Discuss Pellegrini (Pt 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.
i thought the milner sub showed a little bit of what pelligrini has in mind to tighten up the defense. I think he'll stick with our modified 4-4-2 for most games in the EPL because it tears the direct play most teams in england play with to shreds. However, in Europe more teams like to play possession football. When milner came in and Nasri went in behind aguero, it eased yaya and fernandinho's defensive responsibilities and gave us more in the middle. In the 4-4-2 yaya and fernandinho are asked to cover a lot of ground. Works great against teams who play more direct bc they aren't worked as hard. Teams who play possession wear out yaya and fernandinho quickly, allowing gaps here and there that lead to chances for our opposition. When milner came on we switched to more of a 4-4-1-1. With Nasri closing down their deep lying midfielders instead of yaya. this allowed yaya and fernandinho to stay closer together giving the opposition less easy passes through the middle... I think that 4-4-1-1 formation will be seen again against bayern. Just a guess, but I think it'd be a good idea.

zab........vinny....nas.......clich
jesus...yaya..fernandino..silva
................nasri...................
..............aguero...............

I don't actually think the problems are just in the defense. Our defense and midfield are often just too far from each other. As we saw today, most of their chances came right outside the 18. Our CB's were forced to step to the ball in positions where our midfield should have been. When our CB's step like that, it's necessary, but creates holes and problems all around. Say demichilis steps and the opponent fake shot, hits a quick one-two, he can easily get around him and into our box for an easy shot... Bayern could and would do that... Our problem is tightness IMO

samharris said:
moomba said:
samharris said:
whats not positive about not conceeding..lets discuss facts not possibilities..

Very happy we didnt concede. But a clean sheet today won't stop us conceding in games to come. Improving one of the weaker areas of our game will.

No such thing as a team that doesnt conceed...the thing is to score more against those who do score against us..

Well most times this season we don't seem to have any idea how to do that away from home when we aren't winning already

If Vincent is back on Wednesday then that is a huge boost surely ? Everything going forward has clicked and surely now the fact that Komps and Nastasic have a great partnership and pants looking calm in goal means we can worry less about the back line. I'm feeling confident we will look solid in midweek if Vincent is there.

simon23 said:
samharris said:
simon23 said:
utd were also missing RVP that day just like swansea were missing Michu today......spurs are ahving real problems infront of goal all season..........

Im analysing the performaance and saying that although we are playing very well attacking wise, we could still do with tighening up at the back...this si not a criticism of MP (Im behind the manager) but its an area I think we can improve on

This is the prem..it has good teams and they will always create chances..its goals conceeded we need to worry about...not chances missed..

I just look at it from the point of view that if we are going to win things eventually we are going to come up against much better teamms where IF we allow them these chances they will take advantage...give them too many and that will mean we will lose games.....noone wants this....

as a team we should always be looking at how to improve and this is one area we can improve on....if we want to be the best we can be then it has to happen.....this is not a slaggin off of the manager, this is an observation an dhow to make OUR team even better than it is!!!!!!

But it is horses for courses fella.. you dont set out at home against Swansea as you would for say Arsenal..

Before todays game If id said draw 0-0 or win 4-3 what would you have said ??

1 point and dont conceed any goals or 3 points and concede 3 goals??

Conceding isnt great,but the win is far more important..

Swansea gave us more of a game than the Scum or Spuds yet they are better teams than Swansea..
you dont know how a team will play until the game starts,and by then(as a manager) youve made yer choices.

bobmcfc said:
If Vincent is back on Wednesday then that is a huge boost surely ? Everything going forward has clicked and surely now the fact that Komps and Nastasic have a great partnership and pants looking calm in goal means we can worry less about the back line. I'm feeling confident we will look solid in midweek if Vincent is there.

Vinny being back is of course a big plus, but it doesn't have a massive bearing on the space at the back of our midfield. He steps out and intercepts well but in general his inclusion helps more with organisation and distribution from the back (both of which have been better the last month anyway). To look solid it takes an extra player in there like we did at Chelsea.

Will he? Won't he?

Its a tough choice because the two up front are working so well. But for the next three games I'd have the extra midfielder. Easy enough to change if we need goals, and it will lighten a tough workload for the two in there that will be doing a lot of running in the next month.

samharris said:
simon23 said:
samharris said:
This is the prem..it has good teams and they will always create chances..its goals conceeded we need to worry about...not chances missed..

I just look at it from the point of view that if we are going to win things eventually we are going to come up against much better teamms where IF we allow them these chances they will take advantage...give them too many and that will mean we will lose games.....noone wants this....

as a team we should always be looking at how to improve and this is one area we can improve on....if we want to be the best we can be then it has to happen.....this is not a slaggin off of the manager, this is an observation an dhow to make OUR team even better than it is!!!!!!

But it is horses for courses fella.. you dont set out at home against Swansea as you would for say Arsenal..

Swansea gave us more of a game than the Scum or Spuds yet they are better teams than Swansea..
you dont know how a team will play until the game starts,and by then(as a manager) youve made yer choices.

That's the point this guy doesn't seem to get. To go 451 against Swansea at home would be ridiculously cautious, given the proven chemistry between our attacking players. I think he made a subtle change at half time, when he instructed yaya and fernandinho not to bomb forward willy nilly, and the centre halves to step out more into the hole when their players drifted there.

It gave us a total stranglehold on the game. You're always going to leave space with this 442 and with yaya in there. Bit if you are blasting 4 and 5 goals a game it doesn't matter.

Didsbury Dave said:
samharris said:
simon23 said:

That's the point this guy doesn't seem to get. To go 451 against Swansea at home would be ridiculously cautious, given the proven chemistry between our attacking players. I think he made a subtle change at half time, when he instructed yaya and fernandinho not to bomb forward willy nilly, and the centre halves to step out more into the hole when their players drifted there.

It gave us a total stranglehold on the game. You're always going to leave space with this 442 and with yaya in there. Bit if you are blasting 4 and 5 goals a game it doesn't matter.

Obviously it does to some Dave..

blueinsa said:
Fuck it, im off for steak and cider and to enjoy another great performance, 3 points and a clean sheet to boot.

Those after a footballing utopia that simply doesn't exist can whine and moan on here all night!

Enjoy. im just having a port. After chicken roast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.