Discuss Pellegrini (Pt 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didsbury Dave said:
robbieh said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Beautiful. Just beautiful.

What bit do you actually disagree with? You think United have been playing like Barca the last twenty years? And don't you think our defending is laughably vulnerable when the ball is in the air.

Don't be sour mate. We all fuck up sometimes.

The fact that you saw fit to come running to this thread during the game just adds a certain comedy, that's all.

I understand you are still grieving. It will pass.

You really are one sad fucker fella. You really are.

BillyShears said:
Lancet Fluke said:
It's not so much the high line that bothers me as such. It is more the stepping up to play offside, when the ball is in and around our box. I thought the sitter we gave away to Torres in the first half was a shambles, not following runners, not defending the ball in, just idly wandering out and hoping the opposition will be offside but worst of all not pressing the man playing the pass into the box. Similar situations for Villa's first goal, West Ham's goal and various other chances we have given away that I can't recall off the top of my head. Happy for us to press high up the field and have a high line but when the ball is near our box, I want us to just defend.

It's almost impossible to not give the opposition a single chance - particularly away from home. I take your point about certain errors against Chelsea for example - but then you also have to acknowledge that this was our fourth different combination of centre halves since the season started, and for MD it was his first game.

I think we all want the team to defend better as individuals, my point is that collectively ie. team shape, how compact we are, the spaces in between the back four and the midfield etc we are improving week in and week out. It's the individual mistakes and the ring rustiness of someone like MD against Chelsea which weaken us.

Just look at how we defended against the Rags in the last half hour of the Derby: they barely got a touch of the ball goal side of the 18 yds line, inside or outside our box. We weren't easy to get behind there, we weren't shambolic; we had Kompany and Nasty together and in form.

TGR said:
Didsbury Dave said:
robbieh said:
What bit do you actually disagree with? You think United have been playing like Barca the last twenty years? And don't you think our defending is laughably vulnerable when the ball is in the air.

The fact that you saw fit to come running to this thread during the game just adds a certain comedy, that's all.

You really are one sad fucker fella. You really are.

I understand its another difficult evening for you, too ;-)

Stoned Rose said:
Marvin said:
Not sure where to put this but we've just played 4 games from home on the trot:

West Ham won 3-0
CSKA Moscow won 2-1
Chelsea lost 2-1
Newcastle won 2-0

And we should have got at least a point at Chelsea

And we can't win away?

Nice one Marv.

I mentioned this same pertinent point on the post match thread but no one picked up on it.

This time a couple if weeks back there was mass panic on here about those 4 games.

We've done very very well to get 3 wins out of 4.

The hoodoo can fuck right off.

Yep we have done pretty well it's just that late goal was a kick in the bollocks putting us further away from Chelsea who for me are favourites for the title. If Pelegrini can win this cup it'll be a big step for him regarding us fans believing in him as a winning manager..

Didsbury Dave said:
robbieh said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Beautiful. Just beautiful.

We all do it even you but it's all fun on this forum where point making is what's its about! It's like when your a kid wanting the last word...

waspish said:
Stoned Rose said:
Marvin said:
Not sure where to put this but we've just played 4 games from home on the trot:

West Ham won 3-0
CSKA Moscow won 2-1
Chelsea lost 2-1
Newcastle won 2-0

And we should have got at least a point at Chelsea

And we can't win away?

Nice one Marv.

I mentioned this same pertinent point on the post match thread but no one picked up on it.

This time a couple if weeks back there was mass panic on here about those 4 games.

We've done very very well to get 3 wins out of 4.

The hoodoo can fuck right off.

Yep we have done pretty well it's just that late goal was a kick in the bollocks putting us further away from Chelsea who for me are favourites for the title. If Pelegrini can win this cup it'll be a big step for him regarding us fans believing in him as a winning manager..

I still can't accept Chelsea as faves for the title. Even if Jose seems to have reanimated the walking dead in Torres I still think they lack quality upfront. On a purely personal note I would like to see us lift the League Cup. Sort of gives us the full set domestically as it were.

waspish said:
Didsbury Dave said:
robbieh said:

We all do it even you but it's all fun on this forum where point making is what's its about! It's like when your a kid wanting the last word...

Those who I have a pop at know exactly why I do it. But fair enough, I'm the first to moan at people taking threads off track.

Whilst picking Milner on the left was an odd decision, maybe Pellegrini had no alternative tonight. I wanted silva to replace navas and Milner to swap sides in the second half, but in the event the change made worked well.

Our makeshift backline defended well in the main too tonight. Whilst a reserve game can only tell you so much, it was a decent night for the manager.

Skashion said:
Bitchfest Part #3,276,062

Frustrating, isn't it? Obviously it'd be absurd not to have a thread discussing the manager on a football forum, but it's getting tedious as fuck reading the same posters having the same tedious arguments. Any sensible debate is lost amongst the petty bitching and point scoring.

Ric said:
Skashion said:
Bitchfest Part #3,276,062

Frustrating, isn't it? Obviously it'd be absurd not to have a thread discussing the manager on a football forum, but it's getting tedious as fuck reading the same posters having the same tedious arguments. Any sensible debate is lost amongst the petty bitching and point scoring.

If you don't like it you can always fuck off to another forum.

Oh, wait...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.