Discuss Pellegrini (Pt 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Whereas Mancini knew the likes of Richards, Lescott, Hart, Milner, Kolarov and Garcia were and are nowhere near good enough, Pellegrini is actually letting them all sign their own death warrants.

Both managers know a player when they see one.

The difference is Mancini only knew one way to skin a cat.

Pellegrini will surely have made his mind up by now.

Good enough for what, though, Tolm? We don#t need 24 world class players, we need a spine and then we need to surround them with reliable pros.

DEspite poor form I still hold a candle for Richards and Hart getting back to what they were. Milner's a great squad player if he will do it.

Kolorov, Garcia and Dzeko are surely on their way out when we can replace, though. Two more windows and this will be done, and if we get the replacements right it will be a massive hard-on of a squad.

BillyShears said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

I think the big question will be whether they'll go for open heart surgery next summer and replace the lot, or whether it'll be a more gradual process where we'll lose two or three next summer and the rest will leave on a free the following.

Not wanting to read too much into what Pellegrini says to the press, but when asked about signings in January, he said something like "first we play the games in November and December then we see what we need in January". I had previously thought he'd ruled out signings in Jan but clearly not.

I'd love to see a big move in Jan ... something to really give us momentum going into the rest of the season.

Take it to the bridge... ;)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpMyyQRT4Sk[/youtube]

tolmie's hairdoo said:
BillyShears said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

I think the big question will be whether they'll go for open heart surgery next summer and replace the lot, or whether it'll be a more gradual process where we'll lose two or three next summer and the rest will leave on a free the following.

Not wanting to read too much into what Pellegrini says to the press, but when asked about signings in January, he said something like "first we play the games in November and December then we see what we need in January". I had previously thought he'd ruled out signings in Jan but clearly not.

I'd love to see a big move in Jan ... something to really give us momentum going into the rest of the season.

You're such a tease ... :)

Didsbury Dave said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Whereas Mancini knew the likes of Richards, Lescott, Hart, Milner, Kolarov and Garcia were and are nowhere near good enough, Pellegrini is actually letting them all sign their own death warrants.

Both managers know a player when they see one.

The difference is Mancini only knew one way to skin a cat.

Good enough for what, though, Tolm? We don#t need 24 world class players, we need a spine and then we need to surround them with reliable pros.

DEspite poor form I still hold a candle for Richards and Hart getting back to what they were. Milner's a great squad player if he will do it.

Kolorov, Garcia and Dzeko are surely on their way out when we can replace, though. Two more windows and this will be done, and if we get the replacements right it will be a massive hard-on of a squad.

Who said anything about 24 world class players? obviously an impossible working situation.

Simple upgrades on players with superior technical ability, who can come in when required and not impact the team so greatly.

There's nothing reliable about the players who are being cited. Richards and Milner become more and more exposed the more opportunities they are given.

The team and the style of play has simply moved to another level because of the other top players we have purchased.

Aside from Dzeko, I genuinely don't believe any of the other lot could get into a regular starting eleven at any of our direct rivals.

They don't need to be world class, you only have to look at Southampton. The majority of their team were considered journeymen.

Lalana is no spring chicken, yet he shone recently for England. Simply because he has technique.

I can understand the affection still held for Micah, having been there from the start. He is not about to go from a bruiser to a boxer, so to speak.

Just my twopenneth. I watch him and I cringe at some of the positions and decisions he takes.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Simply because he has technique.

Probably the biggest problem our so called fringe players have is a worrying lack of technical quality.

Question ... you think MP would consider moving for Pirlo next summer. I personally think a 3 man midfield of him, Yaya, and Fernandinho would be quite something.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
BillyShears said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

Take it to the Bridge......... Stamford Bridge

Hourglass.......................... The shape of an 8

Chelsea's number 8 is...............................errrrrrrrrrrrr Frank Lampard

Oh! We're in for Juan Mata!!!!!!

BillyShears said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

Probably the biggest problem our so called fringe players have is a worrying lack of technical quality.

Question ... you think MP would consider moving for Pirlo next summer. I personally think a 3 man midfield of him, Yaya, and Fernandinho would be quite something.

Probably not but if Roberto Mancini was here then definitely imho. He would be an excellent choice and there as there is no harm in having players around who have experience in winning the Champions League.

BillyShears said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

That's one of the issues at hand. Our game is increasingly technique-based because our football is getting better and more modern. Posession, tight control, pinpoint, incisive passing and positional awareness are vital in Pellgrini's system. That's why there's such a noticeable difference in how we look when someone like Negredo plays instead of Dzeko, or Milner instread of Nasri. They lose posession too much.

Rodney Marsh's Hair said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
BillyShears said:

Take it to the Bridge......... Stamford Bridge

Hourglass.......................... The shape of an 8

Chelsea's number 8 is...............................errrrrrrrrrrrr Frank Lampard

Oh! We're in for Juan Mata!!!!!!
Or Wayne's coming back!

BillyShears said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

Much as I am an admirer, his recruitment would only be a stop-gap measure, a bit like when we brought in Pizarro?

He would be fantastic for the headlines and impact on some of our play, but would rather we went guns out for Gundogan, Iniesta - even Ross Barkley.

That lad at Everton is the best youngster I have seen since Rooney. Absolutely wonderful technique and think he would have it in him to get about that midfield and make a significant contribution.

For me, £40m - go get Barkley and Shaw from Southampton. Two English lads who can go right into the team now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.