Discuss Pellegrini (Pt 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Discuss Pellegrini (Pt 2)

MaineRoadBlue said:
Bottomless_Sailor said:
And I the only one who watched almost the entire match thinking about how improved our defence was? Chelski weren't creating many clear cut chances at all compared to us, Gary Neville kept commenting on how well our team (as well as theirs) was working as a complete unit to shut out space.

That was until Joe Hart decided to steal the show of course.

Yes
Well, me and the most reknowned football pundit in the world anyway.

The reality is that it is far too early to dismiss Pellegrini as a failure but there is no compelling reason emerging to suggest he is the man for the job. He has made mistakes and he has had wretched luck with both injuries and players making shocking errors such as Hart today so we have to hope things even out.

This is called the Micawber Strategy.........something will turn up.

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
Whatever anyone says,the club domestically have gone backwards.

Only one person can shoulder this blame.The gaffer

This is nonsense. The players can shoulder the blame. What exactly could the gaffer do today? Run out and tackle joe? We've made so many unforced errors this season

Never really had trust in this guy from the start...so hope im wrong but feel he has the balance of the team all wrong same as hughes b4 mancini...tactically he gets found out 2 often...cant keep offering the same old excuses of this is football and they were tired after europe/internationals etc etc ....keeps faith with players playin badly regular (garcia, fernandinho and nastasic) whilst richards lescott and milner dont get a regular enough shout :-(((

teddykgb said:
St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
Whatever anyone says,the club domestically have gone backwards.

Only one person can shoulder this blame.The gaffer

This is nonsense. The players can shoulder the blame. What exactly could the gaffer do today? Run out and tackle joe? We've made so many unforced errors this season

How many of those stem from a distrust between Joe and his defence I'm starting to wonder. He's the only commonality in a whole host of error strewn displays.

Felt like something was fundamentally off when Joe started the cup final, since then we've been shocking in defence.

we are going backwards at the moment

is that down to the manager?

I for one feel that this would not be happening if Mancini was still the manager

but we'd be less holistic obviously

Re: Discuss Pellegrini (Pt 2)

Matt the Giant said:
TGR said:
Matt the Giant said:
So what do you reckon the board demands (at least) from Manuel this season?

A minimum of 2nd place a domestic cup and the last 16 of the CL.
I have a strong hunch we will only achieve the last objective stated above.
And when compared with the last 3 years that is not progress no matter how you slice it.

If true, that's harsh. Very difficult to pull off first year in charge.
I wonder if PL progress really was on the list of demands right away from the start. I mean, we did end up second last year.

I still think the plan is to stay with Manuel for around three years, and I think he will keep the job unless we in a season end up outside the top four and fail to progress from the CL group stage.

Maybe a steady top-three position and good runs in the CL isn't such a bad thing.

I note your comments with interest as what I posted is the minimum requirement set by our old friend billy shears.
Anything less according to billy and Pellegrini would be a 'failure'.
Discuss:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.