Discuss Pellegrini (Pt 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Discuss Pellegrini (Pt 2)

I'm no cynic said:
I was saying elsewhere on Bluemoon that over the course of the Premier League in it's 38 game format, the average points total for the teams that were crowned champions was 86. Putting it another way, out of a total 114 points, the absolute maximum available at the season's outset, a successful team is only allowed a loss of 28 points to have a serious hope of winning the league. City have already dropped 8 of this allowance with only eight games played, and although defeat today wouldn't kill us, it would leave us with a very tight budget of 17 points that can be lost in as many as 29 games. It would leave us with a near-impossible task to win the league from that position. A win today is vital for the cause.

Think it will be less than 86 this year with top teams dropping points against each other and teams like Southampton, Swansea as well

George Hannah said:
Manuel is a wing and a prayer man

Wing and a prayer man, my arse. One forward in starting line-up today: Garcia into midfield, MD into defence and Negredo onto bench.

Looks like safety first today.

OB1 said:
George Hannah said:

Wing and a prayer man, my arse. One forward in starting line-up today: Garcia into midfield, MD into defence and Negredo onto bench.

I think Pellegrini's clarkied Bluemoon with today's team selection. :)

Seriously though, big call in a big game. Lets see what transpires.

BillyShears said:
OB1 said:
George Hannah said:

have we managed to swap sides of the fence today? ;)

I'm looking forward to this now, though I'll look a dope if we lose from my post in the pre-match thread last night!

Think hes now happy the players can play the way he wants 4-4-2 so he now feels he can tinker, hopefully we ll have more ball today than if we played 4-4-2 and with an extra deep midfielder wont be as vulnerable to the counter that mourinho teams rely on... a win today would be great...

JoeMercer'sWay said:
BillyShears said:
OB1 said:

have we managed to swap sides of the fence today? ;)

I'm looking forward to this now, though I'll look a dope if we lose from my post in the pre-match thread last night!

I'm really looking forward to it as well. I think it's going to be a cracking game.

Team looks solid lets hope we can keep a clean sheet and we will win if that happens

Pellegrini got it spot on today and we outplayed Chelsea for large parts.

Completely let down by Hart and it will be no surprise to see him drop him after that fucking howler.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.