Discuss Pellegrini (Pt 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Lancet Fluke said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Bang on and I fear Dzeko might start having a negative impact inside the dressing room, never mind on the pitch.

Never seen a player be so self-serving and derive no enjoyment from what his fellow team-mates might have done.

Fair play to Pellegrini for at least giving him a chance but in hindsight, it is a shame we didn't get rid in the summer. Hopefully we can find a taker in January because he needs to go asap.

I think Dzeko is demonstrating exactly what we see when a player wants out.

We saw it with Balotelli, they start to down tools. Tevez was the exception to the rule.

Dzeko, like Balotelli, will always score goals, wherever they end up.

It's the wider contribution to the team that is the flaw in their games.

I have always tried to see the positives in dzeko but there is no way to defend that performance last night. Completely unacceptable.
Similar to balotelli he's given some moments that will never be forgotten and it would be a shame for those memories to be tarnished in any way. Balotelli left in the nick of time and it's now the same with dzeko - it's time for him to go.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
He would be fantastic for the headlines and impact on some of our play, but would rather we went guns out for Gundogan, Iniesta - even Ross Barkley.

That lad at Everton is the best youngster I have seen since Rooney. Absolutely wonderful technique and think he would have it in him to get about that midfield and make a significant contribution.

For me, £40m - go get Barkley and Shaw from Southampton. Two English lads who can go right into the team now.

I think Iniesta's a no brainer. I've little doubt that Txiki is all over that situation.

The two English lads are definitely ones worth moving for IMO. Barkley in particular, you know because we've talked about it before, he's got the brain and the technique.

wireblue said:
There were a lot of similarities between last night and the Sunderland defeat.
Richards, kolarov snd milner all started and garcia was put in a two man midfield.
The result is the same - we get overrun in midfield and the players that come in aren't technically good enough to keep hold of possession to compensate for it.
So we look completely disjointed with absolutely no rhythm to our game.
And dzeko was an absolute disgrace.
Winner winner chicken dinner . Spot on with what you say .

BillyShears said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
He would be fantastic for the headlines and impact on some of our play, but would rather we went guns out for Gundogan, Iniesta - even Ross Barkley.

That lad at Everton is the best youngster I have seen since Rooney. Absolutely wonderful technique and think he would have it in him to get about that midfield and make a significant contribution.

For me, £40m - go get Barkley and Shaw from Southampton. Two English lads who can go right into the team now.

I think Iniesta's a no brainer. I've little doubt that Txiki is all over that situation.

The two English lads are definitely ones worth moving for IMO. Barkley in particular, you know because we've talked about it before, he's got the brain and the technique.

Yeah, Barkley is good replacement for Yaya. Barkley - Ferna looking good.

BillyShears said:
Someone like Dzeko who's on ridiculous money should be ashamed of his performance last night. It was a fucking disgrace and he deserves a bollocking for it. No matter what happens in the summer all these guys can end the season with multiple medals if they contribute to the best of their abilities.
Re Dzeko, I posted this in his now defunct thread last night

cleavers said:
I felt sorry for the lad tonight, he started OK, but couldn't get anything right, probably trying too hard, I'm sure he would have liked to have taken the penalty, no hope. His head then went down, and his body language was awful, watch the replay of the penalty, doesn't even charge the box as its kicked (it could be saved or hit the post and come out, not interested sadly). His touch was poor, and he took up some awful positions. In the second half his 'dummy' when he had a tap in was terrible (maybe he got a shout). Then Negredo comes on and within a minute has scored, from a cross Edin has missed. Finally he got a goal, great header it was too, but too little too late I'm afraid.

He really didn't show enough effort, nor enough skill, or even good awareness positionally, its sad to see, a decent footballer, but his head has gone, he needs a new challenge, its not at City though. I wish him well, but he doesn't have a future in a team playing the way we are, where position, movement, and first touch are so important. He's not alone, our english contingent are in the same boat, some work hard, and that mitigates their position as squad players, but ultimately they too are not good enough to start in this team the way MP wants us playing. Its no shame, its a tough ask.

It must be immensely difficult for Dzeko, and he got more and more frustrated, and less and less interested as the game wore on. He is a good footballer, but not for us, not the way MP wants this team to play, and I can't see how he can recover his form at City now, he was given the full game last night, and it didn't work for either him or the team, despite scoring again, I suspect it was pretty much the final straw for both.

cleavers said:
BillyShears said:
Someone like Dzeko who's on ridiculous money should be ashamed of his performance last night. It was a fucking disgrace and he deserves a bollocking for it. No matter what happens in the summer all these guys can end the season with multiple medals if they contribute to the best of their abilities.

cleavers said:
I felt sorry for the lad tonight, he started OK, but couldn't get anything right, probably trying too hard, I'm sure he would have liked to have taken the penalty, no hope. His head then went down, and his body language was awful, watch the replay of the penalty, doesn't even charge the box as its kicked (it could be saved or hit the post and come out, not interested sadly). His touch was poor, and he took up some awful positions. In the second half his 'dummy' when he had a tap in was terrible (maybe he got a shout). Then Negredo comes on and within a minute has scored, from a cross Edin has missed. Finally he got a goal, great header it was too, but too little too late I'm afraid.

