Discuss Pellegrini (Pt 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Discuss Pellegrini (Pt 2)

Exeter Blue I am here said:
I've had my concerns this season, but equally I feel (the Bayern debacle aside) that we are definitely improving each week at the moment. We haven't played badly since Stoke 6 weeks ago and there's been some excellent stuff since. Pleasingly there's also been evidence of adjustment and pragmatism from the manager, particularly with regard his substitutions. The only fly in the ointment at the moment is at centre half, and part of that is simply the hand we've been dealt. Kompany's missed over half our games, and when he's out we're left with 4 of the slowest central defenders in the land, ill suited to the high defensive line that inevitably stems from the amount of attacking possession Silva, Ya Ya and Nas enable us to enjoy. We should have bought a top drawer, pacy, centre back in the summer. We didn't and we may live to regret it.
Tomorrow's another huge game, if only because our rivals just don't look like losing. Taking points off them to compensate for the cock ups against Cardiff, Villa and Stoke is imperative. The way we're playing we can certainly turn Chelsea over, but if we're to keep them out at the other end, then Pellegrini has got to cut out all thoughts of playing Garcia at centre half

To be fair to him, we did try to sign Pepe who would have been ideal in our set-up, and this signing was thought to be in the bag, but RM's own injury problems scuppered that, leaving us with a lastminute.com signing in Demichelis who immediately crocked himself in training! That said, most of us recognised that there has always been a weakness at the back when Vinny is out, and a bit more foresight should have been applied in this department once the decision to release Kolo was authorised. I might add similar concerns towards our LB situation.

I'm no cynic said:
Exeter Blue I am here said:
I've had my concerns this season, but equally I feel (the Bayern debacle aside) that we are definitely improving each week at the moment. We haven't played badly since Stoke 6 weeks ago and there's been some excellent stuff since. Pleasingly there's also been evidence of adjustment and pragmatism from the manager, particularly with regard his substitutions. The only fly in the ointment at the moment is at centre half, and part of that is simply the hand we've been dealt. Kompany's missed over half our games, and when he's out we're left with 4 of the slowest central defenders in the land, ill suited to the high defensive line that inevitably stems from the amount of attacking possession Silva, Ya Ya and Nas enable us to enjoy. We should have bought a top drawer, pacy, centre back in the summer. We didn't and we may live to regret it.
Tomorrow's another huge game, if only because our rivals just don't look like losing. Taking points off them to compensate for the cock ups against Cardiff, Villa and Stoke is imperative. The way we're playing we can certainly turn Chelsea over, but if we're to keep them out at the other end, then Pellegrini has got to cut out all thoughts of playing Garcia at centre half

To be fair to him, we did try to sign Pepe who would have been ideal in our set-up, and this signing was thought to be in the bag, but RM's own injury problems scuppered that, leaving us with a lastminute.com signing in Demichelis who immediately crocked himself in training! That said, most of us recognised that there has always been a weakness at the back when Vinny is out, and a bit more foresight should have been applied in this department once the decision to release Kolo was authorised. I might add similar concerns towards our LB situation.

Two sensible posts. I would add though that I'm not sure how much additional foresight was required when no crystal ball was available. City intended to replace Kolo and therefore not giving him a new contract was reasonable. It is also hardly a stop the presses piece of news that City were not the only team to struggle to sign a top quality CB. Demechelis will hopefully be a decent stopgap, when he gets fit.

Also, for the umpteenth time, I would be quite content with Micah as third choice RCB. I also think Rodwell could be very good in the role if...

I do not think that today's game will determine or signal our ultimate fate for the season but it has the potential to tell us more about Pellegrini than most of the games played so far.

OB1 said:
I do not think that today's game will determine or signal our ultimate fate for the season but it has the potential to tell us more about Pellegrini than most of the games played so far.

True far to many people making out its make or break depending on the result

Ducado said:
OB1 said:

Not make or break but certainly a strong pointer.

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
Ducado said:
OB1 said:

True, but the bridge is a very tough place to get a result for any team just as our place is

Ducado said:
St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
Ducado said:

True, but the bridge is a very tough place to get a result for any team just as our place is

True enough but this is why it's such a shitter that we've dropped stupid points away from home. Lose today and we are 1-1-3, even a draw and 1-2-2 isn't really good enough. We need a win.

Oh my crystal balls..!!

Basically we just don´t know what to expect from us away thus far - anything could happen and probably will - not sure if I like or dislike that kind of uncertainty. It was stable under Bob but it became turgid and we got found out
Make or break today ? Well not good if we lose but we seem equally capable of putting a 15 match run together after it. My big problem is the lift in confidence these chavs and the ego will get by turning us over.
Not confident but hey - ho who really fookin knows?!

If I could cross my penis I would - oh wait .... !

;)

His press conferences are probably the most noncommittal, boring dirges in the premier league!

I would love to hear him actually express an opinion just once in a while but I won't hold my breath.

I was saying elsewhere on Bluemoon that over the course of the Premier League in it's 38 game format, the average points total for the teams that were crowned champions was 86. Putting it another way, out of a total 114 points, the absolute maximum available at the season's outset, a successful team is only allowed a loss of 28 points to have a serious hope of winning the league. City have already dropped 8 of this allowance with only eight games played, and although defeat today wouldn't kill us, it would leave us with a very tight budget of 17 points that can be lost in as many as 29 games. It would leave us with a near-impossible task to win the league from that position. A win today is vital for the cause.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.