Discuss Pellegrini (Pt 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.
simon23 said:
samharris said:
simon23 said:
they partly did their job (espeically in the second half) but it also means that the swansea attackers on a number of occasions didnt do theirs...better opposition players will

like spurs and the scum you mean??

utd were also missing RVP that day just like swansea were missing Michu today......spurs are ahving real problems infront of goal all season..........

Im analysing the performaance and saying that although we are playing very well attacking wise, we could still do with tighening up at the back...this si not a criticism of MP (Im behind the manager) but its an area I think we can improve on

This is the prem..it has good teams and they will always create chances..its goals conceeded we need to worry about...not chances missed..

Blue Tooth said:
moomba said:
samharris said:
whats not positive about not conceeding..lets discuss facts not possibilities..

Very happy we didnt concede. But a clean sheet today won't stop us conceding in games to come. Improving one of the weaker areas of our game will.

Another good attacking display today...It does concern me how much space we leave between the middle two and the back four...I imagine a Barca/Bayern/Madrid and dare I say Arsenal side would have picked our pockets today. Still for me, an area of concern against better quality finishers.
Important two aways coming up now and with Arsenal at home for both we'll do well to keep the gap at 6 points before we play them.

He got your playing even better football this season but he yet to find the workrate away from home. you got to find the intesity away that you do at home. big away games for you this week

moomba said:
samharris said:
moomba said:
Very happy we didnt concede. But a clean sheet today won't stop us conceding in games to come. Improving one of the weaker areas of our game will.

No such thing as a team that doesnt conceed...the thing is to score more against those who do score against us..

Personally I think we are capable of scoring plenty and being more solid in defence.

I doubt Pellegrini is satisfied with the opportunities we allowed today.

No neither am I, but im not so foolish to think that teams will never create chances against us..Cant be done in the prem..

With joe, silva, kompany and jovetic to all return...this is a mouthwatering prospect

The engineer really is adjusting to our club and English football well

This is the best football I've ever seen city play and long may it continue

samharris said:
simon23 said:
samharris said:

utd were also missing RVP that day just like swansea were missing Michu today......spurs are ahving real problems infront of goal all season..........

Im analysing the performaance and saying that although we are playing very well attacking wise, we could still do with tighening up at the back...this si not a criticism of MP (Im behind the manager) but its an area I think we can improve on

This is the prem..it has good teams and they will always create chances..its goals conceeded we need to worry about...not chances missed..

I just look at it from the point of view that if we are going to win things eventually we are going to come up against much better teamms where IF we allow them these chances they will take advantage...give them too many and that will mean we will lose games.....noone wants this....

as a team we should always be looking at how to improve and this is one area we can improve on....if we want to be the best we can be then it has to happen.....this is not a slaggin off of the manager, this is an observation an dhow to make OUR team even better than it is!!!!!!

The "problem" which Swansea & Spuds (in the first half) and Bayern caused us is down to a decent technical team having an extra man in the midfield against our 4-4-2. It's one hell of a conundrum due to how good we are going forward and the Beast/Sergio partnership, however I have to say that once Merlin is fit I'd like to see us play 4-2-3-1 away from home to see how that aloows us a better foothold in the game.

Can't complain at our home form although I can see what posters are trying to point out as teams get a hell of a lot of possession against us, especially in first halves.

samharris said:
moomba said:
samharris said:
No such thing as a team that doesnt conceed...the thing is to score more against those who do score against us..

Personally I think we are capable of scoring plenty and being more solid in defence.

No neither am I, but im not so foolish to think that teams will never create chances against us..Cant be done in the prem..

No one is suggesting that is the case. But surely its an area we can improve and as such worth talking about on here.

moomba said:
samharris said:
moomba said:

fully agree...i liked his comments after the Plzen game...thats what I want to hear from him........though i suspect he will keep it behind closed doors more often than not.......i just hope he is looking at it and seeing that we can still improve in the way we defend (he did mention it as one area he believes Kun has improved since his arricval and Nasri has certainly continued to improve his work rate defensively so good positive signs....) ...my cconcern is the way we set up defensively..........space in behind the full backs for the angled ball over the top which all teams are trying against us as well as that continued space in front of our back 4....last week against spurs we closed it up second half and we did to a degree today.......but it needs to be ther efrom the start of games not 45 minutes into it<br /><br />-- Sun Dec 01, 2013 7:52 pm --<br /><br />
forevermancity said:
With joe, silva, kompany and jovetic to all return...this is a mouthwatering prospect

The engineer really is adjusting to our club and English football well

This is the best football I've ever seen city play and long may it continue

if he gets the defensive side of our game sorted I agree

samharris said:
simon23 said:
samharris said:
I see where you are coming from,but in my mind not conceeding means they did their job..

they partly did their job (espeically in the second half) but it also means that the swansea attackers on a number of occasions didnt do theirs...better opposition players will

bayern Munich maybe ?

Rammy Blue said:
The "problem" which Swansea & Spuds (in the first half) and Bayern caused us is down to a decent technical team having an extra man in the midfield against our 4-4-2. It's one hell of a conundrum due to how good we are going forward and the Beast/Sergio partnership, however I have to say that once Merlin is fit I'd like to see us play 4-2-3-1 away from home to see how that aloows us a better foothold in the game.

Can't complain at our home form although I can see what posters are trying to point out as teams get a hell of a lot of possession against us, especially in first halves.

The next two games will tell us a lot, Rammy. Is he going to go for broke away against two inferior, but capable, teams, or will he shore up that gap at the base of the midfield with another player?

Games like today it doesn't matter. He jus plays 'war of attrition' with the opponents and our firepower blasts them away. Simple logic and thrilling to watch.

I think silva's absence means we shore it up, and play sergio wide. But I wouldn't be at all surprised if he goes 442 again. He's not half a brave manager.

The season rests on these two games for me:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.