Discuss Pellegrini (Pt 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can't seriously blame Pellegrini for mistakes like Hart made at Chelsea or the set-piece defending at Cardiff

Had we drawn at Chelsea, you'd all have been quite happy. Small margins, and the manager cops for everyone's errors

I don't think you need look beyond the injuries to Kompany and Demichelis for the soft goals. Lescott struggles to play on the right of the central defence so that leaves Garcia and Nasty who is what 20?

In hindsight perhaps we should have bought a central defender and shipped Dzeko out who is wasted in the squad. Maybe that was Pellegrini's fault, because Kompany was struggling with his fitness in the Summer if I remember rightly. So it was not a surprise to see him pick up injury niggles

Actually yes I can take issue with the manager over the Cardiff issues, and I do. It seems to have been solved, though.

taconinja said:
Actually yes I can take issue with the manager over the Cardiff issues, and I do. It seems to have been solved, though.
Manager has new systems - do you blame him for implementing them or accept that there will be a transition period during which there will be some errors?

If the errors are avoidable and the changes are proving costly to the team then the manager is responsible and deserves to be blamed. 4 away defeats last year in 19 games 3 in 5 this year. It is an appalling start away from home.

Marvin said:
taconinja said:
Manager has new systems - do you blame him for implementing them or accept that there will be a transition period during which there will be some errors?
I hope you don't take this as equivocation, but it depends on the errors. Dropping too deep in a high line? Okay, that's transition for me. Once there are basic, catastrophic failures on a corner? Then I think the manager didn't do well preparing the players.

Marvin said:
You can't seriously blame Pellegrini for mistakes like Hart made at Chelsea or the set-piece defending at Cardiff

Had we drawn at Chelsea, you'd all have been quite happy. Small margins, and the manager cops for everyone's errors

I don't think you need look beyond the injuries to Kompany and Demichelis for the soft goals. Lescott struggles to play on the right of the central defence so that leaves Garcia and Nasty who is what 20?

In hindsight perhaps we should have bought a central defender and shipped Dzeko out who is wasted in the squad. Maybe that was Pellegrini's fault, because Kompany was struggling with his fitness in the Summer if I remember rightly. So it was not a surprise to see him pick up injury niggles

I think we'd have been much happier, even if we'd lost at Chelsea the way we did, IF we had won at Cardiff and Villa.
Villa's home record is P5 W1 D0 L4 F4 A9 Pts3. Cardiff's is P4 W1 D1 L2 F4 A9 Pts4.
It's obvious what that means - Villa, who scored 3 against us, have managed 1 goal against the four other teams they have played at home and have lost to all four. Cardiff have managed 1 goal and 1 point against their 3 other visitors. It really does put arguments about injuries, new systems, second choice defenders in perspective. These are toothless teams who bang in 3 when they meet us but the manager has no responsibility for how we defend! And the injuries to Kompany and Dimichaelis don't explain or justify "soft goals" at all - Kompany and Nastasic cocked up for Villa's third and apparently, even against Cardiff, our players can't be coached quickly enough to sort out who marks whom, so that they stay firmly planted on the ground whila lad, 5'8" tall heads in two! Those CBs are easily good enough to cope with Cardiff and Villa when the manager makes it clear what he expects them to do and trains them to do it. Otherwise you don't go out to play a half digested defensive set up.

How anyone can say the manager should not have any responsibility for individual errors is beyond me. It's his job to be responsible. That's it, that's what he does. As we all know football is a results business and any manager will live or die by those results. Pellegrini will be no different and what's fair has nothing to do with it.

Marvin said:

Thing is you can blame Pelegrini for the defeat his approach with 5 mins to go is still gunho you hold what you have especially away from home at Title contenders

supercity88 said:
Is it possible to just be a supporter of the club rather than the manager??!

I was not a Mancini outer, he is the greatest manager the club has had in my lifetime and he brought us success in fantastic ways. I think he struggled to adapt to changing financial pressures, both him and the club failed in securing Plan A targets but Plan B was rushed and ridiculous. Either way rather than moan about it he should have just got on with things. That was unprofessional considering the club had done everything for him previously.

I think he also struggled with the Plan B, we were one dimensional. Although Hazard may have altered that. Anyway I still supported him to the hilt, every manager has their faults and his tactical brilliance and ability to protect players in the run in with the league winning season was brilliant.

Anyway he has gone and as shocked and surprised I was, and how disappointed I was in the manner in which the club dealt with it, he has moved on and so have we. I must say the faith I have in things is largely down to Sorriano and Txiki, I believe they have the correct outlook and ambition for this club. Mourinho for me would have been Mancini MachII. He may have had more success but he has the same philosophy and causes the same friction within clubs. Chelsea may have their King back but in a few years they will then be left with the same bickering in house as last time. He is selfish and is all about his CV rather than his players.

I must say whilst results have disappointed I am patient. I have had to be over the years. This is City after all. Pellegrini is the right man to implement a strong philosophy of how to play football. He has achieved success, even if it has not secured endless trophies, he has won things and achieved things at lesser sides. He would have worked wonders at Real if he had not been undermined. He will work wonders with City. He has a philosophy that City fans share and handles things very professionally. It is all in house and he manages players well. All the positive comments that you hear about him must say something about his ability. It is too early to speculate as to how much better we are than under Mancini. But in my opinion and of course it is only opinion, Pellegrini has the ability to make us a far better side for a longer period than Mancini did. I do not think Mancini would have wanted to stay if he had to continue to abandon signing the very best players. As critical as that sounds I still rate the man very highly and adore him for what he did with the club. Given time we will see Pellegrini deliver success at City. I believe it will be De Niro and the like that will be shocked in a few years time.

I also think there is a chance that pelligrini will bring us some silverware, difference is with mancini it was GUARANTEED.

Watching the Newcastle game it is quite obvious that he has no idea what English football is all about. He may not even like it. Far too many teams pumping hopeful long balls for his liking I bet. He is however paid to sort it out and at the moment our defences, 1st team and reserves, look absolutely shocking.

We will win nothing with Pellegrini. English football is not particualrly cerebral. If it was United would never have won all the trophies they did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.