Discuss Pellegrini (Pt 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Balti said:
we are going backwards at the moment

is that down to the manager?

I for one feel that this would not be happening if Mancini was still the manager

but we'd be less holistic obviously

Bollocks - mancini lost the dressing room big time. The problem lies with the defence and it is not a managerial error it is player error.

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
Whatever anyone says,the club domestically have gone backwards.

Only one person can shoulder this blame.The gaffer

Thats garbage to be honest.

At the moment I think we have the same points as we got in the same fixtures last year. We're doing OK. Not great, but OK and we havent gone backwards.

Even if we had gone backwards, the idea that it would be the fault of any one person is frankly a stupid one.

Smithy34 said:
Balti said:
we are going backwards at the moment

is that down to the manager?

I for one feel that this would not be happening if Mancini was still the manager

but we'd be less holistic obviously

Bollocks - mancini lost the dressing room big time. The problem lies with the defence and it is not a managerial error it is player error.

And player error. And playing error. And playing error...

Had we held on today then we would be on a run of 3 wins and a draw from 4 matches, 3 away from home.

I would normally lay he blame at the managers door with 16 points from 9 games clearly not being good enough.

However, in the last few games we have been better and I am hopeful this will continue.

I do want him to show that inept performances will not be tolerated though and if VK is fit next week then I want to see Hart, Clichy and Nastasic out of the side. I actually think the latter needs an extended period out of the first team now for his own good.

If these 3 are in the team next week then maybe there are questions to ask.

Re: Discuss Pellegrini (Pt 2)

TGR said:
Matt the Giant said:
TGR said:
A minimum of 2nd place a domestic cup and the last 16 of the CL.
I have a strong hunch we will only achieve the last objective stated above.
And when compared with the last 3 years that is not progress no matter how you slice it.

If true, that's harsh. Very difficult to pull off first year in charge.
I wonder if PL progress really was on the list of demands right away from the start. I mean, we did end up second last year.

I still think the plan is to stay with Manuel for around three years, and I think he will keep the job unless we in a season end up outside the top four and fail to progress from the CL group stage.

Maybe a steady top-three position and good runs in the CL isn't such a bad thing.

I note your comments with interest as what I posted is the minimum requirement set by our old friend billy shears.
Anything less according to billy and Pellegrini would be a 'failure'.
Discuss:

I'm just wondering if Billy has got his hat ready to eat.
Did he not say "We will 100% definitely win the league"

Anyway enough about Mr Shears as it is not good for my health talking about him.

Everyone said give the guy ten games at least,so we are now 9 in.How many points did we have last year after 9 games???
Facts are facts.Mancini is a better manager than Pellegrini.
So we get to the last 16 of CL-Then what,get our arses spanked over 2 legs.

moomba said:

At the moment I think we have the same points as we got in the same fixtures last year. We're doing OK. Not great, but OK and we havent gone backwards.

Even if we had gone backwards, the idea that it would be the fault of any one person is frankly a stupid one.

Right or wrong 'one person' carries the can for the results of the team. That's his job. That's what he gets paid for.
We might not have gone backwards - but it's becoming increasingly difficult to argue we are going forward.

moomba said:

the idea that the manager is not responsible seems quite a stupid one too

TGR said:
moomba said:

Right or wrong 'one person' carries the can for the results of the team. That's his job. That's what he gets paid for.
We might not have gone backwards - but it's becoming increasingly difficult to argue we are going forward.

Maybe backwards is a little harsh but nothing has changed in reality.
Solid at home look like we can beat anyone (except Bayern)
Mentally weak away from home-look like we could lose to anyone

Re: Discuss Pellegrini (Pt 2)

TGR said:
Matt the Giant said:
If true, that's harsh. Very difficult to pull off first year in charge.
I wonder if PL progress really was on the list of demands right away from the start. I mean, we did end up second last year.

I still think the plan is to stay with Manuel for around three years, and I think he will keep the job unless we in a season end up outside the top four and fail to progress from the CL group stage.

Maybe a steady top-three position and good runs in the CL isn't such a bad thing.

I note your comments with interest as what I posted is the minimum requirement set by our old friend billy shears.
Anything less according to billy and Pellegrini would be a 'failure'.
Discuss:

I'm just wondering if Billy has got his hat ready to eat.
Did he not say "We will 100% definitely win the league"

Anyway enough about Mr Shears as it is not good for my health talking about him.

Everyone said give the guy ten games at least,so we are now 9 in.How many points did we have last year after 9 games???
Facts are facts.Mancini is a better manager than Pellegrini.
So we get to the last 16 of CL-Then what,get our arses spanked over 2 legs.

Your right facts are facts and the fact is that Pellegrini is now our manager. So why don't you try and get behind him rather than using every possible stick to beat him with??

Balti said:
moomba said:

the idea that the manager is not responsible seems quite a stupid one too

Holistically we are all to blame.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.