Discuss Pellegrini (Pt 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Discuss Pellegrini (Pt 2)

He needs to show he can stand toe to toe with the bully that is "the ego" Today is not a day for naivety or showing any signs of weakness - we will be ruthlessly exposed if we do. Demi will be called on I think to add experience and leadership and I would make sure there´s places for Milner and Zab in that respect too. We need to look like a team with a purpose today

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
Ducado said:
If we lose tomorrow I would say our chances of winning the league diminish considerably.
I'm not so concerned about Liverpool but more so Arsenal who are absolutely flying.
I have tried to stay positive about things recently including the mananger but today is the acid test of his reign so far.
A draw would be ok I suppose but these are the games that if you win wins you titles.
Of course there is a long way to go I accept that but with the form of Arsenal,Liverpool etc we cannot afford many slip ups.
The points dropped at Cardiff,Stoke and Villa still hurt because if we'd have picked up an extra 3 pts from any of those games is counter balances a potential loss against one of the big guns.

So your saying more or less what you were saying pre West Ham

Bloody hell Duc-Am I not allowed an opinion? I am not saying that at all.
The points dropped at Stoke,Villa and Cardiff could prove very expensive.

If we win today I actually think we will go on to win the league,a draw is not to bad but a defeat and we are putting ourselves under huge pressure.

It always comes across to me that pre game you are hyping yourself up for the loss

Ducado said:
Ducado said:

If we win today I actually think we will go on to win the league,a draw is not to bad but a defeat and we are putting ourselves under huge pressure.

It always comes across to me that pre game you are hyping yourself up for the loss

My point of view is that I will have serious doubts over the manager if we have a repeat of the Bayern performance where our tactics were obviously lacking, and this was not corrected until very late in the game. We have the squad that is capable of matching Chelsea in every facet, but only if we set up correctly.

Ducado said:
Ducado said:

I think it comes with supporting City down the years. mentally prepare yourself for a loss then anything above
that is a big bonus! SHB has a valid point in that if we lose today it will be difficult to win the title. I would be more
than happy with a draw today. Chelsea at Stamford Bridge is like us at the Etihad - its very rare indeed to lose a game.
Liverpool may not win the title this season but they will have a huge say in who does.

I hope Pelle goes for it!

F***, em!

Let's go there, take it to Chelsea, and go for the win and 3 points.

We had a shakey start, thankfully, so did others. We're over that now. Fernandinho seems to have settled in, The Beast is on fire. A convincing 3 points at Upton Park and it's onwards and upwards. Yes our defence is a bit dodgey, but just go out and score more than them. It won't be easy today, but I'm going for a 3-2 victory.

Joe Hart's Dandruff said:
Ducado said:

My point of view is that I will have serious doubts over the manager if we have a repeat of the Bayern performance where our tactics were obviously lacking, and this was not corrected until very late in the game. We have the squad that is capable of matching Chelsea in every facet, but only if we set up correctly.

I quite agree

Ducado said:
Ducado said:

Listen Duc...As TGR says I always expect to lose. this is a bad thing but having watched us for yrs and yrs I suppose it is engrained into my mentality,I was exactly the same under Mancini but the fact that Pellegrini keeps picking Garcia just tells me we are going to be on the end of a spanking away from home very soon.. I honestly don't ever feel confident away from home and the "how nervous do city make you" thread is rather apt. Nervous isn't the word. Still,I suppose that is what being a blue for 39 yrs has done to me.

Don't get me wrong I wouldn't change it for anything however sometimes,just sometimes I would love us to go away from home and absolutely batter a Chelsea,Arsenal etc..Maybe I am expecting to much but with the investment we have had I expect to beat more of the so called bigger teams than we have been doing away in recent yrs
Will it ever go..I'm not sure,especially away from home.

I go into every game thinking we're going to lose, it's an illness :-(

Pelle will win today,if he doesnt then please feel free to sue me..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.