Discuss Pellegrini (Pt 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kun Aguero said:
George Hannah said:
I just wish Pellers was driven to the airport as soon as possible, if dignified venerability is what we need I'm sure Brian Kidd will suffice. Get that Pochettino in and tell him to bring Shaw, Schneiderlin, Clyne, Ward-Prowse, Lovren, Ramirez, Boruc and Lallana with him...;-)

Shaw, yes.
Schneiderlin, no thanks.
Clyne, why? Richards and Zaba are better.
Ward Prowse, in a few years time maybe but now no thanks.
Lovern, maybe as a squad player.
Ramirez, can't even get in the Saints team.
Boruc, whilst a decent keeper we can do better.
Lallana, see Lovern.

GH's post wasn't really worth a reply bud.

He was either fishing or doesn't understand the game.

To be fair to him we have won 4 out of our last 5 and 3 of these were away.

Had hart not turned to crap, we would have had 4 wins and a draw.

We are now playing better but now is the time for tough decisions. Hart needs dropping and clichy and nastasic do to. It's not his fault that individual errors have cost us but it will become his fault if he doesn't deal with the players making them. (I am particularly thinking Hart and Clichy rather than Nastasic but feel he needs taking out of the firing line for a while)

I hope that he does this and other players get the chance to step in and keep the recent form going.

We need to win probably 7 out of our next 9 games to stay in touch.

It's no good getting to Xmas, being 10 behind and still talking about it coming good.

I am hopeful we will do this and be within 2/3 points of top spot by New Year.

Stoned Rose said:
Kun Aguero said:
George Hannah said:
I just wish Pellers was driven to the airport as soon as possible, if dignified venerability is what we need I'm sure Brian Kidd will suffice. Get that Pochettino in and tell him to bring Shaw, Schneiderlin, Clyne, Ward-Prowse, Lovren, Ramirez, Boruc and Lallana with him...;-)

Shaw, yes.
Schneiderlin, no thanks.
Clyne, why? Richards and Zaba are better.
Ward Prowse, in a few years time maybe but now no thanks.
Lovern, maybe as a squad player.
Ramirez, can't even get in the Saints team.
Boruc, whilst a decent keeper we can do better.
Lallana, see Lovern.

GH's post wasn't really worth a reply bud.

He was either fishing or doesn't understand the game.
Both!.

bluemoonmatt said:
crystal_mais said:
bluemoonmatt said:
Im not interested in how many Everton have lost, Im more interested in how many we have and while were talking about looking at league tables are you happy looking at us sat in 7th having yet to play 4 of the 6 teams above us.

I repeat, I do not want Manuel out, but I think given the squad at his disposal we could and should be expecting more

Spin it the other way round - they still need to play us and we beat them then things will look entirely different - have faith
Yeah that happened just the other day, didn't end well.

Must be great being you -glass half empty :)

We haven't done well at Chelsea last 4 seasons - lost 3, drawn 1-

Stoned Rose said:
LoveCity said:
bluemoonmatt said:
Chelsea, Rags and Newcastle (league) apart where have we played well, where.

Everton, 3-1 at home.

West Ham, 3-1 away.

CSKA, 2-1 away (Real Madrid drew there 1-1 last season).

Plzen, 3-0 away.

Wigan, 5-0 at home.

All good and pleasing performances, unless you are expecting perfect 6-0 wins every week.

LC is spot on.

Many pleasing performances and results so far this season .
Ok out of my 3 games listed I'll give you the Plzen purely cos it was away and in a tournament we have had a bad time in and against my better judgement Everton purely cos theyre a bogey team. But the rest, cmon, we hardly made the world sit up and listen.

Lets cut to the brass tacks. The thread is discuss pellegrini so lets. Please answer me yes or no

1. Should MP have changed our clearly failing system v Bayern sooner
2. Is it unreasonable to expect at this stage, given our squad better than 7th
3. Should MP select Javi Garcia
4. Is 4 points from 5 away games given the opponents concerned, an acceptable return

For the record my answers are
1. Yes
2. No
3. No
4. No

crystal_mais said:
bluemoonmatt said:
crystal_mais said:
Spin it the other way round - they still need to play us and we beat them then things will look entirely different - have faith

Mate its not an issue of how full my glass is, I cannot understand why so many blues are accepting such mediocrity. I don't expect us to win every game but the games we havn't won we really should. What happens if we lose against the teams above us like on sunday and this becomes a pattern. Im not looking at one game like Chelsea, I'm looking at the bigger picture.

toffee balls said:
Send him to the gallows....

14 fookin games

Fourteen

Some of you should know better

Precisely...and, we've won 9 of those 14 games, are in the QF of the league cup and very handily placed in the CL to go through with 2 games to spare. You'd think by the reaction of some on here that we were already out of the LC and bottom of our CL group....like last year. Sure, things could be better in the league but you have to think that we will finally cut out the daft errors that have blighted our league campaign to date and make a charge up the table.

5 out of the next 6 at home.

Back to back victories will put us in a decent postion in the league and

through to the last 16 in the Champions league.

Sunderland's luck cannot hold out this time and then bring on Spurs.

We are in a great postion to push on now.

Lets fuckin do it.

bluemoonmatt said:
crystal_mais said:
bluemoonmatt said:

Mate its not an issue of how full my glass is, I cannot understand why so many blues are accepting such mediocrity. I don't expect us to win every game but the games we havn't won we really should. What happens if we lose against the teams above us like on sunday and this becomes a pattern. Im not looking at one game like Chelsea, I'm looking at the bigger picture.

Most of us realise that, with a new manager who is new to the premier league and who is trying to implement a new style of play, we are in a transition period. We may not win anything this year and I think the club expect this (although they obviously expect a top 4 finish).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.