Discuss Pellegrini (Pt 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's fantastic, home form is showing exactly what he promised even with Kompany and SIlva out. Pellegrini said after spurs we get a similar amount of chances away from home we just don't put as many away. Think we need a couple of stronger players for the likes of Garcia and Dzeko in Jan and we will be playing like that wherever we go.

ello_jo said:
He's fantastic, home form is showing exactly what he promised even with Kompany and SIlva out. Pellegrini said after spurs we get a similar amount of chances away from home we just don't put as many away. Think we need a couple of stronger players for the likes of Garcia and Dzeko in Jan and we will be playing like that wherever we go.

The chances away from home are nowhere near as clear cut as the ones at home.

Take last night as an example. Three simple goals for Nasri, Negredo and Dzeko. Couldn't miss.

Rarely do we create one clear cut chance away never mind 3.

It forces our players to either take pot shots from out of the area which gives he keeper more chance to make a save of our wide men to keep pumping aimless balls in.

It looks like pressure but nothing really created, just like at Sunderland.

cleavers said:
MillionDollarDream said:
lasereyes said:
I stopped reading when I saw Garcia there.
But did you read the part where it said squad rotation or resting a striker? Not Best XI.
Garcia looked fine last night once Yaya came on, pretty sure we will use him in the last 16, in just that role.

Yeah I think so too ... much like against Chelsea.

That is unless we go out in January and pick up a top player who isn't CL cup tied.

BillyShears said:
cleavers said:
MillionDollarDream said:
But did you read the part where it said squad rotation or resting a striker? Not Best XI.
Garcia looked fine last night once Yaya came on, pretty sure we will use him in the last 16, in just that role.

Yeah I think so too ... much like against Chelsea.

That is unless we go out in January and pick up a top player who isn't CL cup tied.

I think a 4-3-3 is fine against a weak side. I wouldn't be doing anything like that in the CL -- and I would pick Milner a thousand times before Garcia if you want someone to fortify Toure and Fernandinho,

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
ello_jo said:

The chances away from home are nowhere near as clear cut as the ones at home.

Take last night as an example. Three simple goals for Nasri, Negredo and Dzeko. Couldn't miss.

Rarely do we create one clear cut chance away never mind 3.

It forces our players to either take pot shots from out of the area which gives he keeper more chance to make a save of our wide men to keep pumping aimless balls in.

It looks like pressure but nothing really created, just like at Sunderland.

Really good point. I always feel the first 15-20 mins of our away games always dictate our result.
We really need to give someone a good pasting away from home soon and I am sure the confidence will return on the road.
Of course teams see us a a huge scalp now so up their performance against us.
Look at that twat Larsson at Sunderland,like a man possessed when we play up there.
West Brom and Southampton are huge huge games.
If we take 4 pts I will be delighted. I actually believe the team will go on a very long unbeaten run now and really push on.

The issue of our defending has been a recurring theme and is primary an issue of system rather than personnel. The solution for most on here seems to be either change the players and/or that the players will 'get better'. Changing the players for defensive lapses is not practical and we went down that route with Hughes and whilst the players will (presumably) become more comfortable it still does not address the lack of cover given to the defence by the team as a whole. It was reasonably encouraging to hear both Pellers and Nasri talking about defending as team rather than just lumping the blame on the poor sods at the back.

On a separate note I have been impressed with Nasri this season not just for his form but his willingness to accept his own mistakes and responsibilities and I think we are seeing the fruits of that. Other players (yes Edin that would be you) could benefit from doing the same. Less encouraging was to hear Nasri talk about our away form and that he has no idea why it has been so poor. Lets hope someone else does have the answer as this sort of response has the alarm bells ringing. 10 out 10 for honesty though.

An article from Jonathan Wilson on the defence issue is worth a read.

Man City Unstoppable and Suspect

JoeMercer'sWay said:
cleavers said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
p.s. he's taking his time to address the weaknesses, it's nearly December and he hasn't yet, last night was just back to him being stubborn for the sake of it, and it's not acceptable, no matter how little was riding on the game it's the wrong attitude.
Last night was more down to playing 4 or 5 fringe players who aren't as good as the main players because we have an important league game at the weekend. Its no surprise that the back up players had to be helped to the win by the first team, but win we did. I didn't notice much stubborness, just some average players, playing, well pretty averagely. The full first team would probably have scored 6 or 7 again, and give Plzen some credit, they did actually play quite well.

He didn't adjust accordingly to the fact we played a bunch of fringe players and left them to be overrun time and time again by an energetic Plzen team.

He didn't learn from Sunderland that Garcia in a 2 doesn't work yet he persisted with it and didn't make it the 3 it needed to be still the start of the 2nd half, and that was only through resting Kun.

and our defenders still don't know how to defend, it's been over 3 months and these are guys that are getting into the first team, through either need or rotation.

Our defenders don't know how to defend! Is that a general comment on their ability or a tactical one regarding what they should do in a Pellegrini team?

OB1 said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
cleavers said:
Last night was more down to playing 4 or 5 fringe players who aren't as good as the main players because we have an important league game at the weekend. Its no surprise that the back up players had to be helped to the win by the first team, but win we did. I didn't notice much stubborness, just some average players, playing, well pretty averagely. The full first team would probably have scored 6 or 7 again, and give Plzen some credit, they did actually play quite well.

He didn't adjust accordingly to the fact we played a bunch of fringe players and left them to be overrun time and time again by an energetic Plzen team.

He didn't learn from Sunderland that Garcia in a 2 doesn't work yet he persisted with it and didn't make it the 3 it needed to be still the start of the 2nd half, and that was only through resting Kun.

and our defenders still don't know how to defend, it's been over 3 months and these are guys that are getting into the first team, through either need or rotation.

Our defenders don't know how to defend! Is that a general comment on their ability or a tactical one regarding what they should do in a Pellegrini team?

They haven't been able to fulfill what Pelle wants them to do, they can't defend to his specification unless his specification is to let the opposition have a free run at our back line on a number of occasions during the game and concede far too many goals as a result.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.