Discuss Pellegrini (Pt 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.
JoeMercer'sWay said:
BillyShears said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
I think this season is key as it sorting out the defence and winning a trophy or two(one of them one of the big 2) would really settle people down into this era of the club and put confidence into the supporter base, which is natural.

Totally agree ... I still think we're favourites to win the league and will be there or thereabouts. If we do win it that will be enough for Pellegrini to become universally loved. The icing will be one other trophy to make it a fantastic double in his first season. My money's on the Carling Cup. He keeps talking about it - i think he's of the opinion getting a trophy early doors will be good for him and for the mentality of the squad. I'd like it just because it's the one we haven't won yet.

agreed, I'd like to win it as well, but the priority has to be the league.

Goes without saying mate. Definitely.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
BillyShears said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
I think this season is key as it sorting out the defence and winning a trophy or two(one of them one of the big 2) would really settle people down into this era of the club and put confidence into the supporter base, which is natural.

Totally agree ... I still think we're favourites to win the league and will be there or thereabouts. If we do win it that will be enough for Pellegrini to become universally loved. The icing will be one other trophy to make it a fantastic double in his first season. My money's on the Carling Cup. He keeps talking about it - i think he's of the opinion getting a trophy early doors will be good for him and for the mentality of the squad. I'd like it just because it's the one we haven't won yet.

agreed, I'd like to win it as well, but the priority has to be the league.

Providing we can get out of this injury streak and thus can continue to rest a couple of critical players for the Carling Cup matches, I think it can actually help our league chances. Getting some silverware will I think take some pressure off of MP and the players. Nothing like winning to make you feel you can conquer the world.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
p.s. he's taking his time to address the weaknesses, it's nearly December and he hasn't yet, last night was just back to him being stubborn for the sake of it, and it's not acceptable, no matter how little was riding on the game it's the wrong attitude.
Last night was more down to playing 4 or 5 fringe players who aren't as good as the main players because we have an important league game at the weekend. Its no surprise that the back up players had to be helped to the win by the first team, but win we did. I didn't notice much stubborness, just some average players, playing, well pretty averagely. The full first team would probably have scored 6 or 7 again, and give Plzen some credit, they did actually play quite well.

lasereyes said:
Getting some silverware will I think take some pressure off of MP and the players. Nothing like winning to make you feel you can conquer the world.

It certainly feels like Dzeko aside, there's a real feel good factor around the players. I totally agree that winning that first trophy under MP would give the players a real boost for the rest of the season.

It's important we remain in as many competitions as possible IMO. When you carry a squad which is as expensive in terms of wages as our is, you've got to expect to be able to compete on multiple fronts every season.

cleavers said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
p.s. he's taking his time to address the weaknesses, it's nearly December and he hasn't yet, last night was just back to him being stubborn for the sake of it, and it's not acceptable, no matter how little was riding on the game it's the wrong attitude.
Last night was more down to playing 4 or 5 fringe players who aren't as good as the main players because we have an important league game at the weekend. Its no surprise that the back up players had to be helped to the win by the first team, but win we did. I didn't notice much stubborness, just some average players, playing, well pretty averagely. The full first team would probably have scored 6 or 7 again, and give Plzen some credit, they did actually play quite well.

He didn't adjust accordingly to the fact we played a bunch of fringe players and left them to be overrun time and time again by an energetic Plzen team.

He didn't learn from Sunderland that Garcia in a 2 doesn't work yet he persisted with it and didn't make it the 3 it needed to be still the start of the 2nd half, and that was only through resting Kun.

and our defenders still don't know how to defend, it's been over 3 months and these are guys that are getting into the first team, through either need or rotation.

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
Didsbury Dave said:
St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
Serious question Billy.You have now mentioned Iniesta,Messi and now a South American Central midfielder that you believe we are after. What happened to being self sufficient and producing our own talent?

Bloody hell, SHB. You really think we will ever become the only club in world football history to never buy a player? And exactly what world stars are you expecting to be churned out this season from that building site behind Asda?

Seriously, mate, you need to have a break from City or something. It's like you've come to hate the club you support.

I'm not talking about now Dave,but how much do you expect us to keep spending?
Messi,Iniesta,Shaw etc etc the list continues.It's simply bollocks it really is.It's like the classic Pep is gonna rock up here in 2-3 seasons.How the fuck does anyone on here know that? Let's look at the cold hard facts,we are fantastic at home and can beat anyone (except a top european side) yet away needs a huge huge turn around in form.
The next 2 aways will be the decider for me as regards MP and as to if he can sort the away form out or not.

I hate my club?? Course I do mate-Jesus Christ I don't want to turn this into a slanging match but a break??? Why??If I hated my club do you seriously believe I would keep going week in week out..seriously?? Have a word pal.I live for City after my family and I am allowed an opinion on MP and anything at the club.Sorry if you don't agree with me but I wont be losing any sleep over it.
I just hate people posting stuff as if they are inside the club with a direct line to Khaldoons and the 2 spaniards inbox.It is simply laughable,absurd and a sort of look at me bollocks.

Messi?? Iniesta?? Not in a million years

I think somebodys been hacking into your account for the past few years and posting in the matchday thread mate ;)

JoeMercer'sWay said:
He didn't adjust accordingly to the fact we played a bunch of fringe players and left them to be overrun time and time again by an energetic Plzen team.

He didn't learn from Sunderland that Garcia in a 2 doesn't work yet he persisted with it and didn't make it the 3 it needed to be still the start of the 2nd half, and that was only through resting Kun.

and our defenders still don't know how to defend, it's been over 3 months and these are guys that are getting into the first team, through either need or rotation.
Perhaps, but he wants to play this way, and while I understand your concerns, he wants all his players to play this way. He's finding out that some can't (or won't). No point discussing them in here, as the other thread has the same discussion. The team should be able to play this way against the likes of Plzen, without getting over run. MP clearly wasn't happy last night either, and called the defending (not the defence), because some players didn't.

I'm a believer in starting with your best team, getting the game put to bed, then swapping about, so if I would criticise anything last night from MP, it was too many changes at the start, but I don't know about players who may be carrying minor knocks, so they may have been necessary changes.

If we are to rest one of our current in form strikers or squad rotation we should switch to a 4-3-3 with:
---------------------------------------Hart/Pants------------------------
---------------------------------------Back Four------------------------
----------------------------------------Garcia----------------------------
----------------------------Yaya--------------Dinho----------------
-------Navas-----------------Aguero/Negredo----------Nasri/Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.