Discuss Pellegrini (Pt 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.
simon23 said:
samharris said:
simon23 said:
great attacking football yet again today

however the defensive side of our game has to improve and there are no signs of it.........too much space infront of our back four all the time and only poor finishing from Swansea today led to us not conceeding........at some point we are going to come unstuck against better opposition (arsenal players will revel in that amount of space in front of our back 4 as will Munichs and other teams in the champs league)

we are playing well but im still waiting to see what he does when confronted by a higher standard of opposition and also if our away form ccan improve.......but on the positive note at time our attacking play is as good as it was under RM during our title winning season

I see where you are coming from,but in my mind not conceeding means they did their job..

they partly did their job (espeically in the second half) but it also means that the swansea attackers on a number of occasions didnt do theirs...better opposition players will

like spurs and the scum you mean??

samharris said:
moomba said:
blueinsa said:
3-0.....3 fucking 0 yet some still fucking moan pmsl.

They had one clear chance all game and apart from that, we restricted them to shots from outside the box yet some claim we were crap defensively again.

What the fuck do you guys want?

To discuss all aspects of a game, not just the positive ones.

whats not positive about not conceeding..lets discuss facts not possibilities..

Very happy we didnt concede. But a clean sheet today won't stop us conceding in games to come. Improving one of the weaker areas of our game will.

Do you reckon MP will be think "we didnt concede so lets not bother analysing our defensive performance"?

Fuck it, im off for steak and cider and to enjoy another great performance, 3 points and a clean sheet to boot.

Those after a footballing utopia that simply doesn't exist can whine and moan on here all night!

samharris said:
simon23 said:
samharris said:
I see where you are coming from,but in my mind not conceeding means they did their job..

they partly did their job (espeically in the second half) but it also means that the swansea attackers on a number of occasions didnt do theirs...better opposition players will

like spurs and the scum you mean??

utd were also missing RVP that day just like swansea were missing Michu today......spurs are ahving real problems infront of goal all season..........

Im analysing the performaance and saying that although we are playing very well attacking wise, we could still do with tighening up at the back...this si not a criticism of MP (Im behind the manager) but its an area I think we can improve on

moomba said:
samharris said:
moomba said:

Very happy we didnt concede. But a clean sheet today won't stop us conceding in games to come. Improving one of the weaker areas of our game will.

No such thing as a team that doesnt conceed...the thing is to score more against those who do score against us..

moomba said:
samharris said:
moomba said:

Another good attacking display today...It does concern me how much space we leave between the middle two and the back four...I imagine a Barca/Bayern/Madrid and dare I say Arsenal side would have picked our pockets today. Still for me, an area of concern against better quality finishers.
Important two aways coming up now and with Arsenal at home for both we'll do well to keep the gap at 6 points before we play them.

S23 makes very valid points - it´s still the same problem with the space between DM´s and defence - maybe VK´s return will address this but the next three games are mega important in showing whether we can maintain a real title challenge

samharris said:
moomba said:
samharris said:

No such thing as a team that doesnt conceed...the thing is to score more against those who do score against us..

Personally I think we are capable of scoring plenty and being more solid in defence.

I doubt Pellegrini is satisfied with the opportunities we allowed today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.