Discuss Pellegrini (Pt 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Discuss Pellegrini (Pt 2)

Skashion said:
Chelsea will definitely be an interesting 'pointer'. If we do well tomorrow, the title beckons. I'd be happy with a draw but if we win, then the league should be ours for the taking.
I like the way you think no mention of a loss.... :-)

Skashion said:
Chelsea will definitely be an interesting 'pointer'. If we do well tomorrow, the title beckons. I'd be happy with a draw but if we win, then the league should be ours for the taking.

Even if we lose, it doesn't really mean we won't win the league... Chelsea's home record under Mourinho is fearsome and a loss would be disappointing but not hugely surprising. I'd take a draw right now.

Skashion said:

I agree the hardest game on the prem do far for him

LoveCity said:
Skashion said:

Even if we lose, it doesn't really mean we won't win the league... Chelsea's home record under Mourinho is fearsome and a loss would be disappointing but not hugely surprising. I'd take a draw right now.

If we lose tomorrow I would say our chances of winning the league diminish considerably.
I'm not so concerned about Liverpool but more so Arsenal who are absolutely flying.
I have tried to stay positive about things recently including the mananger but today is the acid test of his reign so far.
A draw would be ok I suppose but these are the games that if you win wins you titles.
Of course there is a long way to go I accept that but with the form of Arsenal,Liverpool etc we cannot afford many slip ups.
The points dropped at Cardiff,Stoke and Villa still hurt because if we'd have picked up an extra 3 pts from any of those games is counter balances a potential loss against one of the big guns.

Discuss Pellegrini (Pt 2)

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
LoveCity said:
Skashion said:

If we lose tomorrow I would say our chances of winning the league diminish considerably.
I'm not so concerned about Liverpool but more so Arsenal who are absolutely flying.
I have tried to stay positive about things recently including the mananger but today is the acid test of his reign so far.
A draw would be ok I suppose but these are the games that if you win wins you titles.
Of course there is a long way to go I accept that but with the form of Arsenal,Liverpool etc we cannot afford many slip ups.
The points dropped at Cardiff,Stoke and Villa still hurt because if we'd have picked up an extra 3 pts from any of those games is counter balances a potential loss against one of the big guns.

arsenal have still only played one team in the top half, not concerned about them yet

it's chelsea i think are our main rivals, a draw would be a good result

City Raider said:
LoveCity said:

arsenal have still only played one team in the top half, not concerned about them yet

it's chelsea i think are our main rivals, a draw would be a good result

I suppose mate..A lot of the top 6 are playing each other in the next few weeks so I think the runners for the title will be a lot clearer in 4 weeks.

LoveCity said:
Skashion said:

So your saying more or less what you were saying pre West Ham

Ducado said:
LoveCity said:

So your saying more or less what you were saying pre West Ham

Bloody hell Duc-Am I not allowed an opinion? I am not saying that at all.
The points dropped at Stoke,Villa and Cardiff could prove very expensive.

If we win today I actually think we will go on to win the league,a draw is not to bad but a defeat and we are putting ourselves under huge pressure.

IMHO today is our biggest test of the whole season,a draw would be a good result they will still have to come to us. A win and I don't think we have to worry about anyone else for me Chelsea were always going to be our rivals for the title

More than our title chances...this will be real test of where we stand in terms of defense overall and how we go about our jan transfers to tighten up at back...Bayern did expose us at home and hopefully lessons learnt from tht game will help us to negotiate teams which have pace in midfield and going forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.