Discuss Pellegrini (Pt 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.
BillyShears said:
BibbyBlue85 said:
Pellegrini is getting us to play the best attacking football I've ever seen us play.

Hearing that from more and more Blues with each passing week. Feels good because it means my faith in Pellegrini wasn't misplaced.

As someone who shall rename nameless said to me in a PM ... I'll take winning one or two less trophies or losing the occasional game we shouldn't lose to play with such attacking gusto all the time.
Absolute rubbish.It is all about winning trophies and titles. Of course playing how we are at home is fantastic and to win trophies playing that way would be simply fantastic but in reality if we don't win anything in the next 2 seasons he will be shown the door.

BillyShears said:
BibbyBlue85 said:
Pellegrini is getting us to play the best attacking football I've ever seen us play.

Hearing that from more and more Blues with each passing week. Feels good because it means my faith in Pellegrini wasn't misplaced.

As someone who shall rename nameless said to me in a PM ... I'll take winning one or two less trophies or losing the occasional game we shouldn't lose to play with such attacking gusto all the time.

We are a seriously good watch Billy and long may it continue. Few upgrades in January/Summer and we'll be smiling even more IMO. Honestly think we'll start clawing back the deficit at the top and be clear by February if we can keep Vinny fit.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
BillyShears said:
BibbyBlue85 said:

not this season, I sense a certain need from a lot of people for us to regain the title and stamp our authority back on things and put another big trophy in the cabinet so that we have "More than one" so to speak.

No trophies this season, no matter how nice the attacking play, will leave a lot of supporters very dissappointed and asking questions.

He needs to address the weaknesses in his system.

I think we will win trophies this season (plural!). I just meant over a sustained period of time we will miss out from time to time. We will no doubt down the years come up against a team like the Chelsea one that won the CL final for example.

I'm not overly concerned about Pellegrini addressing the weaknesses in the squad and in his system when he plays certain players. There are weaknesses there but he's got the experience to know what he's doing and how to address them.

BillyShears said:
BibbyBlue85 said:

Not for me. Our forward play has been great at times, not so great at others. But I get just as much pleasure out of good defending and certainly more pleasure out of winning things.

I don't think our forward play has to come at the expense of our defensive play, or silverware. Get VK back and a settled back 4. Keep developing Ferna and Yaya partnership, adding a third midfielder at the right occasion and I reckon we can have it all.

BillyShears said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
BillyShears said:

not this season, I sense a certain need from a lot of people for us to regain the title and stamp our authority back on things and put another big trophy in the cabinet so that we have "More than one" so to speak.

No trophies this season, no matter how nice the attacking play, will leave a lot of supporters very dissappointed and asking questions.

I think we will win trophies this season (plural!). I just meant over a sustained period of time we will miss out from time to time. We will no doubt down the years come up against a team like the Chelsea one that won the CL final for example.

I'm not overly concerned about Pellegrini addressing the weaknesses in the squad and in his system when he plays certain players. There are weaknesses there but he's got the experience to know what he's doing and how to address them.

Of course we won't win everything, far from it, but we should be looking to keep our trophy haul ticking over.

I think this season is key as it sorting out the defence and winning a trophy or two(one of them one of the big 2) would really settle people down into this era of the club and put confidence into the supporter base, which is natural.

BillyShears said:
BibbyBlue85 said:

We are at least as good going forward as we were in the first few months of the title winning season, probably better, there is much work to do in other areas though, I think that is undeniable. No problem accepting being more open at the back to allow us to be so good going forward because it is almost inevitable but he has to find a slightly better balance at times, especially away from home (stating the bleeding obvious). No reason anyone should assume that he can't find that balance though.

BillyShears said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
BillyShears said:

p.s. he's taking his time to address the weaknesses, it's nearly December and he hasn't yet, last night was just back to him being stubborn for the sake of it, and it's not acceptable, no matter how little was riding on the game it's the wrong attitude.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
I think this season is key as it sorting out the defence and winning a trophy or two(one of them one of the big 2) would really settle people down into this era of the club and put confidence into the supporter base, which is natural.

Totally agree ... I still think we're favourites to win the league and will be there or thereabouts. If we do win it that will be enough for Pellegrini to become universally loved. The icing will be one other trophy to make it a fantastic double in his first season. My money's on the Carling Cup. He keeps talking about it - i think he's of the opinion getting a trophy early doors will be good for him and for the mentality of the squad. I'd like it just because it's the one we haven't won yet.

BillyShears said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:

Totally agree ... I still think we're favourites to win the league and will be there or thereabouts. If we do win it that will be enough for Pellegrini to become universally loved. The icing will be one other trophy to make it a fantastic double in his first season. My money's on the Carling Cup. He keeps talking about it - i think he's of the opinion getting a trophy early doors will be good for him and for the mentality of the squad. I'd like it just because it's the one we haven't won yet.

agreed, I'd like to win it as well, but the priority has to be the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.