Discuss Pellegrini (Pt 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Summerbuzz said:
Look at it another way - the lowest two totals posted by championship winning teams going back to 02/03 were 80 and 81 points. To reach that total we now need to maintain 2.2 points per game. 13.2 points for every six games, for every six played we'd need to to better than four wins and a draw. Yes, I'm a bit down on things at the moment, but....

If it makes you feel any better ... i'm of the opinion that this season will be the lowest league winning points tally since the PL was created. If anything only the champions will get to 80 points and I can conceivably envisage nobody reaching that tally.

BillyShears said:
Summerbuzz said:
Look at it another way - the lowest two totals posted by championship winning teams going back to 02/03 were 80 and 81 points. To reach that total we now need to maintain 2.2 points per game. 13.2 points for every six games, for every six played we'd need to to better than four wins and a draw. Yes, I'm a bit down on things at the moment, but....

If it makes you feel any better ... i'm of the opinion that this season will be the lowest league winning points tally since the PL was created. If anything only the champions will get to 80 points and I can conceivably envisage nobody reaching that tally.
There are going to be a lot of cases of stomach distress around England then.

And it does appear you're likely correct in your prediction.

taconinja said:
BillyShears said:
Summerbuzz said:

There are going to be a lot of cases of stomach distress around England then.

And it does appear you're likely correct in your prediction.

Yep ... I get the feeling it's going to be one hell of a race ... but then I'm of the opinion it's the most competitive PL we've ever had.

Didsbury Dave said:
BobKowalski said:
FantasyIreland said:
The point being,your post was somewhat contradictory,not to mention sad, given your 'advice'.

Moving on is good for us all.

Let me know when you look like taking your own advice.

Personally I suspect 'moving on' means don't pick on Pellers or dwell on the fact that out of 9 PL games we have lost 3 of them. I would guarantee that if I had predicted at season start that this would be Pellers PL record on 29th Oct the amount of abuse, scoffing and derision about how little I know about football would have filled a book.

I could talk about Cardiff (again) and how significant the manner of that defeat was (again) but no I'll resist temptation for it be the sin of all fucking sins to be a total smarty pants.

Instead I shall proffer the hand of forgiveness so please all join me...

"Kumbaya my lord, Kumbaya
Kumbaya my lord, Kumbaya
O Lord Kumbaya"

#holistic

But you don't know anything about football. You cover it by being silly and you've ended up as the pin-up boy the forum know-nowts who believed your raucous laughter last season at the merest notion of a change of manager.

You were telling us all a week or two ago that Pellegrini was being forced to use the same formation week in week out by our Director of Football, too.

I noticed you've quietly dropped that beauty too. ;-)

You mean have I amended my views based on Pellers embracing the dark side namely pragmatism in the last 2 Pl matches? Well of course I have. If I posit a theory based on what I am seeing and then see a change in what I am seeing I am more than happy to change my view. It does beg the question why it took him so long or what possessed him in the Bayern match but better late than never. Equally it doesn't change the fact that Ferran and Txiki are determined to implement a City style of play and that our default position will be what we have seen most of the season especially as a blind man can see that our squad is structured on this basis. That Pellers has now shifted his stance to accommodate a more conservative, ie sensible, formation for big away matches is one I agree with.

Its called discussion, debate and discourse. Views are formulated and then reviewed and/or revised based on further events. Its a fairly adult concept and one you seem to struggle with. Name calling you have down pat so its not all bad news.

Summerbuzz said:

And fractor into that that Chelski, Le Arse, Spuds and Pool all have to drop like a stone then it iaint happening

Chelski and Mouriniho wont throw this away we are at very very best playing for 3rd as i posted before think we will be 5th or 6th

dctid said:
Summerbuzz said:

And fractor into that that Chelski, Le Arse, Spuds and Pool all have to drop like a stone then it iaint happening

Chelski and Mouriniho wont throw this away we are at very very best playing for 3rd as i posted before think we will be 5th or 6th

It isn't out of the realm of possibility, but this is awfully pessimistic. We are surely a class above Spuds and Pool Arsenal haven't played anyone yet, and we've had an early run of injuries other sides will have to deal with. I fancy us for the top 3, and of course it's far too early for winning it to not be both possible and the goal. The thing about looking at trends, especially over a short time period like this, is that if we go on a month and a half long unbeaten run the task becomes far less daunting. We have a team capable of doing this type of thing, we're just really making it harder on ourselves, eliminating some of the margin for error we might have otherwise had throughout the season.

dctid said:

What the actual fuck? So Arsenal and Chelsea, respectively 6 and 4 points ahead of us have to "drop like a stone" for us to catch them ... this whilst Arsenal have so far played 8 of the bottom 10.

Wow ... proper head scratcher that logic is for me.

teddykgb said:
dctid said:
Summerbuzz said:

It isn't out of the realm of possibility, but this is awfully pessimistic. We are surely a class above Spuds and Pool Arsenal haven't played anyone yet, and we've had an early run of injuries other sides will have to deal with. I fancy us for the top 3, and of course it's far too early for winning it to not be both possible and the goal. The thing about looking at trends, especially over a short time period like this, is that if we go on a month and a half long unbeaten run the task becomes far less daunting. We have a team capable of doing this type of thing, we're just really making it harder on ourselves, eliminating some of the margin for error we might have otherwise had throughout the season.

I agree but would say unbeaten is not going to cut it, we need winning streaks of 4/5 games to make serious progress

dctid said:
Summerbuzz said:

it really is so early in the season. points are being dropped left and right.

dctid said:
Summerbuzz said:

buy-scottish-art_jacqueline-marr_white-feather.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.