He really didn't show enough effort, nor enough skill, or even good awareness positionally, its sad to see, a decent footballer, but his head has gone, he needs a new challenge, its not at City though. I wish him well, but he doesn't have a future in a team playing the way we are, where position, movement, and first touch are so important. He's not alone, our english contingent are in the same boat, some work hard, and that mitigates their position as squad players, but ultimately they too are not good enough to start in this team the way MP wants us playing. Its no shame, its a tough ask.

It must be immensely difficult for Dzeko, and he got more and more frustrated, and less and less interested as the game wore on. He is a good footballer, but not for us, not the way MP wants this team to play, and I can't see how he can recover his form at City now, he was given the full game last night, and it didn't work for either him or the team, despite scoring again, I suspect it was pretty much the final straw for both.

Yep, bang on. I had really really high hopes for Edin this season but it just isn't working out and his attitude is a major factor in that. However you're also right to say he's simply not good enough, or to be more specific he doesn't have the qualities which are important to playing in one of MP's teams.

What happened to the Dzeko thread ? anti-united finally fall on his own sword ?

BillyShears said:
What happened to the Dzeko thread ?
The usual I'm afraid.

Its sad, but we laughed at him last night as he went from OK, through nothing working and frustration, to disinterested, and eventually desperation, and the goal he scored was almost irony in its lateness, following Negredo's late introduction. When you see one tackling back at left back, and the other stood on the half way line (other than corners), you realise the huge difference between the two.

I wonder if the club had a plan in the summer ? Keep Dzeko until January, by which time they hoped Guidetti would be fit and ready to take his place, so cleverly managed the situation by bigging him up. I've no idea, but its clear he doesn't fit MP's team/style of play, any more than he fitted RM's team/style of play.

I hope for his sake we haven't damaged him irreparably.

BillyShears said:
cleavers said:
BillyShears said:

cleavers said:

Yep, bang on. I had really really high hopes for Edin this season but it just isn't working out and his attitude is a major factor in that. However you're also right to say he's simply not good enough, or to be more specific he doesn't have the qualities which are important to playing in one of MP's teams.

Agree with both, very sad to see but its obvious he just doesnt 'fit' with the way we are playing. I give MP kudos for trying to back the lad in summer and give him the opportunity to prove his worth, problem for Edin is Negredo looks 2, 3, 4 times the player every time he is on the park and he fits into the system perfectly. Part of the problem is Edin's mindset, he surely believes he is a better option than Negredo (cant blame him for that, any self respecting pro should feel the same) but not in a million years could you justify starting Dzeko over Negredo in an important game at this point.

I would be absolutely amazed if he is with us at the end of the season.

TFC said:
BillyShears said:
cleavers said:

Agree with both, very sad to see but its obvious he just doesnt 'fit' with the way we are playing. I give MP kudos for trying to back the lad in summer and give him the opportunity to prove his worth, problem for Edin is Negredo looks 2, 3, 4 times the player every time he is on the park and he fits into the system perfectly. Part of the problem is Edin's mindset, he surely believes he is a better option than Negredo (cant blame him for that, any self respecting pro should feel the same) but not in a million years could you justify starting Dzeko over Negredo in an important game at this point.

I would be absolutely amazed if he is with us at the end of the season.

For what it's worth I agree with every word above.
I wish the lad the well but his future lies elsewhere.

cleavers said:
BillyShears said:
What happened to the Dzeko thread ?
The usual I'm afraid.

Its sad, but we laughed at him last night as he went from OK, through nothing working and frustration, to disinterested, and eventually desperation, and the goal he scored was almost irony in its lateness, following Negredo's late introduction. When you see one tackling back at left back, and the other stood on the half way line (other than corners), you realise the huge difference between the two.

I wonder if the club had a plan in the summer ? Keep Dzeko until January, by which time they hoped Guidetti would be fit and ready to take his place, so cleverly managed the situation by bigging him up. I've no idea, but its clear he doesn't fit MP's team/style of play, any more than he fitted RM's team/style of play.

I hope for his sake we haven't damaged him irreparably.

I've spent a lot of the last couple of months saying there's no way we'd let him go in January and it'd be a daft thing to do. However if his attitude continues to deteriorate then he can go because he's the type of character that can wreck a dressing room.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.