are forced to make 3 changes to the spine of your team then no manager would think about changing 3 of their back 4 as well would they !!! so much for this holistic approach.........................The engineer ain't got no IDEA.
Well away from home he hasn't got a Scooby doo .

Marvin said:
coleridge said:
jake28 said:

We should have with the possible exception of Stoke

I appreciate your stoicism. However, losing four games that you say we should have won is surprising, to say the last. Before yesterday, I may have been on-board, but I can't swallow that line any more. Sorry but an immediate improvement or the axe, for me. Failing to qualifying for the CL would be beyond the pale for ADUG. Pellers either now revels in the pressure or he goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.