Discuss Pellegrini (Pt 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Burtonblue said:
Cheesy said:
Burtonblue said:
You cannot blame the manager for the result today.
Tactics were bang on against Chelsea.
Individual errors from supposedly experienced top players let him and us down.

Who do you blame though when poor defending as a team and individual errors start becoming a pattern rather than a one-off?
So was it Pellegrini's fault Joe took leave of his senses today or Clichy gave Torres a head start in the race to the byline?
The manager's only fault was in picking those players. Supposedly excellent experienced individuals.
He can't be blamed for their below par performances although to some it us clear the Joe has been well below his best for a while.
Players let him down today.

Agreed....but it will become his fault if he keeps picking them

Burtonblue said:
Cheesy said:
Burtonblue said:

Who do you blame though when poor defending as a team and individual errors start becoming a pattern rather than a one-off?
So was it Pellegrini's fault Joe took leave of his senses today or Clichy gave Torres a head start in the race to the byline?
The manager's only fault was in picking those players. Supposedly excellent experienced individuals.
He can't be blamed for their below par performances although to some it us clear the Joe has been well below his best for a while.

And the players let him down at Cardiff and the players let him down at Villa.
A pattern has begun to emerge...

Cheesy said:
Burtonblue said:

I blame the fact that we neglected to sign a top quality centre back and left back, and a top quality holding midfielder wouldn't have gone amiss either. We are now reaping what we sowed in the last transfer window.

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
Burtonblue said:
Cheesy said:

Agreed....but it will become his fault if he keeps picking them
Fair play.
I don't think he will continue to make that mistake. I hope not anyway..

Harsh to be giving him stick after today.1 point would have been a good result but again a silly mistake.I didnt fancy the lineup at all but he got it about right and I don't know who was 100% at fault for the goal.Joe should'nt have been out there and Nasty should never have let it bounce,no CB should let it hit the ground without getting something on it.

The manager demonstrated today that he has the sort of tactical flexibility and pragmatism that many of his critics have been suggesting that he didn't have. His tactics and team selection were good today but some of the players that he inherited made the sort of errors that the characters in Scream 4 are making.

OB1 said:
The manager demonstrated today that he has the sort of tactical flexibility and pragmatism that many of his critics have been suggesting that he didn't have. His tactics and team selection were good today but some of the players that he inherited made the sort of errors that the characters in Scream 4 are making.

Some of 'the players he inherited' won the FA Cup and the league title not so very long ago.
Those were the days...

This time last season:
Manchester City Pld 9 W6 D3 L0 F18 A9 Home(W4 D1 L0 F11 A4) Away(W2 D2 L0 F7 A5) GD +9 PTS 21
This season:
Manchester City Pld 9 W5 D1 L3 F21 A11 Home(W4 D0 L0 F13 A2) Away(W1 D1 L3 F8 A9) GD +10 PTS 16

waspish said:
I blame the manager for not working on our back four and goalie where all our mistakes are coming from

Spot on.

Apart from mauling the rags which to be fair we did sometimes when they were good and we were really shit I've not seen much to impress me with him.

Its quite telling that there's no real sign of a song for him yet...that would indicate a lot of fence sitting by us fans.

blue b4 the moon said:
waspish said:
I blame the manager for not working on our back four and goalie where all our mistakes are coming from

Spot on.

Apart from mauling the rags which to be fair we did sometimes when they were good and we were really shit I've not seen much to impress me with him.

Its quite telling that there's no real sign of a song for him yet...that would indicate a lot of fence sitting by us fans.
Go on then

"Pelligrini ............."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.