Discuss Pellegrini (Pt 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Clueless manager

badge said:
East Level 2 said:
badge said:
woohoo! been to an away match have we? of course, travelling for three or four hours should guarantee a win for you, shouldn't it.
Been to lots of away games smartarse and no it doesn't guarantee a win. However the OP was reflecting his annoyance at another pathetic surrender to a poor side and I shared his annoyance.

well you sound like a kid who didn't get what he wanted for christmas. i agree with pellegrini; we've been the best side in all of our away games. villa was a completely freak result, cardiff was a headscratcher, and the chelsea loss was down to joe. i'd say it's entirely possible that we can win the next five away matches, playing in exactly the same way as we have been.
Play the same way? So not marking at corners (Cardiff), not creating a single decent chance (Stoke), failing to capitalise on twice taking the lead (Villa) though I'll admit there was a touch of flukiness, forgetting Cahill and Torres being unmarked in the penalty area with only Joe to beat (Chelsea) and forcing just one good save from a goalkeeper playing behind the worst defence in the league.
Of course it's possible we'll win the next five away games playing exactly the way we have been. But is it likely, and if so why?
And did you want that performance for Christmas?

city91 said:
It honestly feels that some people actually want Pellegrini to fail.
This is something I can't get my head round either, some of the football we are playing has been the best I've ever watched, why would anyone want him to fail, playing this way ? It does seem that some do though.

I was as angry as anyone after yesterdays performance, but he made too many changes and the back up players aren't good enough to play that way.

cleavers said:
city91 said:
This is something I can't get my head round either, some of the football we are playing has been the best I've ever watched, why would anyone want him to fail, playing this way ? It does seem that some do though.

I was as angry as anyone after yesterdays performance, but he made too many changes and the back up players aren't good enough to play that way.

I dont think many of us actually want him to fail at all.

But away from home, at present we are failing. The results are nowhere near good enough.

Question is can Pellegrini turn it around or not, and and based on his previous tactics team selections and post match comments some of us are getting concerned to put it mildly

minnesota blue said:
crmcfc said:
Could not agree more with the comment. What do you expect when we employ a 60 odd year old who has never won anything and never managed in the premier league, has anyone thought about us not qualifying for CL?

Welcome to the forum, rag.

Grow up, believe it or not there are city fans who have been to hundreds of games who live outside chat rooms. Yes really.

Ducado said:
I am asking a direct question cards on the table time there has been enough beating around the bush (that's enough metaphors) on here today people just need to say it, and we then know where we all stand

I don't want him gone, I have seen more than enough to know that things will improve but that's just me
I want him sacked, he`s slowly managing to make each player worse & he doesn`t learn.

cleavers said:
city91 said:

There's not one city fan on here who wants him to fail
He deserves to be criticised when he fucks up on selections like yesterday,just like our last gaffer was.

Play the same way? So not marking at corners (Cardiff), not creating a single decent chance (Stoke), failing to capitalise on twice taking the lead (Villa) though I'll admit there was a touch of flukiness, forgetting Cahill and Torres being unmarked in the penalty area with only Joe to beat (Chelsea) and forcing just one good save from a goalkeeper playing behind the worst defence in the league.
Of course it's possible we'll win the next five away games playing exactly the way we have been. But is it likely, and if so why?
And did you want that performance for Christmas?[/quote]

i) because we're creating more opportunities to score than the opposition.
ii) vincent kompany has still to come back.

if the opposition were actually outplaying us, i would be far less generous in my defence of pellegrini against the experts.

and oh, i concede that we were shit against stoke.

andypandy said:
cleavers said:
city91 said:

But away from home, at present we are failing. The results are nowhere near good enough.

Question is can Pellegrini turn it around or not, and and based on his previous tactics team selections and post match comments some of us are getting concerned to put it mildly

There's no way I want him to fail at City. In fact, I do believe that we'll win the league this year. With the squad we've got, even I could manage the club to a top three place... (possibly). If we don't win it this year, there's only one man to blame.

The cookie monster said:
cleavers said:
city91 said:

There's not one city fan on here who wants him to fail
He deserves to be criticised when he fucks up on selections like yesterday,just like our last gaffer was.

You can't slag him off , he's a soft old Labrador who's a gentleman<br /><br />-- Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:46 pm --<br /><br />
Lavinda Past said:
andypandy said:
cleavers said:

There's no way I want him to fail at City. In fact, I do believe that we'll win the league this year. With the squad we've got, even I could manage the club to a top three place... (possibly). If we don't win it this year, there's only one man to blame.

Do you live next to a field full of mushrooms?

flb said:
Lavinda Past said:
andypandy said:

Do you live next to a field full of mushrooms?

Actually... Yes! Big red spotty ones. We call them Mushrooneys

We'll piss the league this year - Whether Labrador man's still around or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.